HD Advance 3.0 USB Xtreme

Ghaleon

CAGiversary!
Feedback
6 (100%)
Now I undertstand that this can VERY easily be misconstued as a piracy thread, HOWEVER that is not my point in this post. I am thinking of getting this product as lately my PS2 that I bought on release day is having difficulties reading games at times (bad laser?). So since I have an extra hdd I am thinking of trying this app, can any other CAG state if they have tried it and what there experiences with the product have been? Also if you know of a place to get a decent price please post or PM as well. Thanks

--Dijital

I use it, I currently am using it to play Dragon Quest Yangus. It is a great product. They have their own website with links to other site to purchase the product from. So you could go to each of those site and compare prices.

I use a product very much like this and have since way back with the HDLoader. I love them and can tell you there are many great reasons to get something like this. Not just from a negative side like piracy which I am of course ok with. But the way these devices kill load times. God even if I owned a game I would load it via this just so I didnt have to deal with all those load times. Plus on a very minor level think about not having to get up and pop in a new disc every time you wanted to change games. Or bringing your whole collection to your in-laws all on a HDD internal or external.

Anyways I can tell you these things are the best. I love them.

no one mentioned the best part... it was alluded to in gamingninja's post..
you can play imports using this.... the ability to play imports without a mod chip.... that's freaking great!

[quote name='Dijital']so is there a difference between hd loader and hd advance? I found hd loader for 11.95[/QUOTE]
first of all I would not use the ubs as it not comparable with many games. I would use the memory card exploit instead of buying a disc that wont have the lastest version of HDL.

As for using the hdd for import, I find that to be ineffective as too many games do not work (Neo Geo Battle Colussim being one of the more popular games that does not work, KoF XI has freezing problem)

I prefer HdLoader being I never tried the usb one before and Hdloader works great and reduce load times on tons of games. Just know these things don't work on all games.

[quote name='Raiikoh']Any of these products work with the slim versions (12-15)?[/QUOTE]
it is not worth the trouble with slim because fewer games work with usb hdd.

Keep in mind the throughput with the USB 1.1 ports is going to frequently be slower than the DVD. Installing an IDE drive using the network adapter works great both in speed and inconvenience.

Other than portability, putting many games on a single drive, there isn't much to recommend the USB version. If the later PS2 had been equipped with USB 2.0 it would have been great but Sony didn't see fit to do that.

There are several drawbacks of using the USB version of this software. The main two are the low compatilibty rate of games, and the fact the PS2 only has a 1.1 USB port, so the transfer rates are abysmal.

HD Advance and HD Loader are essentially the same product with cosmetic differences.

That being said, not all games work off the hard drive.

The slim PS2 only has a USB port, no IDE hard drive bay. You either have to resort to using the USB version or modifying the case to accomodate an IDE hard drive (a fairly complicated procedure).

One of my friends just put in an order for HDAdvance 3.0. It supposedly has support for DVD-9 games, which HDLoader does not have. I use HDLoader and I love it.

There is a problem with what you are trying to do, however. You said you are thinking about buying HDAdvance because your laser seems to be crapping out. Well unless you are going to be transferring games from your PC to the hard drive, your laser problems are going to cause you issues when HDAdvance copies the game. After all, it uses the PS2's DVD drive to copy the games. If the laser is going, this isn't going to work too well for you either.

Unless you are going to be using your PC as I stated before.

Well guys I ordered it last night found HD Advance 3.0 with Slider Card for $33shipped that was the best price I could find, not bad for $6 shipping, and $26 for Product.

Why in gods name are you wasting money on HD Advance???

It's a pirated, renamed hack of the original HD Loader. If you want HD Loader, you can just use the memory card exploit and run the latest community derived HD Loader 0.8B that blows the ass-tastic HD Advance out of the water. Why pay pirates for something that is free?

Then you could also invest in a Qaudro computer with a PCI16X or AGP 8X card and use a emulator. So far the PS2 emulator is working great with most games just a few problems. Still I would not know since I have not yet check the webpage for updates.

Why in gods name are you wasting money on HD Advance???

Give him a break. For a lot of people that aren't computer literate or don't have friends to set up an exploit for them, this is their only option.

actually 0.7c is the latest version.

Actually nogib is right, it's 0.8b. 0.8 series started with the Shadow of the Colossus patch.

[quote name='espy605']Give him a break. For a lot of people that aren't computer literate or don't have friends to set up an exploit for them, this is their only option.

Actually nogib is right, it's 0.8b. 0.8 series started with the Shadow of the Colossus patch.[/QUOTE]

I'm actually quite computer literate I have (2) AS in Information Systems.

It's amazing how little most of you know.

HD Advance is worthless. Do not buy it. Spend your money on Swap Magic or something else to get the MC exploit going, then download HDLoader, patch it, and use it. That simple.

bread's done
Back