HDTV deal help

Dominick331

CAGiversary!
I have been in the market for a new TV for a few months now but can't seem to find the right deal. I want a good quality but basic set witth the following specs:

--Around 50 inches (give or take a few inches is fine)

--at least 3 HDMI ports, 1 composite and 1 component.

--120 hz

--prefer it NOT be a smart tv

I would prefer a local retailer as I'd rather not have it shipped becuase I am not home when stuff is usually delivered and I live in an apartment complex.

I prefer a Samsung but have come across very few non-smart Samsung HDTVs these days. I am honestly not sure what other brands are good. I am a firm beleiver in "you get what you pay for." I have a HDTV Samsung now and it's been working flawlessly for nearly 7 years.

Suggestions? Thoughts? Thanks!

I have been in the market for a new TV for a few months now but can't seem to find the right deal. I want a good quality but basic set witth the following specs:

--Around 50 inches (give or take a few inches is fine)

--at least 3 HDMI ports, 1 composite and 1 component.

--120 hz

--prefer it NOT be a smart tv

I would prefer a local retailer as I'd rather not have it shipped becuase I am not home when stuff is usually delivered and I live in an apartment complex.

I prefer a Samsung but have come across very few non-smart Samsung HDTVs these days. I am honestly not sure what other brands are good. I am a firm beleiver in "you get what you pay for." I have a HDTV Samsung now and it's been working flawlessly for nearly 7 years.

Suggestions? Thoughts? Thanks!
You're def on the right track in staying with Samsung I wouldn't go with any other brand.

I wouldn't be against a smart tv if you can get it at the right price, I see this tv on slickdeals http://slickdeals.net/f/7633588-samsung-50-inch-led-smart-tv-un50h6350-hdtv-for-697-99-200-dell-egift-card?v=1 . Seems like an awesome deal with the $200 gc and has great reviews on amazon, but you did mention you didn't want it shipped...........

I actually looked at that deal, its nice and the 4 HDMI ports is awesome becuase I won't need to swap or use a splitter. Plus I can use the gift card on a new monitor. Only thing is its a smart TV, feel like it would be a waste for my needs, but havent ruled it out. I'd do a shipped deal, just prefer not to if possible.

OP, tv's are only going to get smarter and smarter. best to be on board and, hopefully have an ally, if/when they become self aware. Just be nice to it and we may have a fighting chance.

We still have a lot of non smart TV's in our local big box stores. I agree with you about them in I would rather not have one.

Even though you don't want it shipped, did you browse Newegg? They had some really good deals on TV'S during Black Friday. If you sign up for their email mailing list you receive promo codes and heads up on sales etc. Saw a 1080p 32" Samsung, with 2 HDMI ports for 250ish during the sale but did not jump on it.

If you don't mind a slightly "used" one, if you check your local Best Buys they have open box deals (display models) for great prices usually. I'm sure Wal-Mart is the same way but I've never checked into it.

Woot.com also has awesome deals on TV'S at times too but thay brings shipping into the light again.

Anyway sorry I wasn't of more direct help but I hope this does some good and I wish you good luck in your search. :)

Most higher end tv's are smart tv's. So not wanting a smart tv is limiting your options. And since what you are looking for in a tv is only a little bit above average for specs. Your not going to have a hard time finding a tv with those specs. 

Are you going to play games on this tv? If so you want a tv with low input lag. LG makes good tv's. Most of there tv's have an ips screen. The models they have that are thicker (depth) have a rear backlight. Thinner tv's are lit from the side. So they give the "flash light" effect. There is tons of information about it online. But it's best to check out this and see if its something that bothers you. 

bread's done
Back