He-Man Masters of the Universe - 30th Limited Edition at Amazon 3rd PS $58.41

Tim7890

CAG Veteran
He-Man® and the Masters of the Universe® Collection Offers Fans 189 Episodes on 22 DVDs of the Three Television Series

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B008XJM6H0/ref=dp_olp_new?ie=UTF8&condition=new

To commemorate the 30th anniversary of the Masters of the Universe® brand, Mill Creek Entertainment announces the release of the 30th Anniversary Commemorative Collection of He-Man® and the Masters of the Universe® DVD. This epic 22-DVD set chronicles all three Masters of the Universe series, and also includes a bonus DVD containing new and unreleased documentary features, a bonus audio CD with the classic Filmation series soundtrack, an exclusive MOTUC sword accessory and an extensive episode guide booklet all contained in a deluxe display-worthy package complete with a sculpted Castle Grayskull facade.

This epic, limited-edition DVD collection celebrates the adventures of The Most Powerful Man in the UniverseTM with three animated series that encompass the legacy of He-Man® and the Masters of the Universe®. The collection relives the excitement of the most phenomenal stories ever created in animation across 189 captivating episodes along with hours of ancillary footage and exclusive bonus items that comprise this definitive Masters of the Universe® collector s set.

He-Man® and the Masters of the Universe®
  • Aired on television from 1983-1985
  • All 130 Episodes are featured in the collection on 16 DVDs
  • Six Documentary Featurettes
  • 100 Character Profiles
  • English & Spanish Audio Tracks

The New Adventures of He-Man® and the Masters of the Universe®
  • Aired on television from 1990-1991
  • The top 20 Fan-Favorite Episodes on 2 DVDs
  • Bonus Documentary Featurette

He-Man® and the Masters of the Universe®
  • Aired on television from 2002-2004
  • All 39 Episodes on 4 DVDs
  • Interviews with Toyline Artists from Mattel and The Four Horsemen
  • 12 Audio Commentaries
  • A PDF Comic Book for Unproduced Episode #40

Additional Collectible Bonus Items
  • Exclusive Power Sword® This MOTUC accessory represents the Sword of He-Man® and is offered in the Eternian gold color for this commemorative anniversary edition.
  • Audio Soundtrack An 11-Track CD featuring selections from the Filmation He-Man® and the Masters of the Universe® series by Shuki Levy
  • All-New Documentary A bonus DVD containing a brand new FANS OF MOTU documentary featurette in addition to ten previously unreleased documentary programs
  • Episode Guide A 48-page commemorative booklet and episode guide for all 189 episodes

This is one heckuva deal! I own the 2002 series on DVD and a "Best of" of the original show, but damn -- this is so incredibly tempting...

...do I dare?

[quote name='gothamcentral79']Weird that they would have all the episodes for the first and third series but only twenty "fan favorite" episodes for the second.[/QUOTE]

Was thinking the same thing :whistle2:k

The New Adventures series wasn't exactly fan-loved - I'm surprised they included any episodes at all, honestly. Had they included more, I imagine the cost of the set would've increased.

I saw this in a store and was going to wait even though it said it was a limited anniversary edition. That was until I saw that it is a numbered # of 15,000 made.
This is an actual limited edition, and if you have any interest in it. Go ahead and buy it now. I bought it and it is awesome!
I got it next to my shelf of box sets like the TMNT ninja turtle van edition.

This is a rare case where I was actually glad I bit on the individual sets - seems to be the only way to get ALL of the content.

[quote name='argyle']This is a rare case where I was actually glad I bit on the individual sets - seems to be the only way to get ALL of the content.[/QUOTE]

the individual sets do look nice lined up too

Although I do love having everything in the individual sets lined up to form the mural that others above have mentioned...I REALLY want that fucking soundtrack CD. Hope it pops up somewhere, be it by legal purchase means or "other."

The episode guide would be nice too but it's not a dealbreaker. Or dealmaker, in this case.

[quote name='knight19']The New Adventures series wasn't exactly fan-loved - I'm surprised they included any episodes at all, honestly. Had they included more, I imagine the cost of the set would've increased.[/QUOTE]

Well yeah but if they are going to release this big set of a show I would want it to be complete. No matter how fan loved they are.

I bought this set cause I watched the first series growing up and still have all my figures from it. I never watched the New Adventures though, and after reading the wiki page of it and seeing some of the characters, wow, I'm glad I avoided that big pile of ass. Guess I won't be getting the full set of that in the future on separate dvds.

bread's done
Back