Hd TV?

Megamibeast

CAGiversary!
Feedback
11 (100%)
I'm planing to purchase a new hd tv for the next-gen console but the only problem is that I don't know jack about the latest t.v. tech out there. I was hopeing some of you cag could help me out with some question I have. I would go to best buy and ask but I don't want to take the risk of being bs too.

Whats the difference between Hd TV and HD TV monitor?

If I buy a HD TV and bring it home will I start having Hd quality out of the box? No extra stuff needed?

Whats this 720p and 1080i I keep hearing about?

Any brand or make I should go after?

Any good deals out there right now?

Anything else I should know about?

Thanks in advice for any info or help you provide!

do a quick serach as there are a few posts out there on this.

HD Tv ready means that you will get HD Tv with say an Xbox, xbox 360, cube etc if you have the proper component or better hookups.

Also HD Ready means that if you are using an antenna on your house you will need a "set top box" to decode the HD broadcast and transmit the HD signal to your new tv.

When it comes to dish etc you would need to make sure you got the HD dish and you would be set.

So basically the HD Tv with tuners take care of any decoding (ie standard antenna broadcasts) for you without a set top box. it becomes pointless with game systems and DVd players as they decode it before transmitting it.

Personally I just picked up a CRt flatscreen and am excited to give it a test run in the next few weeks.

[quote name='Megamibeast']I'm planing to purchase a new hd tv for the next-gen console but the only problem is that I don't know jack about the latest t.v. tech out there. I was hopeing some of you cag could help me out with some question I have. I would go to best buy and ask but I don't want to take the risk of being bs too.

Whats the difference between Hd TV and HD TV monitor?

If I buy a HD TV and bring it home will I start having Hd quality out of the box? No extra stuff needed?

Whats this 720p and 1080i I keep hearing about?

Anything else I should know about?

[/QUOTE]

This should answer most of your questions: http://www.cnet.com/4520-7874_1-5102926-1.html?tag=fs

It helped me when I was looking for an HDTV

Any brand or make I should go after?

Sony and Panasonic seem to be considered the best if your looking at tube tvs. I don't really know enough about other kinds of tv like DLP or LCD so I can't really tell you what brands to look for in those.

Any good deals out there right now?

If you can find a tv you want open-box or on clearance at Best Buy you can use this coupon: http://www.bestbuy.com/site//olspag...KC4D3IVAGQ?id=pcmcat70500050005&type=category

And it just so happens that Best Buy currently has on clearance the very nice 30" Sony 30XS955 tv right now which after coupon would be about $760.

If your budget isn't quite that high, you can also check some local Targets for a 26" Samsung with a built in tuner thats been put on clearance there at around $350. Most are cleared out already, but it should be worth a look just the same.

I got the 26" samsung, awesome ^. Havent played hd games tho, will for 360.

And for buying one, how much are you willing to spend?

I have the 26" Samsung also, I've been extremely impressed with the picture quality on this set, and for an incredible price.

bread's done
Back