Heads Up: ALL but 8 CompUSA's in CA Closing

JJSP

CAGiversary!
Feedback
62 (100%)
WIthin the next 60-90 days, all but 8 California CompUSA's will close. All stores are currently in "going out of business" mode, with items marked down to 20-40% off everything in the store.

Stores affected - Anaheim, Burbank, Concord, Culver City, Encinitas, Fountain Valley, Glendale, La Mesa, Long Beach (both), Mission Viejo, Modesto, Monrovia, Montclair, Murrieta, Oxnard, Pleasanton, Rancho Cucamonga, Redondo Beach, Roseville, Sacramento, San Bernadino, San Diego, San Jose, San Marcos, San Mateo, Tustin, Vacaville, Woodland Hills

The remaining stores will be located in Bakersfield, Emeryville, Fresno, San Bruno, San Francisco, San Rafael, Santa Barbara/Goleta, and Santa Rosa.

[quote name='basketkase543']Wow, this is a major closing. Anybody seen any good deals yet?[/QUOTE]
I'm heading to Anaheim in a little while, I'll let CAG know if I see anything worth mentioning.

Perhaps this is part of the problem, but this'll mark the first time I've ever actually been in a CompUSA.

Hmm... Maybe I'll try Vacaville. I doubt the gaming sections has anything good yet though.

I guess it's also nice to know the one in San Francisco will still be around.

ill have to hop over to vacaville and check out sacramento maybe, or send a friend there. make my brother check out the san jose store, ill post anything i find.

where's the compusa in san jose?

I tried doing a search at maps.yahoo but the closest one to me came up about 60-90 miles away from fremont

yo..anyone know if theres already a compusa closed...cuz I dont want to make a trip for nuthin...

[quote name='imascrub']where's the compusa in san jose?

I tried doing a search at maps.yahoo but the closest one to me came up about 60-90 miles away from fremont[/QUOTE]

isnt there 2 or 3 in san jose? im pretty sure theres one in stevens creek

i guess my san rafael one will stay open, san rafael is gonna be a pretty sweet spot on black friday with a circuit city, best buy, and a compusa all within 5 miles of eachother

I just got back from the Anaheim store, and they're still in the early stages of this clearance.

Games - 10% off (big selection left)
Movies - 20% off (ditto)
Monitors/TV's - 10% off
Computers - 5% off
Software - 20% off (Apple software 10%)
Cables, iPod accessories, phone accessories - 20-25% off

Not much to get excited over yet. The discounts will increase as time goes on, much like the Tower Records clearance.

[quote name='JJSP']I just got back from the Anaheim store, and they're still in the early stages of this clearance.

Movies - 20% off (ditto)
Monitors/TV's - 10% off
Computers - 5% off

Not much to get excited over yet. The discounts will increase as time goes on, much like the Tower Records clearance.[/quote]

with discounts like that i think ill wait a few weeks before i make a trip

If you're looking for products that tend to have display models, you can get those for even cheaper as well. I was just at the San Mateo store with my friend and he scored a 37" Sony Bravia HDTV for $1200.

I was just at the Modesto one, same as everybody else stated, 10-20 percent off. Nothing to get excited over, but I see there are some suckers who will jump on anything with the word clearance on it as while there still is a lot of stuff left, people are buying a lot. I think I'll wait till it hits 30-40 percent off as a lot of what they have I could've gotten cheaper elsewhere already and it won't be worth it till than.

[quote name='Murcielago77']isnt there 2 or 3 in san jose? im pretty sure theres one in stevens creek

i guess my san rafael one will stay open, san rafael is gonna be a pretty sweet spot on black friday with a circuit city, best buy, and a compusa all within 5 miles of eachother[/QUOTE]

I think there's one now. The one on Steven's Creek closed about two months after it re-opened, after relocating from El Camino.

the thing about clearances is that there are so many suckers who will buy at 20% off when stuff at compUSSR is usually more than 20% more expensive compared to online retailers.

After 40% savings dont expect to see stuff you want, the right mindset would be to go and pickup what looks like a good deal and not look for specific items.

Roseville is nothing special. There's a good amount of 360 and PC games, some PS2, but it looked pretty picked over.
Though, I don't remember them having a great selection to begin with.

[quote name='JJSP']I just got back from the Anaheim store, and they're still in the early stages of this clearance.

