HDMI cables $0.15 + 3$ S&H from 3rd prty Amazon

[quote name='Pato7']I guess some people must have brand name hdmi cables. :shame:

Armani HDMI it's so stylish that all the starved models are using it:cool:
MSRP = same as launch PS3 price;)[/QUOTE]
Armani Exchange HDMI?

ILL TAKE TWENTY!!!

[quote name='Darknuke']

It's because HDMI Cables are EXTREMELY overpriced... Why in the hell would you pay $20 for a cable that costs the company like 5 cents to make in a factory in China? It's retarded and that's why we get them for $3 on Amazon.[/QUOTE]

Which is why we're saying buy from Monoprice. They're $7 for a 12 foot cable and they're guaranteed high quality. There's so many resellers on Amazon selling $0.15 cables that you can't be guaranteed you're gonna get a quality product everytime. Of course if you'd actually been reading the thread you'd realize that.

I dont get why people compare Monoprice vs Amazon here.

i have heard that Monprice, its CAG's most trusted website when it came to cables, hdmi especially. However, Amazon is promising 1.3b "1080p" hdmi cables on that link. Technically, they are not generic or cheap made cables. Sure they may be 6feet and you can get a 12feet at monoprice for 1 or 2 dollar more or whatever.
But, since when is a Lenghty cable better? i bought a 12 feet hdmi for 7 or 9 bucks and i have it "wrapped" because my cable box is below my hdtv.
So how is 12 feet benefiting me?
i bought that 6feet hdmi from the same link a few weeks ago and put it on my ps3. i dont have to wrap the thing around cause 6 feet is the magic number on distance between my ps3 and my hdtv.
i guess it depends on the person. i am not sure where you people keep your hdmi electronics, 12 feet away or even 20 feet away from your hdtv..really is your decision there.

Both websites are to be trusted, frankly.

I'm mad that it's so hard to find a 4 foot hdmi cable for cheap. That would be perfect for my setup.

edit: actually monoprice has one for $3.68 + ~$3 shipping, so at least $7 for 1 cable with ferrite cores, but OOS. I swear I didn't see that one listed before.

Last edited by a moderator:
They seem to have great reviews so they could probably be trusted. I have had my three monoprice ones for about 3 years and have had no issues what so ever.

[quote name='The 7th Number']Seems like a great deal, but is HDMI that much better than Component cables? I already have some Component cables for PS3.[/QUOTE]

No, especially if you're using PS3 for the Blu-ray player. Sony capped Blu-ray at 1080/24, instead of allowing the full HD signal to broadcast.

Waste of HDMI if you ask me.

[quote name='cRodz']I dont get why people compare Monoprice vs Amazon here.

i have heard that Monprice, its CAG's most trusted website when it came to cables, hdmi especially. However, Amazon is promising 1.3b "1080p" hdmi cables on that link. Technically, they are not generic or cheap made cables. Sure they may be 6feet and you can get a 12feet at monoprice for 1 or 2 dollar more or whatever.
But, since when is a Lenghty cable better? i bought a 12 feet hdmi for 7 or 9 bucks and i have it "wrapped" because my cable box is below my hdtv.
i bought that 6feet hdmi from the same link a few weeks ago and put it on my ps3. i dont have to wrap the thing around cause 6 feet is the magic number on distance between my ps3 and my hdtv.
i guess it depends on the person. i am not sure where you people keep your hdmi electronics, 12 feet away or even 20 feet away from your hdtv..really is your decision there.

Both websites are to be trusted, frankly.[/QUOTE]

The point was never that you can get a longer cable for cheap. I was simply pointing out the cost of a 12 foot cable because saying "$7 HDMI cable" isn't descriptive enough since different lengths of cables cost different amount of money. You want a six foot cable? $4 at Monoprice

The point I'm making is their is one Monoprice and dozens of Amazon resellers. Telling someone to buy their cables at Amazon is a crapshoot. Sure they buy a cheap cable from a seller that delivers good merch. Or they may drop $5 on a piece of shit. Alternatively if you just buy from Monoprice for pretty much the same cost you're guaranteed a quality cable with fast shipping and, should something go wrong, an excellent return policy.

