HD-DVD player

[quote name='lombarvm']I am looking for a good deal on an HD-DVD player (new or used). Can anyone help me out here?[/quote]

you have 360? if so, get the add-on for $40 at Frys.com. not the best, but cheapest!

[quote name='von551']you have 360? if so, get the add-on for $40 at Frys.com. not the best, but cheapest![/QUOTE]

You can also use this in XP/Vista, that is how I am currently using the player. You will need the Cyberlink DVD program though.

Thanks for the help guys. I have thought about the XBOX 360 drive, but I would want to watch the DVD's on my tv and I currently do not have an XBOX 360. A standalone unit would be preferable.

If you want a good one that is for HD-DVDs only I suggest the Toshiba XA2. It wont be cheap but if you are looking for a player that just plays HD and SD DVDs that from what I have read is the best. However if you want one that will play BD, HD and SD DVDs I suggest the LG Super Blu BH200. I use it and it works great. I had issues with it when I updated it however I sent it to LG and they fixed it and upgraded it to the current one. They also sent me mine back and not some refurbished one. I know this becuse I had my serial number wrote down. If you can get lucky you can find it for 399.99 new. However that is just what I would do. I'm sure you can find some of the lower models like the a32 for a low price. Also the 360 add on is nice and for 25-40 bucks is a good deal. However you said you dont have a 360 but you can get one for what 200 bucks now.

Anyway chances are your best bet is to look on ebay for a good deal. You may end up able to get the player and a good amount of HD DVDs. I have thought about doing that for the xa2 so I can have a back up HD player and some HD DVDs that people are trying to get rid of due to going to BD.

[quote name='Staind204']You can also use this in XP/Vista, that is how I am currently using the player. You will need the Cyberlink DVD program though.[/QUOTE]

Speaking of Cyberlink, I was late to the game in connecting my 360 HD Dvd Drive to my PC and I noticed that the newest (aka only version you can buy now) version dropped HD DVD support and now only plays Bluray. Does anyone know where to find an older version of Cyberlink or if there are other programs that can do the same thing? Not to take away from the original poster's question ... but it might be an issue for him too if he's expecting to use his HD dvd drive with a computer.

bread's done
Back