HD-DVD Player and Movies -- Good deal or not?

dv8mad

CAGiversary!
Feedback
725 (100%)
I did a buy it now on an auction when the HD DVD announcement was made.
I already have the 360 add-on but, as you probably know the 360 is loud as all hell so I thought maybe I could get a stand alone player. I plan on disconnecting the add-on and keeping it for future usage whenever the stand alone craps out. I'm hoping to extend the life of my HD DVD collection to about 10 years or so.

I ended up snagging this HD-A2 player and 17 discs (including Planet Earth) for about $185 shipped.

Do you think it was a good deal or should I have waited a bit longer?
I'm really just looking for some moral support as I keep worrying that they will be even cheaper in the future and I'll feel like an idiot.:roll:

I think it was a dumb move by you- you should have put that money towards a PS3, which is an awesome console and a Blu-Ray player.

[quote name='Unickuta']I think it was a dumb move by you- you should have put that money towards a PS3, which is an awesome console and a Blu-Ray player.[/quote]

I think a dumb move would be buying a second PS3, but that's just me...:roll:

Should have waited, I expect a lot of people to dump their stuff thinking suddenly their discs are now garbage, should be some great deals . Still at face value you did pretty good

Wow! I think this deal just got much better for me!
The HD DVD prices haven't dropped quite as far as I was expecting yet and my parents also just notified me that there were 18 movies, not 17. I asked them to list the titles and it turns out it wasn't a movie, it's the new DVE disk!
I think at this point I'm pretty damn happy with this deal.

I like that deal. 5 of those movies were free to him though. If u like the movies it seems like a good deal. Planet Earth alone will set u back about 30-50 dollars.

bread's done
Back