HDMI Cable On the Cheap? [Check out Monoprice sticky above]

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='amagon81']I picked up an HDMI cable at Sam's Club for $19.99. Looked good to me.[/quote]The ones I've seen at Sam's Club and Costco tend to be decent cables for not that horrible a price for a B&M store.

For the best bang-for-the-buck on cable prices, Monoprice.com is a great place to go.

Chalk up another monoprice. The only thing better is theoretically a rare Amazon sale (EDIT: almost like the one above) where they have cables for like $1 with shipping costs that might come in cheaper than monoprice.

I still prefer monoprice. I've bought a lot of HDMI cables from them and the build is excellent. Nice and beefy, all their stuff comes with endcaps as a courtesy. You can get even bigger deals by picking cables in the colors nobody likes, like green or yellow.

[quote name='DAWG26']I bought a 3 ft HDMI cable for $1.90 at Monoprice on Friday. Shipping is about $2.15[/quote]

heh I did too, was it the orange one?

after doing a little research monoprice kept coming up, so there.

[quote name='volt1up']heh I did too, was it the orange one?

after doing a little research monoprice kept coming up, so there.[/quote]

Yep, thats the one. Ordered on Fri. and delivered on Mon. You just cant beat that!

[quote name='zephyrseija']http://www.amazon.com/Premium-Gold-...1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1230683865&sr=8-1

$4.42 plus shipping.[/quote]

Yup, way better than MonoPrice, in terms of price.
Quality is on par with MonoPrice, I've used the Amazon one. Still am, in fact, for my xbox360.

Let's not all reply with the generic "Monoprice is t3h best /end thread, ure stupid wasting our time. monoprice is king ure must be a noob"
Don't be pretentious, especially when Monoprice isnt currently the cheapest deal. Keyword for his topic is CHEAP, so point him to what's CHEAPER.

Despite what nutsack says...monoprice. Bought a few from there and always cheap with fast shipping.

Best retail B&M price I've seen is at Fry's if you happen to have one near you, they've had 6 footers on sale for around $5 now and then.

[quote name='McNutsack']Yup, way better than MonoPrice, in terms of price.
Quality is on par with MonoPrice, I've used the Amazon one. Still am, in fact, for my xbox360.

Let's not all reply with the generic "Monoprice is t3h best /end thread, ure stupid wasting our time. monoprice is king ure must be a noob"
Don't be pretentious, especially when Monoprice isnt currently the cheapest deal. Keyword for his topic is CHEAP, so point him to what's CHEAPER.[/quote]

It depends on his needs,if he dosent need 6ft. monoprice is cheaper, so stop acting like a dick.

i'm actually looking for a couple of HDMI cables myself. Normally I order them from monoprice. But I checked out the site a couple of days ago and the prices have gone up a bit. After shipping + tax, it costs more than the ones at my local Frys. So this time I'm going to get both at frys.

[quote name='shrike4242']The ones I've seen at Sam's Club and Costco tend to be decent cables for not that horrible a price for a B&M store.[/quote]
While I think you mean it's surprising that they are in the $20 range for B&M (when Best Buy has monster cables in the $100's), I just wanted to say that the onese at B&M's are still waaaay too much money. HDMI is either all or nothing, as I understand it, so either you get a good, working cable, or you don't. Paying $5 or $20 or $400, it's the same, just perhaps a little 'beefier'. So, I would always just go with the cheapest price.

I know you agreed with monoprice, I just thought this would be helpful for those that didn't know.

And I'd say get 6ft whether you think you need it or not. I bought a temporary 3ft cable at walmart while I waited for a monoprice one and it was very, very short. I then went for a 15ft at monoprice (which is very, very long, it was just so cheap I went overboard. Regret it and wish I had just gotten a 6ft.)

Well, yes, the ones from Amazon will be a few bucks cheaper than these $4.74 ones from Monoprice, when you account for shipping.

But the fact is, I trust Monoprice a lot more than I trust...SF Planet, or some other Amazon seller. Plus if you're getting 2 or more HDMI cables, it might be cheaper to get them from Monoprice; I don't know how the Amazon seller does shipping.

