Heath Ledger Found Dead

Just read this on yahoo. So with him dead I wonder if someone else will play The Joker in Batman movies in the future. That is if the joker was to come back in any.

[quote name='Zenithian Legend']Dead and NAKED! and in an Olsen twin's apartment...

Probably done in by Lance Armstrong after Mr. Gay Biker man found out that Brokeback was only a movie.[/quote]

Damn, and to think of the hissy fit shit attack you had regarding the double murder/suicide of the Rabid Wolverine Chris Benoit, specifically on the comments some people made regarding that incident. God forbid anyone badmouth your personal heroes and most important members of our society, 'pro' wrestlers (heh). Or you might just wish a slow and painful death/cancer on the families/loved ones of anyone who speaks poorly of them.

[quote name='sendme']So with him dead I wonder if someone else will play The Joker in Batman movies in the future.[/QUOTE]
The Joker could die in the movie, for all we know, so, it might not be a problem.

[quote name='cochesecochese']He can also be the female love interest. The movie will be called...

...wait for it...

...wait for it...

...wait for it...

...The Three![/quote]

Subtitled Brokeback Batman. They will cast some roid raged monstrosity from the WWE as Bane, who will end up becoming Bruce's lover but also the head of the Gotham underworld in his guise as Bane.

In the climax of the movie he will break Batman's back, only to remove Batman's mask and reveal Batman to be his lover.

[quote name='panasonic']no way this was on purpose he just had a drug problem and probably went a little over. In this interview you can see how he keeps touching himself which is a side effect. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uKa-aDga1fE[/quote]

Yeah he's got the meth and heroin scratches/twitches. Hence the origin of the phrase "meth scratched face".

Terrible News, condolences to his family...one cant help but to think about the batman film...its the biggest film release this year easily...and the whole movie was really about the Joker...NOT Batman. Ledger was the main draw for the flick...sucks he wont be able to see the enormous praise he will get for that role.

I feel sorry for his family and those who knew him. There's now a void in their lives that will never be full again.

That said, my initial reaction when I heard the news was also "I wonder how this will impact The Dark Knight." I never followed Mr. Ledger or his films and personally will not morn his passing (unintentional or otherwise).

I'll be awaiting to see the autopsy results. If his death was an accident then it's a shame. Perhaps even a tragedy. If it's determined it was suicide via overdose then I truly won't give a damn about him or his legacy, if he even has one.

[quote name='karkyco']Damn, and to think of the hissy fit shit attack you had regarding the double murder/suicide of the Rabid Wolverine Chris Benoit, specifically on the comments some people made regarding that incident. God forbid anyone badmouth your personal heroes and most important members of our society, 'pro' wrestlers (heh). Or you might just wish a slow and painful death/cancer on the families/loved ones of anyone who speaks poorly of them.[/quote]

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

[quote name='CocheseUGA']Shitty thing is, that was the first thing I thought as well.

RIP?[/quote]

I thought that, but for different reasons. I instantly thought of Raul Julia, being a legendary actor but having the end of his body of work being "Street Fighter." I had been blown away by Heath's visual look as the Joker and am glad he will at least have a memorable final role, a la Brandon Lee.

[quote name='panasonic']no way this was on purpose he just had a drug problem and probably went a little over. In this interview you can see how he keeps touching himself which is a side effect. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uKa-aDga1fE[/quote]
that does look suspiciously like a heroin itch

also, at 34 seconds listen to what he says:

playing the joker is the most fun i've had...probably ever will have...playing a character

[quote name='crunchb3rry']Damn, I was reading an article on this and apparently Brad Renfro died a week ago.[/QUOTE]

who is brad renfro?

I wasn't a fan of Brokeback Mountain, but Ledger was good in it. And like most of you, I've been looking forward to The Dark Knight.

More than anything, I think it's a shame that he went out the way he did. Everyone's got their demons, but given the resources he had I'm surprised that they won out in the end. Godspeed, Mr. Ledger.

[quote name='sendme']who is brad renfro?[/quote]

The kid from The Client as well as one of the leads from Apt Pupil, if I recall correctly.

So with him dead I wonder if someone else will play The Joker in Batman movies in the future. That is if the joker was to come back in any.

I'm certainly not trying to make light of this tragedy or even 'lighten' the mood, but it needs to be said because it's going to be said: here come the revived geek chants for Crispin Glover. But let's not go there right now.

Heroin itch? It's probably just a nervous tick. Ben Afflek does the thing Heath did, can't sit still from a nervous tick and has trouble finding his words sometimes due to shyness.

