HDTV deals

Archfiend

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
Anyone know of any really good deals or financing on HDTV's right now?
Preferably a 6/12/24 month no interest no payments kinda deal.

Thanx

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't know about financing, but you might want to look into a 40" 1080p Toshiba Regza that's $599.99 with a coupon if you're a Newegg eblast email subscriber.

http://promotions.newegg.com/NEemail/latest/index-landing.aspx

direct tv link: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...24&cm_re=toshiba_regza-_-89-253-224-_-Product

I like the Toshibas for the lower price point and picture quality. The Regza line has a better processor over their standard roster.

One of the things no one really mentions is how well a tv deals with fitting 4:3 (say if you have SD satellite) and making it look widescreen. Toshiba's have several TheaterWide options that doesn't make it look as squished and stretched. That's a plus in my mind over other brands.

Thnx for the links. That does look nice. Now the question is is do I hold out a little longer hoping this 3DTV boom will loser non 3D prices.

[quote name='Archfiend']Thnx for the links. That does look nice. Now the question is is do I hold out a little longer hoping this 3DTV boom will loser non 3D prices.[/QUOTE]

Depends how long you're willing to wait. I picked up my 42 in. HD Sharp 3 1/2 months ago for $500, mostly because retailers were trying to offload TVs post-Super Bowl. Prices could go down by Black Friday this year or, if the 3D thing catches steam, beginning of next year. I'm just speculating, but this is based off of what's been happening with TV prices the past few years.

[quote name='WankerJist']Depends how long you're willing to wait. I picked up my 42 in. HD Sharp 3 1/2 months ago for $500, mostly because retailers were trying to offload TVs post-Super Bowl. Prices could go down by Black Friday this year or, if the 3D thing catches steam, beginning of next year. I'm just speculating, but this is based off of what's been happening with TV prices the past few years.[/QUOTE]

Well said, yeah it's a tough decision as I was hoping to play RDR in HD.

Amazon has a few Toshiba HDTV's with 24 month zero interest financing. I just got one a few days ago. You can't beat 24 months like cash financing.

While on the subject of HDTVs what is better Plasma, LCD or LED?
I know 1080p is also the way to go but what else should someone be looking for....I heard something about refresh rates?

if your interested in buying refurbs for cheaper, go to tigerdirect.com. i just bought a refurb 32 inch vizio 1080p/120hz for $426 (will be $378 from bing cashback. would have been $352, but they charge tax in 1/3 states -_-) and it works great and looks brand new!

bread's done
Back