hd tv nob 32 inch CC olivia?

auralia

CAGiversary!
Feedback
12 (100%)
so that 32 in olivia is on sale at CC yet again at 600 bucks. Now i'm not really interested in the TV aspect of an HD LCD, I want it for gaming. So do i have to buy an hd tuner if i get this TV only for video games? are there better LCD HD out there for the money? 720 minimum of course, have 360 and wii no ps3 (w/ no intention of shelling out for one any time soon).

thanks.

[quote name='Cow_tipper']Can you get ATSC tuners seperately from a TV? If so, how much do they generally cost?[/QUOTE]

If you have a cable company they'll have HD boxes. Just ask for one of those. They'll stick it on your cable bill $5-$8 bucks a month

[quote name='Cow_tipper']Can you get ATSC tuners seperately from a TV? If so, how much do they generally cost?[/QUOTE]

If you want HDTV over the airwaves Best Buy has a tuner but it is $200.

[quote name='scsg75']you only need a tuner to watch television programing in HD.[/QUOTE]

You only need a tuner if you want to watch OTA HD TV programming. Most cable HDTV requires a cable box, if I'm not mistaken. Since, unlike NTSC tuners, HDTV tuners do ad to the price, I wouldn't bother with one - your cable or satellite provider will probably force you to get a box anyway.

[quote name='xboxowns']Wouldn't it be better to spend a little extra on a 37-inch Olevia at Frys.com for 650? Here's the link. It doesn't say whether it comes with a tuner or not, though.

http://shop1.outpost.com/product/5060095?site=sr:SEARCH:MAIN_RSLT_PG[/QUOTE]

No tuner in it. I just ordered one myself. Shipping was ~$22 to Tallahassee making it $669 shipped. The lack of a tuner really has no effect on me since I'll be getting another Comcast box anyway. I've heard nothing but great reviews on the Olevia units so I decided to pull the trigger.

I dunno if anyone actually answered the OP's question about the tuner, but no you don't need an external one, the Olevia that is on sale this week at CC has one built-in.

Als for the question of is it worth the price, that's totally a personal perference. As others have clearly pointed out there are certainly other options available for about the same price. The sale goes on all week, so my advice is take a few days, do some research and pricing at other places, then maybe if the Olevia you are considering now looks like the best deal still, then pull the trigger.

ummm the cc this week has the olevia 32inch w/ astc tuner built-in for $599. Use the $40 coupon to get it down to $560 + 10% coupon from ebay to get it down to $520+tax.

postaboy, you cant use two coupons; its called double dipping. i know it sucks.

i bout a Samsung 4051 model on sale for 1399 and i wanted to price match, use 10% off and get the free $100 gift card with purchase above 1000; they said i could only use one

bread's done
Back