We sell the Phillips HDMI Cables at Lowes, and people actually buy them. I'm quite surprised considering they cost 28.99 for 3 ft

[quote name='GrilledWitOnions']While I think you mean it's surprising that they are in the $20 range for B&M (when Best Buy has monster cables in the $100's), I just wanted to say that the onese at B&M's are still waaaay too much money. HDMI is either all or nothing, as I understand it, so either you get a good, working cable, or you don't. Paying $5 or $20 or $400, it's the same, just perhaps a little 'beefier'. So, I would always just go with the cheapest price.

I know you agreed with monoprice, I just thought this would be helpful for those that didn't know.

And I'd say get 6ft whether you think you need it or not. I bought a temporary 3ft cable at walmart while I waited for a monoprice one and it was very, very short. I then went for a 15ft at monoprice (which is very, very long, it was just so cheap I went overboard. Regret it and wish I had just gotten a 6ft.)[/quote]If I had to run out and get a cable for a need that day, then yes, that's a bearable price, as well as from a place I know I won't have an issue with after the return period. Plus, it's a brand that I can deal with if there's an issue long-term. I could also recommend someone that doesn't do Internet shopping to go there to get one and not have a bad conscience over it.

Compared to the anal probing you get at a BB or CC on a cable, yes, it's a steal. Compared to monoprice.com, not so much. Which is why I ordered a few extras on my last order, so I'm covered.

monoprice.com makes great quality cables
i ordered 3x 10ft 1.3 ferret gold cables for $22 shipped overnight

Also I say an Official Microsoft HDMI Kit for $20 used at Gamestop today

Any time I need an HDMI cable, I go to my local Comcast office and tell them I just got a new TV and need an HDMI cable for my box and they hand one over, at no charge. I've done this three times.

[quote name='kndy']Try www.accessories4less.com, they have HDMI's for $14.99 (not inc. shipping) or go to your local Fry's or Wal-Mart.[/quote]
So by accessories4less, they mean... less than monster cables I guess? $15 for an HDMI is outrageous IMO, it's the same as going to B&M. I can't believe anyone here is saying anything besides monoprice, or one of their like-priced competitors (I've heard bluejeanscables is good).

So, according to you guys, which one should I get?

This Amazon Cable

or

This Monoprice Cable

I need to order 2 within the next 2 days. I can't stand using regular AV cables on my PS3. I think I should thank Sony for not even including Component HD Cables... really. I'm using Component Cables on my 360, but just got a new one that actually has an HDMI port so I think it's time for an upgrade. The cables would cost about $15 on Amazon and about $13 on Monoprice. Not really worried about the $2 difference as I am the quality.

[quote name='DarkRider23']So, according to you guys, which one should I get?

This Amazon Cable

or

This Monoprice Cable

I need to order 2 within the next 2 days. I can't stand using regular AV cables on my PS3. I think I should thank Sony for not even including Component HD Cables... really. I'm using Component Cables on my 360, but just got a new one that actually has an HDMI port so I think it's time for an upgrade. The cables would cost about $15 on Amazon and about $13 on Monoprice. Not really worried about the $2 difference as I am the quality.[/QUOTE]

Hard to tell. I personally like the Monoprice cables. I had ordered some from MacMall and they're not quite as "beefy" as the Monoprice ones at the same price. Since you can't see the cord of the Amazon one, I'd go with the Monoprice ones.

On the flip side, it looks like you can get 2 HDMI and one toslink (optical) cords for $7.41 which is a really good deal for all 3 cables from the Amazon link.

@DarkRider23 - I would not go for that ferrite core HDMI cable. The cores make the wire too heavy and their purpose is useless for 99% of the people who buy them. I bought that same cable from Monoprice.com so I know.

[quote name='silent h3ro']@DarkRider23 - I would not go for that ferrite core HDMI cable. The cores make the wire too heavy and their purpose is useless for 99% of the people who buy them. I bought that same cable from Monoprice.com so I know.[/quote]
The cable I bought has ferrite cores and it doesn't seem that heavy. Maybe I've not known how light a hdmi cable can be :D But, it's not like it ever comes loose or disconnected, so I personally don't see the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back