Heads up: Starting Sunday 8/12/07 - ALL TRU Clearance Items Will Be 20% Off

[quote name='KingofOldSchool']I didn't see this mentioned, but my sources indicate that TRU's will be upping the clearance from 15% to 20%.[/quote]

oh hell yes im so over this lol

Hit the clearance now at 15% using $5 off $25 coupon...or wait for 20% off to hit...decisions, decisions. [pulls out calculator]

[quote name='Rocko']:roll:

Just bought three clearance items.

Oh well.[/QUOTE]

You might be able to price adjust. But I'm not sure how TRU handles Clearance items...

[quote name='CaoPi']if there's anything left that is....[/QUOTE]

for real. if there's anything left... whether if it's games or toys.

If no price adjustment, they could do a return/rebuy. That's what was done for me when the 15%-off-clearance-items sale first started.

But, getting a price adjustment from 15% to 20% off might not be worth the drive for some people.

I was there today and got a flyer about it--all the clearance games will be 20% off.

There are still shitloads of copies of Lumines II and Gunpey PSP. (and I found a bunch of copies of Lumines 1 :) )

I asked the clerk-tress and she said I could price adjust it all on Sunday.

[quote name='topnotch97']ummm.... does anyone know how long this 20% off will last?[/QUOTE]
It lasts until they bump it up to 25% off.
[quote name='eugaet']Hit the clearance now at 15% using $5 off $25 coupon...or wait for 20% off to hit...decisions, decisions. [pulls out calculator][/QUOTE]
I'm going to post a couple of coupons later which should aid you in your decision.

[quote name='Apossum']I was there today and got a flyer about it--all the clearance games will be 20% off.

There are still shitloads of copies of Lumines II and Gunpey PSP. (and I found a bunch of copies of Lumines 1 :) )

I asked the clerk-tress and she said I could price adjust it all on Sunday.[/quote]

how much are lumines and gunpey going for? in the clearance rack?

[quote name='Pestilence']how much are lumines and gunpey going for? in the clearance rack?[/quote]

Lumines is 13.98 before discount.

wow there's gonna be a 25% Off on ALL clearance?!?! i guess i have to wait for the 25%, unless everything will be pick clean.

if it hits 30% Off let me know. well i'm pushing am i. :lol:

[quote name='Pestilence']how much are lumines and gunpey going for? in the clearance rack?[/quote]
Lumines? I wish my TRUs still had them. They all disappeared in no time after the annoucement of its exploit for PSP downgrade.

[quote name='topnotch97']wow there's gonna be a 25% Off on ALL clearance?!?! i guess i have to wait for the 25%, unless everything will be pick clean.

if it hits 30% Off let me know. well i'm pushing am i. :lol:[/quote]

TRU clearance items will continue dropping in price through the holidays until theyre gone. If you want to wiat something out, the deals will jsut get better. Unless they sell out before you can grab them.

Got the following at multiple TRUs. Prices are after discount

:xbox:

Godfather $6.80
Halo $8
Advent Rising $3.76
Timesplitters Future Perfect $4.80

:gba:
Gunstar Super Heroes $3.58
Justice League Heroes Flash $8

:360:
MotoGP 06 $8

Might be worth checking into at mine last time I was there they had a big ol' ghetto bin stuffed with a bunch of games so there might be something worth digging for... Last time found Ape Escape 3 for something like $6.48...

to bad mine never had any of those old $10 RPG's from the previous clearance ;)

Im a bike assembler at TRU, and we were looking through our clearance list for the bikes. We found a 26 inch Huffy Mountain bike for $3.70. It had 2 bent rims (which is probably why we hadnt sold the bike yet, it wasnt out on the floor) so we just took rims off of another bike and voila, brand new bike for pocket change.

[quote name='eau']Lumines? I wish my TRUs still had them. They all disappeared in no time after the annoucement of its exploit for PSP downgrade.[/quote]
What would that exploit be? the TRU I work at still has about 20 Lumines.

[quote name='life.exe']Im a bike assembler at TRU, and we were looking through our clearance list for the bikes. We found a 26 inch Huffy Mountain bike for $3.70. It had 2 bent rims (which is probably why we hadnt sold the bike yet, it wasnt out on the floor) so we just took rims off of another bike and voila, brand new bike for pocket change.

What would that exploit be? the TRU I work at still has about 20 Lumines.[/quote]

I love when bikes go on clearance and get lost in the stockroom. When I was working there, we found quite a few bikes in the back that were green tags (which was at 90% by that point). Needless to say, I bought a bike for myself, daughter, wife and her parents and brother and spent about $50. The most expensive one was my aluminum 26" Mongoose, like $13.

Good times. :D

are we gonna see this clearance all the way next month?

coz i wanna hold off any purchases, since i notice some drops aside from those exploitable discounts. not much on video games, but on toys probably.

[quote name='topnotch97']ummm.... does anyone know how long this 20% off will last?[/QUOTE]

in the past it would go to 30% off and then 50% off etc until all clearance items are gon. the good games went pretty quick tho.

[quote name='life.exe']Im a bike assembler at TRU, and we were looking through our clearance list for the bikes. We found a 26 inch Huffy Mountain bike for $3.70. It had 2 bent rims (which is probably why we hadnt sold the bike yet, it wasnt out on the floor) so we just took rims off of another bike and voila, brand new bike for pocket change.

What would that exploit be? the TRU I work at still has about 20 Lumines.[/QUOTE]

If you have a copy of Lumines in your PSP, it still lets you run homebrew even with the latest firmware updates.

Picked up
:360: MotoGP06 - $6 after extra 20% coupon

Took them forever because the tag said GP2007 :roll:

Also passed on (all 360)
Chromehounds $10
Madden 06 $13
Madden 07 $13
NBA Live 06 $10 (or so)

The little price scanner sometimes said "lasts until 9/8/07"

bread's done
Back