HBO: Entorouge and "The Comeback"

CTLesq

CAGiversary!
Both premiered last night.

I thoroughly enjoyed Entorouge.

I just want Lisa Kudrow to die.

She and the entire premise of "The Comeback" were dreadful.

As much as I admire HBO for taking risks and supporting shows that other networks would have dropped the moment they dropped in viewership, but this one can't die fast enough.

I could only endure 11 minutes on TiVo before I had to take another long sip of scotch and delete it.

CTL

I liked Entourage also. I hope it continues to be good.

Comeback was OK. I'll give it a little bit of a chance since there is nothing else on right now.

Entourage Rules. It was like it never left. The Comeback was dreadful but I will keep watching in hopes that it gets better. At least it showed some tits.

[quote name='ZarathosNY']I liked Entourage also. I hope it continues to be good.

Comeback was OK. I'll give it a little bit of a chance since there is nothing else on right now.[/QUOTE]

Do you watch Six Feet Under? or Carnivale?

I actually want to watch Deadwood.

I missed Entourage last night but I'm sure I'll get a chance to watch it sometime this week thanks to HBO. I like this show a lot and I hope it continues to do well.

Entourage gets better every episode. Never a dull moment.

I won't be giving The Comeback a 2nd chance. It was unwatchable.

Now if HBO would give us a new season of Curb.

[quote name='CTLesq']Do you watch Six Feet Under? or Carnivale?

I actually want to watch Deadwood.[/QUOTE]

I love Six feet under. I didn't know the new season started tonight until I watched Entorouge last night. I also didn't know it was the last season for Six Feet Under. I think last season slipped a bit. I liked the earlier episodes better. They have an article on the new season in today's NY Newsday (which I won't read because I like not to know a thing on the new season) but it does have a picture of the dad with the rest of the cast, so I hope we are going to see more of him this season.

I've never seen Carnivale, but I think I read somewhere that HBO cancelled it.

yes Carnivale was canned...to bad, a great series..but they have a bunch of shows in the pipeline, like the new roman one for the fall...

[quote name='ryanbph']yes Carnivale was canned...to bad, a great series..but they have a bunch of shows in the pipeline, like the new roman one for the fall...[/QUOTE]

I finally saw the trailer for Rome. Isn't it supposed to be a mini-series similar to BoB?

I never saw Carnivale and I grew up in a dysfunctional family so I had no interest in someone else's take on it with Six Feet Under (and I hated Roseanne).

CyE is hands down the best TV on TV, IMO.

CTL

Can't freakin' wait until "Rome" starts!

"Joey, do you like movies about gladiators?"

"Entourage" totally rules. Ari is such a bastard, though.

[quote name='shieryda']

"Entourage" totally rules. Ari is such a bastard, though.[/QUOTE]

Entourage does totally rule and the episode last night was awesome. You're right about Ari being a bastard, but he is fricking hilarious, every scene with him funny as hell. What do you think will happen the rest of the season? Think Vince will actually fire Ari? Personally I think that would be a stupid move.

Not to beat a dead Career, er I meant horse, but Comeback sucked horribly. Entourage great as always. I only have one complaint, why dont they extend it to one full hour. How come only the drama shows are an hour?

[quote name='big_squirtle']Not to beat a dead Career, er I meant horse, but Comeback sucked horribly. Entourage great as always. I only have one complaint, why dont they extend it to one full hour. How come only the drama shows are an hour?[/QUOTE]

Comedy for an hour is hard.

Lisa Kurdow should shrivel up and DIE.

CTL

[quote name='CTLesq']Comedy for an hour is hard.[/QUOTE]

I agree, although, I really can't get enough of the Entourage. It is so damn funny. Any thoughts on what will happen next week? Think Vince will end up doing Aquaman? I bet he does and I certainly hope he does not fire Ari.

[quote name='nevposey']I agree, although, I really can't get enough of the Entourage. It is so damn funny. Any thoughts on what will happen next week? Think Vince will end up doing Aquaman? I bet he does and I certainly hope he does not fire Ari.[/QUOTE]

You can't fire Ari. Without Ari there is no zing to the show.

How many episodes would you be amused for if all they did was make fun of Turtle?

[quote name='CTLesq']You can't fire Ari. Without Ari there is no zing to the show.

How many episodes would you be amused for if all they did was make fun of Turtle?[/QUOTE]

I certainly didn't mean fire Ari from the show, I just ment in the storyline. Ari's the man. I do like when Turtle gets made fun of though. Do you think Drama will catch a break this season?

[quote name='CTLesq']Comedy for an hour is hard. [/QUOTE]

I think this is what killed Freaks & Geeks.

I have never seen either of these shows. For some reason the print ads for Entourage really bug me. No matter though....I don't have HBO. :sad:

[quote name='chickenhawk']No matter though....I don't have HBO. :sad:[/QUOTE]

Sux man, I am a big fan of the HBO Original shows. You should rent the first season of Entourage that was just released on DVD. I promise it will be worth your while. Very funny and layed back characters and show. Perfect for a Sunday night.

For Peeps who watch-you all hear U2 is going to be on? Anyone know what episode?

bread's done
Back