Headsets

Sielanas

Banned
My gf broke my pc headset, a Plantronics surround set, and wants to get me a replacement. For the XB1, I've got the one that came in the box. I would like something that could possibly be used pc and console. If I'm covering my ears, I imagine stereo isn't going to cut it. What should we be looking at buying?

Look into a pair of Turtle Beaches. They are both PC and Xbox One friendly. They are used by many people. Possibly the most popular brand out there due to there quality and Lower price. When I say lower price I mean anywhere from $60.00-$100.00 compared to Astro's which could be anywhere from $150.00 to $400.00 a lot of pro gamer's use these.

I've been using my Sol Republic Master Tracks  ($70 from Target clearance last year) and they are great, IMHO.  The only thing I needed to replace the stock cable with a clear talk cable and everything, including chat, works awesome.  I may be in the minority, but I prefer not having a mic boom in my face, so the mic embedded in the cable works for me.

Definitely depends on the price-point you are looking at. I have been sticking with Turtle Beaches for years now and like them. Currently have the XO Seve Pro. If you go for older X1 Turtle Beaches be careful though because they did not have Mic Monitoring.

If you're going on the cheap side, the PS Golds are actually excellent.  You can use them wireless on PC,PS3,PS4, and then wired on anything that takes a stereo jack.  I use them on the Xbone myself.

Definitely depends on the price-point you are looking at. I have been sticking with Turtle Beaches for years now and like them. Currently have the XO Seve Pro. If you go for older X1 Turtle Beaches be careful though because they did not have Mic Monitoring.
Yeah the Seven Pros are good, I have the 800X Elites and they're great if you want to put some money down in the audio department, that is.

If you're going on the cheap side, the PS Golds are actually excellent. You can use them wireless on PC,PS3,PS4, and then wired on anything that takes a stereo jack. I use them on the Xbone myself.
I use silvers on the box and golds on my 4....for $20-25 can't beat the Sony silvers

Edit: they are tight as hell fresh out the box...stretch mines over some DVD cases a couple days and they were fine

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back