HD DVD Movies on Amazon Marketplace for 2.00 shipped after promo

Friend of Sonic

CAGiversary!
Feedback
183 (100%)
Thanks very much to Slickdeals for this deal.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/shops/stor...ID=A3VLCEWH8J3DHH&sortBy=StartDateDesc&page=1

The HDDVDs themselves are 99 cents with 3.00 shipping. Not too shappy. However, they are running a deal where if you buy three, you get three for free (no additional shipping charges) After this, you can do B1G1 free all you want. So basically, this deal is a B1G1 with a minimum purchase of three HDDVDs. After the promo, you're looking at 2.00 shipped for most of these movies.

Keep in mind you are only ordering what you are paying for-- I got 16 movies, so I ordered 8. After I placed the order, I sent them a message with the list of my 8 freebie movies I wanted. I've never dealt with this company, but people on Slickdeals have and they have been happy with their service.

There's some good stuff on there-- take a look, I found a good handful I was happy purchasing for 2.00.

[quote name='h8b1llg8ts']Damn good deal and only want Bourne ... go figure.[/QUOTE]
Supposedly they add movies to their stock. But I'm not sure. I sent them a message asking if they had any more stock they were anticpating, so I'll of course post a response if I get it.

They've added some titles-- Seed of Chucky (meh) Cinderella Man, Tremors, Ray, Dragon Heart and Scent of a Woman (which I wish they had before I made my order, but I don't know if I care that much about upgrading that to HDDVD) It's a total of 47, which is more than they had when this topic was made.

But apparently my order was shipped last week, so hopefully I'll get it soon and report.

[quote name='Indiana Jones']Got my shipment today. HD-DVDs were all legitimately sealed. I guess it's just an inventory dump at this point.[/QUOTE]
Same here. It was packed a little too tight for my tastes, but as far as I can tell I have no cracked cases or anything.

So, deal is legit.

you can only play these dvd's onm HD DVD players correct?

i only have a ps3 as my blu ray player...looks like im out on this deals...sux

great prices!

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']Same here. It was packed a little too tight for my tastes, but as far as I can tell I have no cracked cases or anything.

So, deal is legit.[/QUOTE]

Same here. It is good. :applause:

Got mine today all 16 were in a box. They were packed tightly too but that doesn't bother me too much. All were sealed and in orignal packaging also.

Thanks, hopefully yoinked 6 films for $10...I love that I get DVD rental prices to own HD quality films.

Thank you again OP, and those who have contributed!

I got in on this deal a little late, but still picked up a total of 6 discs for a little over $11 total. Mine came in a soft bubble-type package, all still with the original factory seals. Good communication and confirmation from the seller that they were including the free discs. Thanks to the OP for sharing!

Side note for anyone hunting down more HD-DVDs. Yesterday I stopped into a blockbuster video that is closing down and wrapping up its liquidation sale. They had a basket of HD-DVDs for $1.99 each. These were used and not in the original cases, just disc-only in a generic slim cd case, but for 2 bucks a pop, it was hard to complain. They had multiple copies of about 10 or 12 titles. The clerk thought they had previously been from the Blockbuster online service, and were sent to the store to liquidate. I'm sure it's a huge YMMV, and as such, not worth its own thread, but if you're reading this thread, you're actually interested in HD-DVDs, so maybe it'll be of some interest to you. This store was in Livonia, MI, near 8 Mile and Farmington.

Shipping is a little brutal. I've got about 60 HD-DVDs with an ave price of $5 shipped, but that includes a few that were tough to track down, and boxsets. If the shipping was only $2/ea for an order of 6 or more, I could pull the trigger, but I've already got about 4 filler discs in the cart as it is.

Thanks for the post, nothing here for me this time.

[quote name='slidecage']a blockbuster here is closing up and selling over 700 of these for 99 cents each.. too bad cant find a player dirt cheap[/QUOTE]
I wonder how Blockbuster got a hold of those HD-DVDs since they only supported Blu-Ray and never carried HD-DVD AFAIK.

[quote name='TDAGARIM']I wonder how Blockbuster got a hold of those HD-DVDs since they only supported Blu-Ray and never carried HD-DVD AFAIK.[/QUOTE]

In store returns for BB online?

Amazon seller traderbora (that we all probably know quite well) has decent prices plus free shipping on orders over $25. I picked up 7 more titles I told myself I wouldn't buy for $26.49 shipped. $3.78/disc.

[quote name='berzirk']Shipping is a little brutal. I've got about 60 HD-DVDs with an ave price of $5 shipped, but that includes a few that were tough to track down, and boxsets. If the shipping was only $2/ea for an order of 6 or more, I could pull the trigger, but I've already got about 4 filler discs in the cart as it is.

Thanks for the post, nothing here for me this time.[/QUOTE]
I don't understand, 6 or more HD DVDs from this seller should only be 2.00 each shipped. It's a B1G1 free where you pay the full cost of a HD DVD (3.99 shipped) and then you get freebies added into the order with no cost at all added.

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']I don't understand, 6 or more HD DVDs from this seller should only be 2.00 each shipped. It's a B1G1 free where you pay the full cost of a HD DVD (3.99 shipped) and then you get freebies added into the order with no cost at all added.[/QUOTE]

Ahh, got it, I must have missed/skimmed over the "send them an email for B1G1". Their selection was still a bit limited, (I think they only had 1-2 of the 7 I got from traderbora) but you're right, if they do keep to their word and offer B1G1, this is a good deal.

bread's done
Back