HD DVD $7.99 Sale at Blockbuster.com

Cloggerdude

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
Blockbuster is selling all of their in-stock USED HD DVDs for $7.99 a piece.

Use coupon code "holidaysurprise" for an additional 30% off your order.

Blockbuster HD DVD Sale

I picked up:
Unforgiven
Children of Men
Zodiac
Freedom: Volume 2: Freedom Project
Bourne Ultimatum
All for $35.83 shipped.

I realize that there have been cheaper sales out there than this, but none with this kind of selection. Freedom Volume 2 for $7.99 is a great deal too.

Also, for those who missed out on the Boarder's sale, they have Royal Space Force for $7.99 as well: Royal Space Force Well nevermind. Sorry guys.

Thanks go to Paperboy05 at Slickdeals for originally posting this deal.

Last edited by a moderator:
Received Zodiac in the mail today. Original Case and artwork. Light scratches on the movie but disc 2 was pristine. I'm sure it will play fine, but I'll test it out to make sure tonight.

For $6 or so, not a bad deal considering I've never found this disc on sale since its release. I ordered a couple of others on Sunday, so hopefully they arrive in the same condition. Unless I find a great deal on Batman Begins or Sopranos Season 6, I might be done with buying HD-DVDs for good.

The very problem that I have found since this sale started, is taht almost everything I click on to order, when the box come up to select what version you want, is not available to purchase for HD-DVD.

my order came in today, 3 of the movies had original cover art and cases, but the mummy returns was just thrown in a blank dvd case with no cover art at all...very lame on their part...

Zodiac came Friday or Saturday. It's in its original case. Disc 1 has minor visible scratches. Disc 2 looks all jacked up, like someone was sliding it across the asphalt parking lot before shipping. Will check it out this week.

EDIT: Disc played initially. Picture would skip frames. Audio was out of sync. Tried to clean it. Now my player doesn't think it's even a DVD. Guess it's going back. I know I'm biased against Blockbuster since I used to work for them, but this is par for the course -- if the customers aren't abusing the rentals then the employees are. Just glad that I didn't get more than one. At any rate, I hope everyone else's orders were satisfactory.

Last edited by a moderator:
4 of my 8 HD-DVDs came in. They all had cases that were complete and in like new shape. All the discs though definitely show rental wear. They all work, but could definitely use some resurfacing. Unless they have a big drop in price, this is probably the last I'll be ordering from this sale.

Can anyone help me out; one of my favorite movies is 'The Game' and when I added it to my cart and tried to check out, it said quantities were no longer available. I think someone snaked it out while I was browsing the other stuff.

I'd love to get this one on HD-DVD. If anyone has a spare copy or wouldn't mind passing it onto me, that would be amazing (for payment of course). Thanks in advance.

Just got confirmation of my next shipment. 13 HD DVDs on the way.

That gives me a pretty respectable collection of stuff to watch now. I'm happy with this sale.

Now if Borders would just send me the order I made with them over a month ago!

[quote name='trabbahabba']Now if Borders would just send me the order I made with them over a month ago![/quote]

They won't. You should just cancel the order, so they take the authorization off of your card.

Just got the 12 Monkeys & American Gangster HD DVDs I ordered. They didn't come with any inserts, but are in their original cases. But... the discs are quite scratched up. I hope they work.

[quote name='Cameron4All']The very problem that I have found since this sale started, is taht almost everything I click on to order, when the box come up to select what version you want, is not available to purchase for HD-DVD.[/QUOTE]

If you click on "add to cart" it'll bring up a pop up window with listings for the DVD, HD DVD, and possibly the BD as well. Some of the HD DVDs are OOS for sale and will only show up for rent I believe.

My last 2 HD-DVD's came about a week after ordering. Picked up Beowulf & Eternal Sunshine. Both were like in like new condition with original case and artwork, so I was happy. Its definitely luck of the draw when you order with them it seems.

Got my copies of Anchorman and Pan's Labyrinth today. Both were in very good shape, although Pan's was missing the insert. I can live with that though.

Sadly, Blockbuster has been nothing but a headache for me. My copy of "Zodiac" had a damaged 2nd disc.
I requested a RMA exchange on 12/31/08.

...8 mostly nasty emails later...

I just got acknowledgment that a replacement will be sent.

Oddly, still no RMA. Can't wait to see how this all turns out.

In the meantime, time to answer their survey. It won't be pleasant.

bread's done
Back