He-man Master's of the Universe Complete Series (2002)

phenommsu

CAGiversary!
Just wanted to let you guys know that amazon has the
He-Man and the Masters of the Universe: The Complete Series (2002)For 9.99. Not a bad price if you liked the Cartoon network spin of the He-man adventures.

http://www.amazon.com/He-Man-Master...ef=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1265693783&sr=8-1

The also have Dungeons and Dragons complete series for 9.99 if you are interested.

Checked around and didn't see any threads so hope it is not a repost.

Must... resist urge... to buy.

I liked the show for a while but kind of forgot about it. Probably only really saw the first few episodes and few random ones here and there.

[quote name='slidecage']this for the new series made in the 90s not the old 80s series[/QUOTE]

No, it's for the 2002 series, which is stated in the OP. Slidey, when will you learn?

[quote name='eastx']No, it's for the 2002 series, which is stated in the OP. Slidey, when will you learn?[/QUOTE]

my mistake.. thought someone said this was made back in the 1990s when it was on sale before xmas for same price..

[quote name='slidecage']my mistake.. thought someone said this was made back in the 1990s when it was on sale before xmas for same price..[/QUOTE]

Well to be fair, there was a He-Man series in the 90's as well. It was called The New Adventures of He-Man

Thanks OP. Bought this and threw in Ultraman for $12.99 just for shits and giggles.

Mill Creek has unofficially stated they have plans to release this series on bluray. Still, the $9.99 price tag is a good deal. The set I got for Christmas had a glitch on the first disc that made it impossible to play two episodes. Their customer service was impressive and I ended up with a box of random dvds along with a replacement disc.

[quote name='cag1000']I have the two volumes already. What are the differences?[/QUOTE]

It looks like this complete series set is from Mill Creek and the previous season sets are from Navarre Corporation. I know that Mill Creek's release of Day Break: The Complete Series is significantly worse -- both packaging and the content -- than the original release. But other than that I'm not familiar with Mill Creek.

Also, those three volume box sets are now OOP.

I missed this deal last time, but not this time. Of course since I'm stuck in the world of STO I doubt I'll watch it unless my net goes down again because of snow.

Edit: Just read the bluray comment. Not sure what that would add to this really. Where's Matt when you need the video lowdown?

Here's the most recent link I can find discussing the bluray:

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/He-Man-Masters-Universe-Blu-Ray-Rumors/12311

We held out little hope, honestly, that Mill Creek would move forward with any Blu-ray plans for the set, since BCI was of course a completely different company. But fans like our reader "Demetris G" (thanks for the heads-up!) wrote to Mill Creek and asked, and this is the reply they got from the studio:
  • Thank you for your interest in Mill Creek Entertainment and the upcoming He-Man DVD releases. To answer your request, there is a Blu-Ray version of this DVD set in the works and it is slated to be released sometime in 2010. The announcement of this release will made upon our website in the future so, please continue to monitor our site for details on this and other future titles.
We've double-checked directly with the studio on this, and they've confirmed that they do have it in mind....but added this important information that tells us to take it with a grain of salt: "the release is conceptual, and will still need to be approved by Mattel. However, if and when we secure permission, this release will rock your socks off!"

Hay anyone having issues with this set, what I mean is whenever I put a disc in my player it sounds like a jet engine is taking off (indicative of poor manufacturing process, plus the bottoms of the discs look distorted causing disc instability) causing my drive to spin up extremely hard (and this is from an old, stable, DVD player I've used for years and only have issues with when the discs are less than decent quality, otherwise the thing plays pretty much everything and anything thrown at it like a trooper.

The picture, sound and everything else is perfect, the special features and all are cool, but the jet engine discs concern me, and I just wanted to know if anyone else who owns this is running into similar issues or not.

The price was right, but with the disc issues, I don't see myself watching this set more than once, and then very infrequently after that, which is a shame, cause it looks like a very competent take on the MotU mythos.

I had exactly those problems on my PS3 with only some of the discs. They works fine on another player I've got, so I'm alright on that end.

On a plus note, my 3-1/2-year-old daughter loves the show.

Thanks for letting me know guys that Mill Creek could have done a better job with quality control overall, oh well, it's an enjoyable show that I like, but I guess I just won't be watching it too many times because of this.

bread's done
Back