hd-dvds at bestbuy.com

mistertateam

CAGiversary!
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?_dyncharset=ISO-8859-1&id=pcat17071&type=page&ks=960&st=hd+dvd&sc=Global&cp=1&sp=%2Bcurrentprice+skuid&qp=crootcategoryid%23%23-1%23%23-1%7E%7Eq686420647664%7E%7Enccat02015%23%230%23%23bz&list=y&usc=All+Categories&nrp=15&iht=n\

Best Buy.com has lowered some HD-DVD prices yet again. Many of the prices are still terrible, but if you're looking for newer titles, even ones only available for pre-order, many of them are 20.99 a piece. Should be able to match some in-store, but as always YMMV.

Probably not cheap enough for most of us to bite, but I figured I'd share the info.

EDIT: I sorted them from lowest to highest price, so if you're looking for those newer titles like Beowulf or American Gangster, I think many of them start on page 9.

THe Contract 9.09
The Amateurs 12.99
Twister 17.49
Balls of Fury 19.99
Americam Gangster 20.99
Beowulf 20.99
Into The Wild 20.99
Things We Lost in the Fire 20.99
Elizabeth: the Golden Age 20.99
Eastern Promises 20.99
The Kingdom 20.99

Just listed a few of the newer and more desired titles imho.

[quote name='silentspork']Eastern Promises is a good movie, and for $21 that isn't too bad a deal considering its new. I think I might jump on that one[/quote]I have it sealed. I still haven't had a chance to watch it.

[quote name='twanky']Still not low enough.... wait it out guys.[/quote]
If you are thinking they gonna drop below 5 bucks, good luck. I think 10 bucks per disc is as low as it will get.

I was at Best Buy yesterday and noticed American Gangster and Beowulf HD-DVD's marked $20.99 on the shelf. So it seems as if these markdowns might be good in store as well. I'm certainly hoping so as I plan to try and snag Into the Wild tomorrow.

[quote name='y2julio']If you are thining they gonna drop below 5 bucks, good luck. I think 10 bucks per disc is as low as it will get.[/QUOTE]
I agree, I can't see them getting that much cheaper for the newer movies at least.

my friend that works at best buy said the head of the theater department didnt think they were going to be cutting prices all that much on HD DVDs because they can send them back to the distributors to get more money than by cutting prices

[quote name='JShack']my friend that works at best buy said the head of the theater department didnt think they were going to be cutting prices all that much on HD DVDs because they can send them back to the distributors to get more money than by cutting prices[/QUOTE]

Yeah, the current price drops are a direct result of the studios offering promotional rebates (for each HD DVD you sell during during time period z, we will give you X dollars back) to retailers to move stock vs. the retailers on their own deciding to clear out inventory...this is why the deals are similar among studio lines and not similar across a retailer's entire stock. After the rebates are over ( I think warners and universal are set up to run through mid march), prices will probably go back to their previous prices while retailers and distributors decide what the next step is....how much stock will B&M retailers carry in the near term or will most B&M retailers pull all the stock and be done with HD DVD.

I finally decided to hell with it and ordered Beowulf. It's really the last HD-DVD I want but haven't gotten or ordered yet. With this purchase I think my HD-DVD collection is pretty much finished.

I refuse to pay more than 15 bucks for my HD-DVDs now and that's pushing it. I can't wait until they are all 5 bucks :).

[quote name='Kryptinite']I refuse to pay more than 15 bucks for my HD-DVDs now and that's pushing it. I can't wait until they are all 5 bucks :).[/QUOTE]
I can't really see it going much lower than $10 per disc, at a certain point its more beneficial to send merchandise back to the supplier.

I'd love to take advantage of being wrong though!

[quote name='Kryptinite']I refuse to pay more than 15 bucks for my HD-DVDs now and that's pushing it. I can't wait until they are all 5 bucks :).[/quote]
good luck with those 5 bucks per HD DVD. As the poster below you said, they are better off sending it back rather than selling it at that price point.

[quote name='y2julio']everyone should pick up The Contract for this price point. it was a good movie.[/quote]

Are you sure it is good? HighDef Digest reviewer says Skip It. :whistle2:k

[quote name='y2julio']good luck with those 5 bucks per HD DVD. As the poster below you said, they are better off sending it back rather than selling it at that price point.[/quote]

That's true. I'm more than happy paying 15 or 10 bucks for movies.

[quote name='cagfansub']Are you sure it is good? HighDef Digest reviewer says Skip It. :whistle2:k[/QUOTE]

I was wondering the same thing. High Def Digest is my go-to source for Hi-Def reviews. Still they have gotten some of them wrong.

[quote name='cagfansub']Are you sure it is good? HighDef Digest reviewer says Skip It. :whistle2:k[/quote]
I never listen to the film reviews they give. They suck at reviewing that. They are good with the video quality reviews and all that but not when it comes to the movie itself. It's a decent movie and a HD copy for 10 bucks, it's not bad.

[quote name='Stryffe2004']I was wondering the same thing. High Def Digest is my go-to source for Hi-Def reviews. Still they have gotten some of them wrong.[/quote]

I've watched "The Contract" 4 times. I like it. But I like some things others don't too. I've wasted $9.00 on worse things thats for sure.

I saw signage (looked corporate-printed, placed in the plastic sleeves on the front of the shelves that normally hold price tags) indicating 30% off all HD DVDs today instore.

[quote name='dafunkk12']I saw signage (looked corporate-printed, placed in the plastic sleeves on the front of the shelves that normally hold price tags) indicating 30% all HD DVDs today instore.[/quote]

Me too. This is probably applicable to all Best Buys then. I think that's as cheap as we're going to get from them. You might be lucky and find stores willing to do buy so many titles get one or two free, but that's always YMMY.

I also saw some wrestling collector's sets and a big Shrek the Third set for 12.99 a piece. These are all standard DVD though.

[quote name='mistertateam']Me too. This is probably applicable to all Best Buys then. I think that's as cheap as we're going to get from them. You might be lucky and find stores willing to do buy so many titles get one or two free, but that's always YMMY.[/quote]

Damn, I wonder if this would work in conjunction with the new lower prices reflected on the website:pray:

Or are those new prices with the 30% figured in?:bomb:

If they are stacking look out...:whee:

[quote name='y2julio']If you are thinking they gonna drop below 5 bucks, good luck. I think 10 bucks per disc is as low as it will get.[/quote]

and by then it will be slim pickins

[quote name='manthing']Damn, I wonder if this would work in conjunction with the new lower prices reflected on the website:pray:

Or are those new prices with the 30% figured in?:bomb:

If they are stacking look out...:whee:[/QUOTE]

It appears the new prices on the website are the new prices, with the 30% figured in.

[quote name='kevzik']Im still waiting for the $5 price point...[/quote]
I hope you like watching fireplaces in HD because thats about all that will be left before prices drop to $5.

bread's done
Back