Movies - 20% off (ditto)
Monitors/TV's - 10% off
Computers - 5% off

Not much to get excited over yet. The discounts will increase as time goes on, much like the Tower Records clearance.[/quote]

This is the same at the Monrovia store. Gonna wait a bit until the prices drop some more.

[quote name='imascrub']where's the compusa in san jose?

I tried doing a search at maps.yahoo but the closest one to me came up about 60-90 miles away from fremont[/quote]

Theres one on Blossom Hill, right behind The Outback. The one on Stevens Creek closed a while ago. I could never find anything to buy whenever i walk into CompUSA, not even when they have sales.

[quote name='Thongsy']I was just at the Modesto one, same as everybody else stated, 10-20 percent off. Nothing to get excited over, but I see there are some suckers who will jump on anything with the word clearance on it as while there still is a lot of stuff left, people are buying a lot. I think I'll wait till it hits 30-40 percent off as a lot of what they have I could've gotten cheaper elsewhere already and it won't be worth it till than.[/QUOTE]

I stopped in at the Modesto one yesterday and they were at 10-30% off. Virtually everything was at 10% off except for computer cables (USB, parallel, etc...).

Just came back from the one in Concord, nothing special, pretty much same as everywhere else. 10% - 30% off, with 5% off computers, and 10% off TV, & games. 30% off are for computer hardware & parts like fans, cases, power supplies, motherboards, CPUs; though the CPUs and mobo were picked over.

Just came back from Concord, CA CompUSA again. Nothing special yet, still 10% - 30% off, but the TVs went from 10% to 15% off now. Still waiting for it to drop some more.

[quote name='squid']Roseville is nothing special. There's a good amount of 360 and PC games, some PS2, but it looked pretty picked over.
Though, I don't remember them having a great selection to begin with.[/QUOTE]

I was disappointed when I went to the Roseville store. The deals aren't especially good in the first place and the sales tax kills it.

[quote name='Collectordragon']I was disappointed when I went to the Roseville store. The deals aren't especially good in the first place and the sales tax kills it.[/quote]

Yeah, I was there yesterday and it was pooohey. Maybeee once it gets down to %20 on the games, but still that's not much better than ebay or amazon.

Nothing special (surprise!) at the Monrovia, CA CompUSA. Games are 15% off, and there's still a ton of games left for most systems including PS3, DS, Wii, 360, PS2, PSP, Xbox (GC is slim). TVs are 15% off, so nothing special there, desktops and laptops are 10%, Apple hardwares like laptop and iPod are 5%. The only thing 40% off are magazines and books, video and audio cables, and prepaid phones.

so a little off topic, if I bought a laptop last yr and something happens and I use the CompUSA warranty what do I do? Do I senc it to corporate or to teh nearest store? Since I live in WA and all the CompUSA are closing up here.

[quote name='dudenow1313']Dang I'm in Fresno so my store isn't closing, but does anyone know if the Fresno store is discounting anything?[/QUOTE]

If they're not closing, it's "business as usual". Modesto store is closing, though. I was there about 2 weeks ago and things were 10-30% off. I should go back there tomorrow or Saturday to see whats left. Can't believe people are actually scooping up stuff before it even hits 50% off...since CompUSA is overpriced to begin with.

[quote name='crazyj']the thing about clearances is that there are so many suckers who will buy at 20% off when stuff at compUSSR is usually more than 20% more expensive compared to online retailers.
[/quote]

That was the problem with the vegas CompUSA. Random Person, "Oh WOW 10% off, thats a uber steal. BUY,BUY,BUY" :roll: . Now theres only a slight few good things left.

Has the percent off, gone beyond 30% on software in your area?

Just checked the Vacaville Compusa yesterday. They're up the 20% off, but a lot of the gaming stuff has been relegated to only one glass case. It looked like they shipped all their stuff to somewhere else since it's hard to see anyone buying all those copies of PC games.

The CompUSA at Monrovia, CA also has 20% off games. The selection is still pretty good compared to most other CompUSA stores (even the ones not closing). 25% off TVs, 10% off computers, 40% off computer tech (motherboard, CPU, cases, power supply, accessories), 20% keyboard & mouse. Still pretty much nothing good to buy unless you really need something.

bread's done
Back