HDTVs >22"

CAGiversary!
I am going away to college and would like a 24" HDTV but I dont want to pay more than $200 I have seen some of them around that price, but i was wondering if anybody knew of any good bestbuy/target/walmart/whatever coupons that may be able to keep the price @ 200 or less because I do not want to wait for black friday, I thought stores used to do a going back to school sale on televisions but i guess I was wrong Thank you

If all you can spend is $200 and think you're going to get a TV larger than 22" (which would be a 26" set), you're going to be mistaken without a severely large discount from a sale.

If you need it to have a tuner on it, then you're going to have some real issues finding anything bigger than 19" at the prices you're looking for. If you don't need a tuner on it, a LCD monitor (not a TV) could be found for that price in a size greater than 22" for under $200.

You might find a TV from 1-2 generations back, new or used, at that price, though anything current, you might have to wait out BF or some other large-scale sale.

Well if you are willing to buy a Element Target has them for $249.99 for a 24 inch LCD model that I saw at the store last night while looking for a new TV for my first house. I had several Element LCD TVs at my old home and I enjoyed them. I have had my oldest one for over 3 years.

I would have bought one myself but I need something just a bit bigger.

http://www.target.com/b/ref=br_sort..._size_derived,resolution-bin&searchRank=price

Here is a link to Target.com which has several 22 inch LCD models in the $200 range but you will have to see if they have them at a Target near you.

Picked up a Element 26" at kmart on clearance for $180. Was a display model but in new condition. Not the best in the word but good enough as a monitor and office tv.

I'm in the 26" TV market too, or rather, rather. I think less then that isn't going to be adequate for a bedroom TV that's up on our dresser and perhaps 10 feet away or so? I want it for movies and for gaming. The problem is that I want it both for Xbox 360 and Wii, PS2, Gamecube, Nintendo 64, etc, whatever I want to hook up to it. So I think I pretty much need to buy a TV, as opposed to a monitor, as only the TVs seem to have SD inputs, especially s-video and component. Or is there a good monitor that has SD inputs in addition to HDMI?

EDIT: to clarify, I don't care so much about TV, so don't need a tuner. I just need HDMI, s-video and component.

bread's done
Back