I don't think he was a junkie. The fact is he was an insomniac who took a role on a movie with a production scale bigger than any prior film (even bigger than The Patriot) and most likely had to start using sleeping pills on a regular basis to compensate and just took too many because his insomnia made it twice as hard to sleep between shoots. I've got insomnia, and it's no joke.

What probably happened is he built a tolerance to Ambien and needed more and more to fall asleep. And, because you take it to fall asleep and not get high, he likely didn't know he had a problem.

[quote name='Kapwanil']The kid from The Client as well as one of the leads from Apt Pupil, if I recall correctly.[/quote]

Bully was arguably his biggest role. A much better movie than Alpha Dog. But as much as I don't like Justin Timberlake, he was rather impressive in that movie.

Why need a god when you have celebrities?

I feel bad for his daughter , she will never know her dad. If it was intentional then piss on him.If not piss on him anyways read side effects of the drugs that you take.

People need to quit caring about celebrities so damn much, he was no better then anyone, anywhere.

[quote name='bwilso80']Why need a god when you have celebrities?

I feel bad for his daughter , she will never know her dad. If it was intentional then piss on him.If not piss on him anyways read side effects of the drugs that you take.

People need to quit caring about celebrities so damn much, he was no better then anyone, anywhere.[/QUOTE]
Or you could view it as a shame, being that he was a talented artist.

Eh, whatever; Whichever way makes you look more alternative.

[quote name='Brak']Or you could view it as a shame, being that he was a talented artist.

Eh, whatever; Whichever way makes you look more alternative.[/QUOTE]

:lol:

[quote name='Brak']Or you could view it as a shame, being that he was a talented artist.

Eh, whatever; Whichever way makes you look more alternative.[/quote]

:applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:

RIP Heath.

At least he will be forever immortal in probably one of the greatest acting roles of the century.

"Heroes Die...Legends Live Forever" In this case, replace heroes with mad clown type villian.

[quote name='mykevermin']Prolly not.[/quote]

Opinions are like assholes: You're an asshole. :whistle2:# Wait... Thats not the tagline at all, is it? Go back to watching the presidential bonanza on Fox.

[quote name='crunchb3rry']What probably happened is he built a tolerance to Ambien and needed more and more to fall asleep. And, because you take it to fall asleep and not get high, he likely didn't know he had a problem.[/quote]

I talked to my mom who's a doctor and she agrees that it was probably the Ambien. According to her, you can only take 1 pill per 24 hr period. Anything beyond three is pushing it.

Sorry to hear of his passing. I don't really think I've seen any of his films aside of The Brothers Grimm. I'm sure his Joker in the Dark Knight will be chillingly memorable. Sad to hear he left a 2-year-old daughter. I have a 2-year-old son and I can't bear to think what the little girl will go through without a father in her life.

[quote name='Theduck']Opinions are like assholes: You're an asshole.[/QUOTE]

That's pretty funny. And accurate.

All I ask is to hold the hyperbole. Dark Knight will likely be an excellent movie, and Ledger is a damned fine actor. I'll miss his performances, even if I'm ambivalent towards his death.

But "greatest acting roles of the century" is stretching things far beyond reality.

[quote name='mykevermin']That's pretty funny. And accurate.

All I ask is to hold the hyperbole. Dark Knight will likely be an excellent movie, and Ledger is a damned fine actor. I'll miss his performances, even if I'm ambivalent towards his death.

But "greatest acting roles of the century" is stretching things far beyond reality.[/QUOTE]

well to be fair its only 2008 so his chance for greatest acting role of the century is a lot greater than say a movie that came out in 1998

Final word for those concerned about The Dark Knight:

Harry Knowles has reported that a source has confirmed that Ledger had completely finished all of the dubbing and other post-production work for the film, so there will be no need for any sound-alikes to dub in any of his lines or anything, which some people were worried about. It'll be all him in The Dark Knight, and, at least, it looks like he'll be going out with a bang of a performance.

its a shame to hear about a young actor die, regardless if it was a suicide or otherwise, I feel bad about his daughter

now if they are gonna continue The Batman saga and they have plans with The Joker character what happens then

[quote name='Nate1986']its a shame to hear about a young actor die, regardless if it was a suicide or otherwise, I feel bad about his daughter

now if they are gonna continue The Batman saga and they have plans with The Joker character what happens then[/QUOTE]

We had different Batmans, so I'm sure different Jokers isn't out of the question. I think Heath's acting looked great in the previews for The Dark Knight.

Joker's body is usually never found when he is supposedly killed off in the comics, but maybe they will actually kill him off a la the original Batman with Michael Keaton. It would be a shame to kill him off in the second movie because he's such a great character. I hope someone else plays the role near the end of this Batman run.