Why gamble on a crapshoot when there's a sure thing for the same price?

O and for the record if you take Amazon descriptions at their word for cheap Chinese reseller cables than you're definitely gonna get screwed one day. They can advertise whatever the hell they like, who the hell is going to diagnose the cable to insure it's up to the 1.3 spec and call em out on it if it's not?

[quote name='meesterjojo']No, especially if you're using PS3 for the Blu-ray player. Sony capped Blu-ray at 1080/24, instead of allowing the full HD signal to broadcast.

Waste of HDMI if you ask me.[/QUOTE]

What you just said makes my head hurt and demonstrates your complete ignorance as the workings of the PS3, digital video signals, and film.

Sony didn't cap anything. On the PS3 there is an option to enable 1080p/24fps for TVs that accept 24hz signals. This is an OPTION, as in it can be turned off. It's there because people with 120hz displays can enable this to eliminate the need for motion interpolation. Film is 24fps material, 120hz is a multiple of 24, by enabling 1080p/24 the original signal is maintained at 24fps and every frame is held for 5/120th of a second as opposed to interpolating the source into 30fps and holding every frame for 4/120th of a second which can cause jutter.

I know this is the internet but please do some research about what you're talking about before spouting off about things you clearly don't understand.

[quote name='cRodz']I dont get why people compare Monoprice vs Amazon here.

Both websites are to be trusted, frankly.[/QUOTE]

You are so incredibly stupid, I simply cannot believe it. People like you should just drop dead. Amazon does not make nor sell these cables. They come from many different unknown vendors. There are 130 negative reviews saying these are not category 2, they are not HDMI 1.3 certified, and that they are flimsy, cheaply made, do not work, and have terrible picture quality. Monoprice makes and sells 3ft, 4ft, 6ft, 8ft, 10ft in several different pricing tiers in any imaginable way you see fit to order. Please just stop breathing.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think monoprice also imports some cables from China, so I think some of their lower priced cables will basically be the same as these from amazon sellers.

And why are some of you guys getting so worked up about cables and people spending $3 whole dollars on a cable that might be bad. They're just cables!! $3 lost is no big deal, and a good value if it does work. :)

[quote name='gordojones88']You are so incredibly stupid, I simply cannot believe it. People like you should just drop dead. Amazon does not make nor sell these cables. They come from many different unknown vendors. There are 130 negative reviews saying these are not category 2, they are not HDMI 1.3 certified, and that they are flimsy, cheaply made, do not work, and have terrible picture quality. Monoprice makes and sells 3ft, 4ft, 6ft, 8ft, 10ft in several different pricing tiers in any imaginable way you see fit to order. Please just stop breathing.[/QUOTE]

Name calling on an internet message board, classy.

[quote name='scottman']And why are some of you guys getting so worked up about cables and people spending $3 whole dollars on a cable that might be bad.[/QUOTE]

Because there are a lot of very stupid ignorant people who post stupid ignorant statements about which they know nothing about, and people looking for knowledgeable experienced help and guidance read it and believe it without a second thought.

[quote name='dealighted']Dude wth is the difference? I mean what make a cable a good cable? Shouldn't all of them function just the same?[/QUOTE]

Well now it does depend on some. The ones you screw into the back of a tv for cable does matter (to me). I can't stand those ones with the wire that twists along with the nob thing (I am so bad at this whole name thing right now).

But yes there can be bad and good cables. Some cables may have finicky connections (or known to not work.... ever). Yes they all function the same way, but some companies may not take the time to actually make the cable work properly (bad connections, quits working after a week).

[quote name='scottman']Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think monoprice also imports some cables from China, so I think some of their lower priced cables will basically be the same as these from amazon sellers.

