HD-D3 w/HDMI Cable, Bourne Identity & 300 HD DVD's $79.99 @ Costco.com & Costco B&M

LinkinPrime

CAGiversary!
Feedback
170 (100%)
http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product.aspx?Prodid=11248468&whse=BC&topnav=&browse=&lang=en-US&s=1

This item may currently be in stock at your local Costco warehouse for the same price.

The HD-D3 delivers the excellent picture, sound and interactivity features of HD DVD, and adds a new, sleek compact chassis. The combination of stellar high-definition picture quality up to 1080i, near high definition picture-quality of up-converted standard DVDs output through HDMI and leading edge audio (including Dolby TRUEHD and Dolby Digital Plus) provides a new level of home theater experience.

Features:
  • HD Output: 720p/1080i
  • SD Upconversion with HDMI: 480p/720p/1080i
  • Playback Media: HD DVD Video, DVD Video, DVD VR, DVD-R (Video), DVD-R DL (Video), DVD-RW (Video/VR CPRM), CD, CD-R/-RW (CD-DA)
  • OSD Language: English/French/Spanish/Others
  • Advanced Navigation
  • Persistent Storage
  • HDMITM Cable (included) x1
  • Weight 7.26 lbs
  • Dimensions (WxHxD): 16.9" x 2.34" x 12.9"
Audio:
  • Dolby® Digital: 5.1ch
  • Dolby® Digital Plus: 5.1ch
  • Dolby® TrueHD: 5.1ch
  • DTS®: 5.1ch
  • DTS® HD (core only): 5.1ch
Outputs:
  • Digital / Analog out simultaneously ✓
  • Composite x1
  • Component x1
  • Analog 2ch x1
  • Digital Optical x1
  • HDMI Output x1
  • Ethernet (10/100BASE) x1
  • Extension Terminal x1
Package Includes:
  • Toshiba HD-D3 HD DVD Player
  • 2-HD DVD's (300 & Bourne Identity)
  • Remote
  • Manual

Non-Costco members can buy it but will be charged a 5% surcharge...so it will be roughly $84 before taxes/shipping.

Credit goest to: http://www.hotdealsclub.com/deal/9c6da500d7947c5f0b8bbc1aa3dad71f/

[quote name='shrike4242']The D3 = A3, if anyone was wondering.[/QUOTE]

Except it comes with a HDMI cable.

[quote name='pacifickarma']Does this include any free titles by mail, too? (Are they even running that promotion anymore?)[/QUOTE]

I haven't heard anything about the promotion ending, so I imagine it's still running.

[quote name='Sporadic']Except it comes with a HDMI cable.[/quote]Bonus extra, then. Worth at least a few more $$$, then. Thanks for bringing that up.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Promotion ends 2/28/2008 your submission must be postmarked by 3/31/08.
http://www.thelookandsoundofperfect.com/_pdf/perfect_hd_dvd_offer_redemption_form.pdf

I didn't realize it came with an HDMI cable Sporadic...I'll update the title...thanks.[/quote]The question is, will you get your discs in 2008 or 2009, or will you get them at all? Remember, this was as "until supplies last" and with vendors drying up stock of HD-DVD production, it might be a little hard to get them, if they show up at all.

The Rebate Center assured everyone that they were authorized to continue to honor the rebates...so rest assured. Obviously, we know about their delays though....and the possibility that as stock is depleted, things are always subject to change.

It's online now too, but shipping was too high, so I will be trolling the Bay Area looking for another one for the bedroom :D

[quote name='pacifickarma']Hmm... My current (crappy) HDTV only has component imputs... Would standard def DVDs play at 480p then?[/quote]

It would play up to 720p or 1080i if your TV supports it.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']It would play up to 720p or 1080i if your TV supports it.[/QUOTE]

No, standard DVD's only got to 480p through component

Just a heads up, I looked at one of these at Costco today but the box said it had the Bourne Identity and Bourne Supremacy (so no 300). The other details are the same (model number and free HDMI), so it looks like Toshiba switched out 300 at some stage and replaced it with the bourne supremacy....When these first came out a few months ago, it did have 300 and bourne movie.