I'm hoping WB doesn't order to have a lot of the cool scenes cut out because they are afraid the public might take the lines Heath delivers to heart.

I want to see the real deal, so I hope they HONOR Heath by letting the movie be shown in its ENTIRETY.

This whole situation reminds me of The Crow with Brandon Lee.

OMG GET YOUR CONSPIRACY THEORIES OUT!!! WHOEVER KILLED BRANDON LEE MAY BE INVOLVED IN HEATH LEDGER'S DEATH~!!#!

[quote name='2Fast']If this guy committed suicide (not saying he did) then what hope do us regular guys have?

R.I.P Heath.[/QUOTE]

I've been asking the same question of myself since River Phoenix died of a coke overdose.

Owen Wilson's recent pathetic suicide attempt also comes to mind.

[quote name='Zen Davis']According to the family the death was accidental and Heath may have been sick with PNEUMONIA.[/QUOTE]

It's too bad. He probably OD'd on pills to boot thinking "oh, well, one made me feel pretty good, let me try two or three!"

The reason I suggest that because when I worked in the hospital, a lot of patients had that mentality. If one works, then two must work better!

[quote name='opportunity777']We had different Batmans, so I'm sure different Jokers isn't out of the question. I think Heath's acting looked great in the previews for The Dark Knight.

Joker's body is usually never found when he is supposedly killed off in the comics, but maybe they will actually kill him off a la the original Batman with Michael Keaton. It would be a shame to kill him off in the second movie because he's such a great character. I hope someone else plays the role near the end of this Batman run.

I'm hoping WB doesn't order to have a lot of the cool scenes cut out because they are afraid the public might take the lines Heath delivers to heart.

I want to see the real deal, so I hope they HONOR Heath by letting the movie be shown in its ENTIRETY.

This whole situation reminds me of The Crow with Brandon Lee.

OMG GET YOUR CONSPIRACY THEORIES OUT!!! WHOEVER KILLED BRANDON LEE MAY BE INVOLVED IN HEATH LEDGER'S DEATH~!!#!

I've been asking the same question of myself since River Phoenix died of a coke overdose.

Owen Wilson's recent pathetic suicide attempt also comes to mind.[/QUOTE]

They will end up cuting parts out and dedicate it to him. Chances are an unrated version will come out with the stuff that was cut. I'm also sure people will protest like they did with Queen of the damned.

[quote name='sendme']They will end up cuting parts out and dedicate it to him. Chances are an unrated version will come out with the stuff that was cut. I'm also sure people will protest like they did with Queen of the damned.[/QUOTE]

I don't know why people should protest.

Maybe I should protest the next time I see Marlon Brando on TV. He's been dead for a while now, but I'm still not over it. It's too early.

I stayed away from Live Free or Die Hard until the unrated version came out because I didn't think it could live up to my ridiculous action movie standards at a PG-13 rating. Alas, I guess I will probably wait again for an unrated / uncut BR of this movie as well. I was actually looking forward to this one, and I can't say I have ever looked forward to a Batman movie in my life.

I find the whole situation interesting.

[quote name='Dkellar']"The challenge of the role put a strain on Ledger's sleep patterns, finding himself unable to rest for more than a few hours each night.[9]"

Right from the wikipedia page about The Dark Knight. This would explain why he was using the sleeping pills. Probably an accidental overdose.[/QUOTE]

Lack of sleep can lead to a person wanting to kill themselves.

[quote name='sendme']I'm also sure people will protest like they did with Queen of the damned.[/QUOTE]
Protest over Queen of the Damned? What are you talking about? I recall no such thing. I don't recall seeing people waving banners around outside of theaters because Aaliyah died. In fact, if anything, her untimely death probably attracted more attention to an otherwise worthless film.

What is there to protest, exactly? Why would people be upset? Fans are going to want to see his last work; no one is stupid enough to think that WB is exploiting anything by using footage of an actor who just happened to die.

I also don't think they'll cut any lines out of concern that they might sound "too close to life" or anything like that; I suspect that they have enough respect for the guy to use his final performance the way it was meant to be.

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']I also don't think they'll cut any lines out of concern that they might sound "too close to life" or anything like that; I suspect that they have enough respect for the guy to use his final performance the way it was meant to be.[/quote]

was just thinking the exact same thing

[quote name='sendme']I'm also sure people will protest like they did with Queen of the damned.[/quote]

I want to protest Queen of the Damned because it was a crappy movie.

Crazy Cruise killed off any decent Anne Rice movies by doing Interview with a Vampire.

Eh, whatever; Whichever way makes you look more alternative.[/quote]

I rarely agree with you but that was funny, good show! :lol:

bread's done
Back