And why are some of you guys getting so worked up about cables and people spending $3 whole dollars on a cable that might be bad. They're just cables!! $3 lost is no big deal, and a good value if it does work. :)[/QUOTE]

Monoprice doesn't import, they own their factory in China and make their own cables. The issue isn't the cable's being cheap Chinese cable. Hell even Monster makes their cables in China. To say the low priced Monoprice cables are probably the same as all the Amazon reseller cables because they're all made in China is devoid of all logic.

And if I'm getting worked up it's because I'm making valid points and trying to educate whilst people with zero knowledge of what they're talking about are spouting off contradictory nonsense.

I purchased all of my HDMI cables from this vendor, since they're in Minnesta and they ship very fast. I had no problems with them or the cables the 2 years I've owned. Highly recommended.

edit: Actually, the vendor I purchased from was SF Planet.

[quote name='PvtChurch']The point was never that you can get a longer cable for cheap. I was simply pointing out the cost of a 12 foot cable because saying "$7 HDMI cable" isn't descriptive enough since different lengths of cables cost different amount of money. You want a six foot cable? $4 at Monoprice

The point I'm making is their is one Monoprice and dozens of Amazon resellers. Telling someone to buy their cables at Amazon is a crapshoot. Sure they buy a cheap cable from a seller that delivers good merch. Or they may drop $5 on a piece of shit. Alternatively if you just buy from Monoprice for pretty much the same cost you're guaranteed a quality cable with fast shipping and, should something go wrong, an excellent return policy.

Why gamble on a crapshoot when there's a sure thing for the same price?

O and for the record if you take Amazon descriptions at their word for cheap Chinese reseller cables than you're definitely gonna get screwed one day. They can advertise whatever the hell they like, who the hell is going to diagnose the cable to insure it's up to the 1.3 spec and call em out on it if it's not?[/QUOTE]
oh i see where you are going with website reliability. if something goes wrong with a cable, monoprice steps up and takes care of the problem...

I still think Amazon is pretty reliable. if you buy from Amazon themselves, then yes and if you buy from Third party sellers, then maybe not.
I remember ordering this 7 dollar book from this jersey.something fellow. He wasnt a company selling, he was a regular Joe trying to "sell" stuff from Amazon as a third party. The book never came and i had to give Amazon an email. I dont think Amazon never responded me but what they did, was give me a refund and sent me an email stating the refund. There were several people complaining on that jersey.something seller amazon website, apparently, people order from him and no one EVER received their items. Amazon cant really keep track of these scumbags but they will investigate the case and give you a refund. On a side note, it was my first time i have ever had a problem with third party sellers. i should have gone to their seller website and read their feedback but i didnt. i guess i "definitely gonna get screwed" that day
Yeah i agree with the descriptions. Some items are described to the fullest while others are just described poorly. Someone new to Amazon will be immediately turned off by the website because of the lack of information of their item. Who in their right mind will buy a poor descriptive item?

Also the HDMI's being offered are from Abacus and eForcity.
eForcity has a better "description" then the one from the Amazon website.
http://www.eforcity.com/260680.html?int=efsechtxtrigos-item

i received that item a few days ago. the same one you see in the pic and since it is the same on the pic, i believe i received the same item with all those descripions. a 1.3b HDMI, according to that website except that i paid 4 dollars instead of 7.

You can never go wrong with Monoprice. But i like to trust Amazon as well.

[quote name='gordojones88']Because there are a lot of very stupid ignorant people who post stupid ignorant statements about which they know nothing about, and people looking for knowledgeable experienced help and guidance read it and believe it without a second thought.[/QUOTE]
:booty:

Guys, I like monoprice as much as the next person and have bought several HDMI cables from them, but really the commercials for them and insistence that you must buy from them or are an idiot in EVERY HDMI thread gets a little ridiculous and overblown especially when you're talking about a few dollars for cables whether they're bought through this vendor or monoprice. I think we all get it.

[quote name='cRodz']oh i see where you are going with website reliability. if something goes wrong with a cable, monoprice steps up and takes care of the problem...

