Headset Soulution Suggestion for 360 and PS3

sassylaurie

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I am looking for a headset that will provide all game audio (not just chat) for late night gaming from my 360 and PS3. I usually don't do online gaming, so the mic is less important - just trying to keep the rest of the family asleep while I'm blasting zombies, aliens or Sen.John Edwards.

Since I would only be using it for a few hours a week, I'm not looking to spend that much ($50? or less). 5.1 and up would be nice, but simple stereo would work fine considering the cost. Also, wireless is preferred - even if I need to hook one into a controller.

It doesn't even need to be an official gaming headset, just want to know if anyone has any ideas or input. I also have a stereo receiver hooked up to my TV out, so I have been thinking about hooking up a headset to that.

Just looking for a little feedback.

I also use the Turtle Beach X12's. Like you, I have a surround sound receiver. I have them hooked up to that and I can use my X12's for my PC, 360, PS3, TV. The mic won't work on the PS3 but for the price they're pretty good quality. As masterchief said, if you decide you want to get 7.1 down the line you can buy the adapter. I personally don't have it since I am more then satisfied with the X12's out the box.

Looks like I will go with the X12. Your input plus the excellent reviews on Amazon make a solid recommendation. The only drawback I can see is that it is not wireless, but it's not worth spending an extra $50-100 to me.

Thanks for your feedback.

bread's done
Back