HD-DVD Add-on Servicing

darkrage

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Has anyone ever had to have their HD-DVD add on serviced? Mine was having issues, so I sent it in to MS. Now Im having problems getting it back. Wanted to know if anybody else had an experience with this.

I sent mine in the 26th, they recieved it the 29th, they told me to expect it around the 14th and two days ago they said their repair center just recieved it and it will be ten business days. After being on hold for 30 minutes to talk to a manager, I gave up but I plan to call them back today.

[quote name='Sporadic']I sent mine in the 26th, they recieved it the 29th, they told me to expect it around the 14th and two days ago they said their repair center just recieved it and it will be ten business days. After being on hold for 30 minutes to talk to a manager, I gave up but I plan to call them back today.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, this is like me. I shipped mine over a week ago Priority mail, and now Im getting emails saying they havent recieved it yet.

Ill elaborate my story a bit.

So I called 1800myxbox. And I got an RMA number and what not, with instructions to box it myself and send it to Texas. I did that and shipped it out last monday, the 9th. Meanwhile my repair status changed around Friday to 'Empty Box Shipped to Customer'. WTF, you told me to ship it in my own box. Then I got an email sunday again telling me that they were sending me a box to put my 'xbox 360 console' in. Im confused here because its not my console Im sending. But whatever. Then today I got an email saying they still hadent recieved my 'console'. Its been 9 days now since I sent it.

Im afraid the indian woman that told me to box it myself was wrong. Im afraid she told me to send it to the wrong place. Im afraid the repair center is confused and thinks Im sending them a console. Im afraid they have lost my Drive somewhere in their depths of their massive repair facility, never to be found again amidst a see of red rings. Im afraid Im fucked.

[quote name='darkrage']Yeah, this is like me. I shipped mine over a week ago Priority mail, and now Im getting emails saying they havent recieved it yet.

So I called 1800myxbox. And I got an RMA number and what not, with instructions to box it myself and send it to Texas. I did that and shipped it out last monday, the 9th. Meanwhile my repair status changed around Friday to 'Empty Box Shipped to Customer'. WTF, you told me to ship it in my own box. Then I got an email sunday again telling me that they were sending me a box to put my 'xbox 360 console' in. Im confused here because its not my console Im sending. But whatever. Then today I got an email saying they still hadent recieved my 'console'. Its been 9 days now since I sent it.

Im afraid the indian woman that told me to box it myself was wrong. Im afraid she told me to send it to the wrong place. Im afraid the repair center is confused and thinks Im sending them a console. Im afraid they have lost my Drive somewhere in their depths of their massive repair facility, never to be found again amidst a see of red rings. Im afraid Im fucked.[/QUOTE]

That really sucks. It is for this exact reason that I'm staying away from the 360 HD-DVD player, even though I would like to go format neutral.

As long as you have documentation of everything that happened (and this is good, because it's all in e-mails, I hope), then at the very least you will end up getting a new drive sometime later on. It may take a lot of calling and annoyance, though.

[quote name='Sporadic']I sent mine in the 26th, they recieved it the 29th, they told me to expect it around the 14th and two days ago they said their repair center just recieved it and it will be ten business days. After being on hold for 30 minutes to talk to a manager, I gave up but I plan to call them back today.[/QUOTE]

Update: I just called them (13 minute wait and an American, today must be my lucky day) and they told me that it just shipped yesterday. He read me my tracking number and hopefully within the week I should be back in the game. Which is great since I have about 15 new movies I have been dying to watch.

[quote name='darkrage']Yeah, this is like me. I shipped mine over a week ago Priority mail, and now Im getting emails saying they havent recieved it yet.

Im afraid the indian woman that told me to box it myself was wrong. Im afraid she told me to send it to the wrong place. Im afraid the repair center is confused and thinks Im sending them a console. Im afraid they have lost my Drive somewhere in their depths of their massive repair facility, never to be found again amidst a see of red rings. Im afraid Im fucked.[/QUOTE]

Did you mail it to:

5700 South International Highway
Door 18
Allen, TX 78503

That's where they had me send my HD-DVD attachment.

Hopefully you got insurance. I sent mine UPS with 200 dollars insurance and a tracking number.

Call the support line and hope that you get an American. They should be able to figure out what's going on. I still haven't recieved one email about any of this :/

- edit [quote name='getmyrunon']That really sucks. It is for this exact reason that I'm staying away from the 360 HD-DVD player, even though I would like to go format neutral.

As long as you have documentation of everything that happened (and this is good, because it's all in e-mails, I hope), then at the very least you will end up getting a new drive sometime later on. It may take a lot of calling and annoyance, though.[/QUOTE]

Don't be afraid to jump in. HD-DVD drive failure rates are way lower than 360s and it is actually a great player.

That's what I did, I kept notes of when I called and what they said.

[quote name='Sporadic']
Did you mail it to:

5700 South International Highway
Door 18
Allen, TX 78503

That's where they had me send my HD-DVD attachment.

[/QUOTE]

Actually they told me McAllen, TX. But the zip code was right. Damn indian outsourced support. I suppose that might slow down the Arrival.

Honestly, the only way that I can ever get results from a legitimate gripe or concern regarding Microsoft....FILE A BBB REPORT. They will respond to that and address the issue quickly, and as they should have in the first place.

Im afraid the indian woman that told me to box it myself was wrong. Im afraid she told me to send it to the wrong place. Im afraid the repair center is confused and thinks Im sending them a console. Im afraid they have lost my Drive somewhere in their depths of their massive repair facility, never to be found again amidst a see of red rings. Im afraid Im fucked.[/quote]

Darkrage, this is almost spot-on what I am going through right now with them. I shipped mine out the 9th and it arrived on the 12th of July. Now I'm getting these emails saying to send in my 360 Console in the box they sent me. I called 2 days ago and the person couldn't pull anything up because they said their system was updating and to call back tomorrow. So yesterday I called and they said they had not received it but they would "escalate the issue" with the return center and to call back in 3 to 5 business days. I did give them the tracking info and they confirmed that they knew how to use the tracking feature on shipments. UGH. WTF is going on?

I have all the same concerns you had but I can confirm the address that is posted here in McAllen TX is the same one they gave me and the person did tell me to send it in my own box as well. But like you i'm not sure what to do next. I sure dont want to wait almost a week to call back and follow up.

[quote name='darkrage']Glock, did you send it to Allen or McAllen? What did they tell you?[/quote]

McAllen, TX and I sent it with tracking and it confirmed that it arrived there. I have heard McAllen mentioned before as the place where they have you send your dead 360 consoles so I'm pretty sure this was correct.

Allright, so I want to do an open call to anybody who currently has an ongoing issue with HD-DVD servicing. Sporadic, this might be pointed at you too. I talked to Cheapy last night and Glock mentioned it in a PM to me too, but Major Nelson mentioned that anybody who has issues should talk to him.

So I was thinking instead of being little isolated cases, if we all banded together and presented a united front to Major, perhaps we could get results. So if you are having any issues, PM Glock and myself with your story, name, gamertag, and RMA/Serial number of your Drive. What do you think?

OK, we are gonna send the Major the email today so if you havent contacted us yet and want to be included, please hurry up and let us know ASAP.

bread's done
Back