I still think Amazon is pretty reliable. if you buy from Amazon themselves, then yes and if you buy from Third party sellers, then maybe not.
I remember ordering this 7 dollar book from this jersey.something fellow. He wasnt a company selling, he was a regular Joe trying to "sell" stuff from Amazon as a third party. The book never came and i had to give Amazon an email. I dont think Amazon never responded me but what they did, was give me a refund and sent me an email stating the refund. There were several people complaining on that jersey.something seller amazon website, apparently, people order from him and no one EVER received their items. Amazon cant really keep track of these scumbags but they will investigate the case and give you a refund. On a side note, it was my first time i have ever had a problem with third party sellers. i should have gone to their seller website and read their feedback but i didnt. i guess i "definitely gonna get screwed" that day
Yeah i agree with the descriptions. Some items are described to the fullest while others are just described poorly. Someone new to Amazon will be immediately turned off by the website because of the lack of information of their item. Who in their right mind will buy a poor descriptive item?

Also the HDMI's being offered are from Abacus and eForcity.
eForcity has a better "description" then the one from the Amazon website.
http://www.eforcity.com/260680.html?int=efsechtxtrigos-item

i received that item a few days ago. the same one you see in the pic and since it is the same on the pic, i believe i received the same item with all those descripions. a 1.3b HDMI, according to that website except that i paid 4 dollars instead of 7.

You can never go wrong with Monoprice. But i like to trust Amazon as well.[/QUOTE]

Well it's nice we're on the same page. I guess for me I just prefer going through Monoprice because I know that extra $3 insures I'm getting a quality product from a well known and reputable company. It's also insuring I'm getting an excellent warranty should I get a lemon.

I've purchased stuff from eForcity in the past. They're a pretty reputable site. But if you're recommending people buy cheap cables through Amazon you have to specify the specific seller that's known to have a quality product. Some here have done that, others haven't.

[quote name='lawdood']Guys, I like monoprice as much as the next person and have bought several HDMI cables from them, but really the commercials for them and insistence that you must buy from them or are an idiot in EVERY HDMI thread gets a little ridiculous and overblown especially when you're talking about a few dollars for cables whether they're bought through this vendor or monoprice. I think we all get it.[/QUOTE]

The reasons why it makes the most sense to buy through Monoprice as opposed to random Amazon resellers has been covered ad nauseum in this thread. Your response offered no counterpoints to any the reasons stated thus far.

I bought that exact cable a few months ago for my PS3 when it was like 30 cents, and it has worked perfectly with my 1080p Samsung HDTV. There really is no reason not to get them at such a low price. Even if they don't work for whatever reason, you're only out a couple bucks (with shipping factored in).

[quote name='PvtChurch']The reasons why it makes the most sense to buy through Monoprice as opposed to random Amazon resellers has been covered ad nauseum in this thread. Your response offered no counterpoints to any the reasons stated thus far.[/QUOTE]

Let me reiterate, we get it, one post from you would have been sufficient to make your point.

I own a 1080i tv and was wondering if 1080p cables would work ok with it? I was curious if the quality would be worse than if I had a 1080i cable.

[quote name='lawdood']Let me reiterate, we get it, one post from you would have been sufficient to make your point.[/QUOTE]

Clearly not since people are still questioning it.

Also, consider I'm bored and busy cranking out a final project that's due tomorrow for a six credit class. Occasionally I get imbue some knowledge on the world and feed my narcissistic ego. I also find this whole thread remarkably entertaining.

[quote name='Moltres423']I own a 1080i tv and was wondering if 1080p cables would work ok with it? I was curious if the quality would be worse than if I had a 1080i cable.[/QUOTE]

Unless your TV is CRT there is not such thing a 1080i TV. It's 720p or 1080p. And there's no such thing as a 1080p cable either. All component and HDMI cables are capable of carrying signals up to 1080p. There isn't some kind of locked in resolution on cables.

