Headset for gaming. Opinions?

Drabelincoln

CAGiversary!
Feedback
108 (100%)
I'm looking to get a new headset and need some advice. My budget is between 100 and 150. I've been looking over reviews and like with everything they are all over the place. Really I'd be using this mostly to play games and watch movies... no music really. I though about just getting headphones but I'd like to be able to use it for in game voice chat too. Any suggestions or opinions would be great.

logitech G35 for wired
logitech F540 for wireless

Have them both and love them both. These logitechs have been the only ones I've found so far where I can wear them all day without my ears feel like they're falling off.

i use dj headphones and a skypee stick mic here. headphones are pioneer se-305's and make ya look like you're going to the firing range, tho. :)

[quote name='SEH']I'll continue to say this in every "gaming headset" thread. Buy a pair of Sennheisers and get a Zalman clip mic. You will not get a better product for your money in a "gaming headset".

http://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-HD...DG/ref=sr_1_12?ie=UTF8&qid=1329422727&sr=8-12

http://www.amazon.com/Zalman-Zm-Mic...-Microphone/dp/B00029MTMQ/ref=pd_bxgy_e_img_b[/QUOTE]
If you do go the separate headphone/mic route, note that these Sennheisers are open, not closed, cups. They won't have the sound isolation that you might be looking for in a gaming headphone/headset. Most of the gaming headsets on the market are closed, meaning they block outside sounds from coming in.

I have a pair of G35's from Logitech, and I like them a lot, I also have a pair of Alienwares (that are a rebrand of the Steelseries 5Hv2--the analog version) and they sound pretty good as well.

Open cups aren't that huge of a deal. I've got a pair of 555's, which are open, and I play games/listen to music at relatively low levels, and it's still pretty hard to hear outside noise.

the only time open cups are a big deal is if there are other people around

i have dt880's and i can't hear anyone when i have them on. they can hear me though.

whats good about the stick mics is they got a mute button, a lot of the clear chat heatsets for some reason i dont think have that.

just a note tho i learned after a lot of trial and error for youtbue clips, you pretty much want to Eat whatever type of mic you use but whats nice about the stick is you can move it away so people dont hear ya breathing hehe. when i upgrade toa snowball im thinking about getting one of htem little band stands. :)

[quote name='Kevfactor']whats good about the stick mics is they got a mute button, a lot of the clear chat heatsets for some reason i dont think have that.

just a note tho i learned after a lot of trial and error for youtbue clips, you pretty much want to Eat whatever type of mic you use but whats nice about the stick is you can move it away so people dont hear ya breathing hehe. when i upgrade toa snowball im thinking about getting one of htem little band stands. :)[/QUOTE]

Hear you breathing? PTT man, PTT.

bread's done
Back