Having Some Problems With My Laptop

facemeat

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
I bought a 10-year-old laptop off eBay a couple days ago and it came in the mail today. I fiddled around with it, trying to get it to start Win95. I evenually got to MS ScanDisk, and about half-way through the process, it froze up and I had to abort it. Now here's where the real trouble starts; every time I boot it up now, it comes up with the message, "Invalid system disk, replace the disk, and then press any key". Does anyone know if there's a way to fix this, or even what that means? I thought the hard drive failed, but after searching google, it appears that's not the case. Any and all help will be appreciated.

That's a pretty standard hard drive failure.
What type of laptop is it? I'm guessing it must be something interesting if it's 10 years old.

[quote name='lbradeen']That's a pretty standard hard drive failure.
What type of laptop is it? I'm guessing it must be something interesting if it's 10 years old.[/quote]
It's a Fujitsu Lifebook 735Dx. I just bought it to play some older PC pames on, but I guess that's not going to happen now. I was also wondering, would using an external hardrive work? I only spent $25 on this thing, but I still want to get it up and running if at all possible.

I don't think you're going to be able to hookup an external HDD to it let alone boot off it.
You can pickup a small laptop HDD for only a couple dollars, I might actually have some sitting around though I wouldn't be able to guarantee they work.

You might run into a limitation in supported drive size as well so don't get anything over 5gb.

bread's done
Back