[quote name='PvtChurch']Unless your TV is CRT there is not such thing a 1080i TV. It's 720p or 1080p. And there's no such thing as a 1080p cable either. All component and HDMI cables are capable of carrying signals up to 1080p. There isn't some kind of locked in resolution on cables.[/QUOTE]

since you seem knowledgeable on the subject, is there any difference with a 24 AWG vs a 28 AWG hdmi cable?
i'm considering http://www.monoprice.com/products/p...=10243&cs_id=1024004&p_id=3661&seq=1&format=2
or the 28 AWG one you posted on an earlier post... does it matter which one?
thanks

[quote name='gokou1628']since you seem knowledgeable on the subject, is there any difference with a 24 AWG vs a 28 AWG hdmi cable?
i'm considering http://www.monoprice.com/products/p...=10243&cs_id=1024004&p_id=3661&seq=1&format=2
or the 28 AWG one you posted on an earlier post... does it matter which one?
thanks[/QUOTE]

No, higher wire gauges become necessary the longer your cable run is to prevent signal dropoff. For a 6 foot run a 28AWG cable will be more than sufficient.

If I had an HDtv, I'd definitely go to Monoprice to pick up a cable. I worked at CircuitCity and I can't tell you how many people would STILL buy a frickin' 3 foot Monster cable at $120 because MONSTER. I'd tell damn near everyone who came in to try Monoprice and they refused cause they assumed they were crap cables.

$1000 TV, $300 PS3, $300 360, $80-$150 for a 3 foot cable...on of these does not make sense.

For those who choose to stick to "brand name", CC store cost on nearly every Monster was maybe $8. Give that a thought.

[quote name='PvtChurch']Which is why we're saying buy from Monoprice. They're $7 for a 12 foot cable and they're guaranteed high quality. There's so many resellers on Amazon selling $0.15 cables that you can't be guaranteed you're gonna get a quality product everytime. Of course if you'd actually been reading the thread you'd realize that.[/QUOTE]

To be fair, based on all the reviews the cables sand the seller are solid.

[quote name='PvtChurch']I missed this before. Honestly the average person is not going to see a difference. HDMI is capable of carrying an RGB color signal as opposed to components Y/Cb/Cr signal. Theoretically that will improve color fidelity in videogames as 360/PS3 games render in the RGB colorspace. That being said I honestly doubt you'd notice a huge difference. In movies it won't matter since even the highest quality Blu-Ray titles currently utilize the Y/Cb/Cr color space.

Conversely as far as resolution is concerned it makes no difference which cable you are using for videogames. Component will carry up to a 1080p signal for videogames just fine. Movie on the other hand will not output higher than 1080i via component cables because of HDCP restrictions. You also can't upscale DVDs over component.

Finally we come to audio. Assuming you have surround sound you are likely utilizing TOSLINK (optical) cables for your audio. These are capable of carrying Dolby Digital and DTS 5.1 audio signals just fine. They can also carry a PCM (AKA uncompressed audio) stereo signal. The advantage HDMI has in the audio department is that it can carry a 7.1 PCM audio track so you can use lossless surround sound codecs such as DTS-MA and Dolby TruHD. If you don't have a receiver that can decode lossless audio tracks than HDMI is worthless to you. If you do then you'd be a fool for using optical.

Ultimately though here's the thing: A 12 foot HDMI 1.3b cable can be purchased for under $10 on Monoprice. If there's any doubt you're not getting the best quality video from component, then you may as well drop the Hamilton on an HDMI cable.[/QUOTE]
Spoken like a cag that spends some time on avsforum.com For those that have a surround sound receiver that upconverts HDMI is an advantage as well. These other cags that are looking for surround sound need to read up and learn the pluses. Nothing better than being able to hook up an old console to your receiver via rca and only have that one hdmi going to the tv from the receiver. avsforum for those that want to learn about this type of stuff.
[quote name='swissx1']I order 3 and it totaled 9.39. Think it suck they can give free shipping after the second item. What do u guys think.[/QUOTE]
Just go to monoprice dude. The best prices. Need a wii wheel, get it there. Need a replacement power cord for your wii? Try and find one for less than the $11.xx shipped from monoprice.

