HDD Access time is through the roof...

Tsundere

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
So, my problem is all my userdata is on WD Blue drive, since my primary is an SSD.

Access time varies from 1~5 seconds, I feel as if its going out of sleep or something half the time. All Internal, All Sata III... this also occurs with both the other HDDs in my system a Hitachi TB and WD Blue TB, the Hitachi has been hit with sector failures but it hasnt gotten worse for 2 years..... the WD...nothing bad. I also just recieved a 1.5TB SG Drive...and this also Happens with my 3TB SG Drive :( is it just normal HDD Access time and im going insane?>...

How are you measuring the access time? Just guessing? And what do you mean by "userdata"?

Bunch of stuff you can do to speed up all of your drives, if they're not failing. Most sectors are easily fixed and don't severely impact hard drive performance once repaired. HDDs have extra sectors reserved to take the place of bad ones.

What operating system are you on?

[quote name='red flare graf']Interesting, good to know.. Would this effect other drives?[/QUOTE]

depends on the drives... head parking is quite common in the last several years on low end hdd

you wouldn't notice it on an OS drive because it never parks as its always being used. But the OP is using an SSD now so it becomes more apparent. Especially since it was noted that all the user data is on the non OS drive now.

bread's done
Back