HDMI Cable Questions

theblizzman

CAGiversary!
I am about to purchase a Sony Bravia LCD HDTV (or the JVC 40" one at BB for 1400) and a PS3. Does anyone know of a reliable cheap place to buy two sets of cables? I assume I will need two sets (one from my Direct TV to TV and one from my PS3) of Male to Male HMDI cables. I was looking on e-bay and I see HDMI cables selling for about $10 shipped. I thought these were about $100 per set. Has anyone purchased any HDMI cables off of E-bay? Is there a reliable dealer on e-bay that someone here has used? Also what is the difference between 18 pin and 19 pin? Is there a compatability issue with the PS3 on any of these? Sorry for soo many questions, I just need some advice and CAG has not steered me wrong.

BOOM

Cables don't cost money. 1000% markups do.

Signal degradation isn't an issue with digital cables, you can probably go with any of the 28AWGs that are long enough, and monoprice is reliable and beloved here at CAG.

Also, repost, etc. No harm done.

[quote name='theblizzman']I am about to purchase a Sony Bravia LCD HDTV (or the JVC 40" one at BB for 1400) and a PS3. Does anyone know of a reliable cheap place to buy two sets of cables? I assume I will need two sets (one from my Direct TV to TV and one from my PS3) of Male to Male HMDI cables. I was looking on e-bay and I see HDMI cables selling for about $10 shipped. I thought these were about $100 per set. Has anyone purchased any HDMI cables off of E-bay? Is there a reliable dealer on e-bay that someone here has used? Also what is the difference between 18 pin and 19 pin? Is there a compatability issue with the PS3 on any of these? Sorry for soo many questions, I just need some advice and CAG has not steered me wrong.[/quote]

I got me a 6Ft HDMI cable for my PS3 from Firefold.com for $6+$3 S/H, It works perfect. Very good quality made good gauge size and gold plated contacts. Im' not sure about 18 vs 19 pin cables but just be sure to remember that HDMI is digital and is not prone to interference. Digital signals work or they don't, there is no in between, don't go spending $100 on name brand.

bread's done
Back