HD DVD Player

allworld

CAGiversary!
Feedback
16 (100%)
I am selling my Toshiba HD-A2 HD DVD player. I bought a PS3 and am going to be using Blu Ray. I have 5 HD DVD movies on the way from Toshiba with the mail in rebate. They said the movies were being shipped this week. I am looking to get about $225 for it all. The player is about 3 months old and in great shape and retails for $299 new.

[quote name='mtxbass1']Is it this player with 5 movies?

http://www.amazon.com/Toshiba-HD-A2-HD-DVD-Player/dp/B000IJV4BC/[/quote]Yes that is the HD DVD player that I have. I paid $400 for it on 3/23/07. I believe the HD DVD's that I ordered were The Chronicles of Riddick, Constantine, Lara Croft: Tomb Raider, Blazing Saddles, and u-571. They should be arriving this week. I do not really like the idea of shipping it before getting paid.

Why not hold onto it? HD DVD is a great format with great content, a lot of which is not available on Blu Ray. Doesn't hurt to be a dual format owner so you can enjoy the best of both worlds.

[quote name='allworld']Yes that is the HD DVD player that I have. I paid $400 for it on 3/23/07. I believe the HD DVD's that I ordered were The Chronicles of Riddick, Constantine, Lara Croft: Tomb Raider, Blazing Saddles, and u-571. They should be arriving this week. I do not really like the idea of shipping it before getting paid.[/QUOTE]

Like it or not you have zero feedback here. ;)

[quote name='pimpinc333']Like it or not you have zero feedback here. ;)[/quote]Join Ebay with zero feedback and you do not have to ship first.

[quote name='allworld']Join Ebay with zero feedback and you do not have to ship first.[/QUOTE]

This is not eBay

[quote name='CaseyRyback']
[*]CAG Feedback is the most important safeguard against being scammed in a trade here at CAG. Each trader has their own policies, but in general the CAG with less feedback should send first in any trade. If you are a new (0 FB) trader EXPECT that you'll have to send your item first for your first several trades on this site. ONLY take CAG FB into account when determining if you should pay or send first to another trader. The vast majority of true problems that arise here (thankfully infrequently) occur when someone pays or sends first to a CAG with 0 or very low FB. If you have 0 FB yourself, get your feet wet with an experienced CAG trader. In the end, remember rule #1.[/QUOTE]

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=72504

This is your first trade on the site and it's with a high price item. Expect to send first here.

On a side note, I miss Shrike :cry:

[quote name='GizmoGC']Where is Shrike?

Oh, and OP, this can be had for $250 shipped from Amazon. Why buy from you?[/quote]

Shrikes still a member, but retired from being a mod

[quote name='dschroll']Actually, starting July 22, the Home Media Expo will have the HD-A2 along with 3 free HD DVDs for $99.

http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/dealzmodo-rumor/100-hd-dvd-player-with-3-free-movies-278541.php[/quote]

Thats not really fair, it says right on the page that it is a rumor. Last week everyone was getting ready for the 360 price drop and it didnt happen.

Also the last post in the above link says:

Nice offer, but for what I heard it seems you have to buy the ticket to the "Home Media Expo in Las Vegas" in order to have acess to the promotion, which cost you something between 100$ to 500$.
But overall if you get the cheap ticket (100$) plus 99$ for the recorder it adds up to 199$ wich is still a nice deal for a HD-DVD player and three movies.

Again its a rumor too but I think this actually makes the most sense of all. So if this is true then you need to be in Las Vegas AND you need to buy a ticket at a minimum of $135. I dont think your going to be able to walk into BB and buy this for $100 next week.

bread's done
Back