HDTV and video game question

bjschre

CAGiversary!
I just bought a new 51" projection HDTV and I was wondering if it is worth it to buy a system selector to hook up my Gamecube and PS2 with HD cables. My DVD player and 360 will for sure be connected in HD. And if it is worth it, then is there a major diffrence between EB Games 19.99 system selector and the 99.99 model that Best Buy carries?

The $19.99 model probably only has composite inputs. You're going to need the expensive one with component inputs to take advantage of your HD. Actually I should probably pick one of those up, my HDTV only has 2 sets of component inputs and one is taken up by my cable box so I have to unplug one set every time I want to switch systems...

A selector will most certainly make it easier to select between different systems without fucking around with plugs. As for the difference between the switches, I doubt it. The expensive one is most likely Monster brand (high markup) with a bunch of bells and whistles (that is, they will be the same, so long as they both have component inputs and outputs).

Thanks guys, yeah, the 19.99 model has component hook-ups. It just doesn't have any extra features exept push buttons to select what system you want. If I recall you can hook up four devices to it, but only three component. But as a plus that I thought was nice, it also has network hook ups to so you can use one line, or even better, one wireless adapter.

I seriously doubt this one from EB your talking about is a component video switcher. The cheapest component switcher your going to find is going to be $80-100.

i have one of those......it is sensitive to interference (but my wall unit is a giant mass of electriticy and wires), but it does work.

I paid $180 for my system selector and it works great. It is a zektor, probably the top of the line model you can get for selectors. It has 4 component inputs with Fiber optic audio and 1 ouput Component and fiber optic output.

It is a power unit with the ability to use most universal remote controls.

I do not see any difference in quality from a straight hook to my TV from the 360, Xbox or PS2. I am working on getting GC cables. I have them ordered from nintendo's online store.

Probably the best investment I made after I purchased my HDTV.

bread's done
Back