I just bought one from the Costco in Sunnyvale, CA and it came with Bourne Identity and 300. They had about 6 or 7 more on the floor and they all had 300 and Bourne Identity. Figure for $80, hard to pass up, especially with 7 free movies.

I picked one up in Charlotte, NC and it came with the first 2 Bourne Movies. Wish it had 300 as I already have the Bourne Trilogy in HD :(.

Why would you even waste $80 on a HD DVD player that can only do 1080i and 5.1? You might as well just buy an upconverting DVD player and not pay $10-20 for movies.

Thanks OP - my living room DVD player crapped out this week, so it was nice to get this upconverting player (with the side benefit of playing my small selection of HD-DVDs).

Wish I had found a 'double-bourne' - I already had 300 :)

Picked mine up in Independence, MO, and there were easily a dozen or more left.

[quote name='lurknomore']The Rebate Center assured everyone that they were authorized to continue to honor the rebates...so rest assured. Obviously, we know about their delays though....and the possibility that as stock is depleted, things are always subject to change.[/quote]

Hey lurk, any idea if any of the costco's near us have this? It's no longer available online and my mom just asked me to find her a new DVD player. Might as well get a couple of free movies along the way.

I picked up one in Santa Clara, CA Costco on Friday. The one across from the San Jose Airport. They had a big stack yesterday.

i just grabbed one today too, thanks for the heads up. mine came with bourne identity and supremecy which is good because i already have 300. all the costcos close to me were sold out and then one that i normally wouldnt drive all the way out to had 49 of them in stock lol.

I got in on this also on Thursday. Bourne Identity and 300 were packed in, but I hear it varies location to location.

I am looking forward to some good deals on the movies as stuff starts to get closed out and clearanced. I picked up that Planet Earth boxset as well from the Discovery Store.

I got one at the Costco in Clarkston, WA. They had a few that were Bourne/300, but most of them were Bourne/Bourne. Still many left.

I'd recommend to everyone a firmware upgrade as soon as you plug it in, the firmware is slightly out of date. Otherwise, it's a fantastic upscaling DVD player (so much better than the crappy Xbox 360 DVD player) and does well at HD-DVDs, too.

[quote name='Swave']Does the 360 add-on upscale dvds? Is there a 1080p hd-dvd player on sale (under $100)?[/QUOTE]

The 360 add-on doesn't do anything different to standard DVDs.

Costco has a Toshiba 1080p upscaler for $70. I was going to get that, but then I figured, what the hell, I'll just get the HD-D3.

[quote name='kyouteki']The 360 add-on doesn't do anything different to standard DVDs.

Costco has a Toshiba 1080p upscaler for $70. I was going to get that, but then I figured, what the hell, I'll just get the HD-D3.[/quote]

360 add-on does upconvert just to let you know.

btw - i think this is heluva deal but this deal is dead...

Just picked one up at the Costco in Sand City, CA. They actually had both the 300+Bourne bundle and the double Bourne bundle.

[quote name='siptang']360 add-on does upconvert just to let you know.

btw - i think this is heluva deal but this deal is dead...[/QUOTE]

Only if you're using VGA or HDMI, which is the same as the regular DVD player.

And the deal is not dead B&M.

Found 'em @ Fry's as well..B&M btw.

HD-A3 79.99
HD-A30 99.99
HD-A35 129.99

Probably return my costco one and get the A35!

If anyone in Albuquerque, NM is looking for these. check the Montano Location, they had about 15 in stock. with both the double bourne, and the 300/bourne combo.

Not so fast everyone, I went in today to pick one up but they had 10 in stock and couldn't sell any of them because they were shipping them back I guess.

[quote name='ccockerill']Not so fast everyone, I went in today to pick one up but they had 10 in stock and couldn't sell any of them because they were shipping them back I guess.[/quote]

Worked for me today in Denver. Picked up one of the last two that were in stock. Got the Bourne Movies (no 300). Now to PS the receipt. ;)

shit, my wife threw away the box before I could get the UPC. :( Anyone have one on a post 2-28 HD-D3 they can send me? You can have one of the free HD-DVDs...

bread's done
Back