Yes, it is a battlefield in this thread!

[quote name='rmb']Spoken like a cag that spends some time on avsforum.com For those that have a surround sound receiver that upconverts HDMI is an advantage as well. These other cags that are looking for surround sound need to read up and learn the pluses. Nothing better than being able to hook up an old console to your receiver via rca and only have that one hdmi going to the tv from the receiver. avsforum for those that want to learn about this type of stuff.

Just go to monoprice dude. The best prices. Need a wii wheel, get it there. Need a replacement power cord for your wii? Try and find one for less than the $11.xx shipped from monoprice.

Yes, it is a battlefield in this thread![/QUOTE]

Haha, indeed. Been frequenting AVS since I was a junior in high school (I'm a junior in college now for reference). It's a treasure trove of info for anyone the slightest bit interested in AV equipment and home to some of the most frivolous arguments I've ever had on the internet :D

I've seen 3 cables for 6 dollars with free shipping on Slickdeals. Only tax on them was if you lived in CA.

Got 6 cables for 12 bucks :cool:

[quote name='PvtChurch']I missed this before. Honestly the average person is not going to see a difference. HDMI is capable of carrying an RGB color signal as opposed to components Y/Cb/Cr signal. Theoretically that will improve color fidelity in videogames as 360/PS3 games render in the RGB colorspace. That being said I honestly doubt you'd notice a huge difference. In movies it won't matter since even the highest quality Blu-Ray titles currently utilize the Y/Cb/Cr color space.

Conversely as far as resolution is concerned it makes no difference which cable you are using for videogames. Component will carry up to a 1080p signal for videogames just fine. Movie on the other hand will not output higher than 1080i via component cables because of HDCP restrictions. You also can't upscale DVDs over component.

Finally we come to audio. Assuming you have surround sound you are likely utilizing TOSLINK (optical) cables for your audio. These are capable of carrying Dolby Digital and DTS 5.1 audio signals just fine. They can also carry a PCM (AKA uncompressed audio) stereo signal. The advantage HDMI has in the audio department is that it can carry a 7.1 PCM audio track so you can use lossless surround sound codecs such as DTS-MA and Dolby TruHD. If you don't have a receiver that can decode lossless audio tracks than HDMI is worthless to you. If you do then you'd be a fool for using optical.

Ultimately though here's the thing: A 12 foot HDMI 1.3b cable can be purchased for under $10 on Monoprice. If there's any doubt you're not getting the best quality video from component, then you may as well drop the Hamilton on an HDMI cable.[/QUOTE]

There are many displays that will not display 1080p over component.

Also, hdmi, does more than PCM, it will bitsteam which is my method of choice for HD audio.

BTW, there is nothing wrong with these cables. If they're 1.3b certified cables, they have to pass certain requirements in bandwidth. If they're certified cables, they will work. Monoprice is good, but if these amazon cables are cheaper, than you might as well get these.

BTW, you do need to worry about quality cables once you start getting into the long distance runs. I have a 50ft hdmi cable from monoprice ( I have a projector). It didn't work without a signal booster.

I got mine two days ago and tried them out a bunch on my ps3... They give me a short boom of static when I go to turn on the system, and when I go from the main menu and select a game. It lasts only a couple of seconds, and only appear when the screen is forced to go black while it loads something and never happens while I'm playing a game or watching a movie.

Oh and to the jackass who said I didn't own a 1080i tv- I tried making the ps3 display in 1080p but I lost my picture. It came back when I switched it to 1080i =/ .

Pretty good price deal overalll- I'd get another if my tv had more than one hdmi port... anyone know what would be a good purchase to circumvent this?

edit: nevermind... I just bought up this same cable a couple days ago and didn't realize the link reflected the new lower price

For those electronically savvy shoppers out there, what's the difference between an HDMI cable and an Xbox 360 component cable with the switch for HDTV? Is HDMI significantly better?

Thanks and have a nice day.

Moltres, look at Meritline. I just bought an 3 port HDMI switch with 3 cables and 8 velcro cable ties all for $20. I only have 1 HDMI, well DVI, hookup to my tv, and currently have all three systems and DISH HD/DVR on it. But, when I get another tv for the bedroom, the XBOX is going in there.

That was a cpl weeks ago, but when I ordered, it was like the 3rd time they had that sale in the last cpl months.

[quote name='candymaker789']For those electronically savvy shoppers out there, what's the difference between an HDMI cable and an Xbox 360 component cable with the switch for HDTV? Is HDMI significantly better?

Thanks and have a nice day.[/QUOTE]

theres a notable difference for 3.30 you cant pass this up.

In for 2. They're cheap enough to where it doesn't matter if they don't work amazingly considering I'm using them mostly for a test run.

[quote name='jjhearn']Moltres, look at Meritline. I just bought an 3 port HDMI switch with 3 cables and 8 velcro cable ties all for $20. I only have 1 HDMI, well DVI, hookup to my tv, and currently have all three systems and DISH HD/DVR on it. But, when I get another tv for the bedroom, the XBOX is going in there.

That was a cpl weeks ago, but when I ordered, it was like the 3rd time they had that sale in the last cpl months.[/QUOTE]
link to the switch? I see it for 29.99 but not your price. I've read somewhere that some switches are bad because they route the power to all things connected to the hdmi switch causing interference and unnecessary power going to the systems? Anyone have a clue if this is true?

[quote name='ilivas']There are many displays that will not display 1080p over component.

Also, hdmi, does more than PCM, it will bitsteam which is my method of choice for HD audio.[/QUOTE]

That's true, some TVs won't accept 1080p over component but AFAIK most recent sets will. As for PCM vs. Bitstream it's all pretty moot. PCM just means you're gonna decode the audio at the source whereas Bitstream will decode at the reciever (or vice versa, it's late and I'm very tired so I dunno). It's all the same at the end of the day provided you have a decent reciever. For the record TOSLINK bitstreams fine and dandy, it's just limited to 5.1 DD or DTS signals due to limited bandwidth.

[quote name='Moltres423']I got mine two days ago and tried them out a bunch on my ps3... They give me a short boom of static when I go to turn on the system, and when I go from the main menu and select a game. It lasts only a couple of seconds, and only appear when the screen is forced to go black while it loads something and never happens while I'm playing a game or watching a movie.

Oh and to the jackass who said I didn't own a 1080i tv- I tried making the ps3 display in 1080p but I lost my picture. It came back when I switched it to 1080i =/ .

Pretty good price deal overalll- I'd get another if my tv had more than one hdmi port... anyone know what would be a good purchase to circumvent this?[/QUOTE]

The static thing is likely your TV and not the cable. Some TVs handle that momentary "No Signal" thing weird.

As for me being a jackass: fuck. Right. Off. Typical CAG bullshit, someone trys to be helpful and some dipshit attacks him for it. FYI I said provided your TV is NOT CRT then it is not 1080i native. If it is a CRT than it no doubt is 1080i native. If it's not a CRT than it's either 720p or 1080p native. Just because your TV doesn't accept a 1080p signal does not mean it's 1080i native. In fact if it's not a CRT it just means that beyond a shadow of a doubt it's resolution is likely 1366x768p. Not my fault you don't know shit about what you're talking about. I'll make a note not to attempt to help you in the future.

Bought one off seller Abacus back in May '08 I believe. Use it between my PS3, PC, and 360 without any problems. May be cheap cables but don't have any complaints with them.

I bought some of these HDMI cables a few weeks back, tried hooking it up to my Xbox 360 tonight and realized they won't fit, I have the A/V cables in, and can't get the HDMI cable in there at the same time, it's either one or the other... how do you hook them up the 360?

bread's done
Back