Heavenly Sword $19.96 NEW @ Walmart

thebytewasbit

CAGiversary!
I created a thread earlier about this being $39.99 @ Game Crazy, but I don't know how to delete that thread (or if I can), so mods feel free to delete my other thread.

Anyways, I was @ Walmart & saw that Heavenly Sword is now $19.96 there. They had quite a few copies.

Damnit I was just there tonight getting the Metal Gear Solid Collection, now hearing this and Folklore are 20 bucks at walmart makes me wanna kick myself for not looking, but didnt know that i should be till i got home lol

[quote name='Izod517']Folklore's been $20 at Wal-Mart for over a year - where were you![/QUOTE]

What does that have to do with Heavenly Sword priced at $20?

Between this, SOCOM bluetooth bundle, MGS collection, Folklore, & FO3 GOTY ps3 @ Sears, I'm gonna have to pick & choose! LOL

I have to think that this title is nearing a 19.99 MSRP. It's been out a very long time and it is a first party game, after all. I'll wait until Amazon matches since I'm in no worry and I prefer to NOT give Wal Mart my money.

I would pick this up if somebody could get me past the damn shooting arrows part of the game at the beginning. I couldn't hit anything with those things.

[quote name='lllGurulll']I would pick this up if somebody could get me past the damn shooting arrows part of the game at the beginning. I couldn't hit anything with those things.[/QUOTE]

I assume you're using the sixaxis to control the arrows? If so just change it to use the analog sticks, makes it a LOT easier. There now go and buy it :bouncy::bouncy:

[quote name='Saix_XIII']I assume you're using the sixaxis to control the arrows? If so just change it to use the analog sticks, makes it a LOT easier. There now go and buy it :bouncy::bouncy:[/QUOTE]
I had no idea that was an option.:bomb:

[quote name='blissskr']Should add Ymmv to title as my local walmart still has it at 56.98.[/QUOTE]
:hot:

That is NUTS. Surely people are not paying that for it.

Actually, it went down to $9.99 at Sears if you can find a copy. It's where I picked it up again for collection and I see it in stock every once in a while.

It's amazing how long some of these PS3 launch titles have held their full retail price. Definitely worth it for $20.

[quote name='rpnguyen']What does that have to do with Heavenly Sword priced at $20?[/QUOTE]

reading is fundamental.

i will be checking my walmart. thanks op.

Very good price for this game. It's rather short but @ $20, I don't really mind. Now at this point, I can't really blame anyone for just putting that cash towards GoWIII but if you're a fan of the genre, worth checking out IMO.

[quote name='freelancer85']Actually, it went down to $9.99 at Sears if you can find a copy. It's where I picked it up again for collection and I see it in stock every once in a while.[/QUOTE]
I think my Sears is the only one that never participates in these sales.

[quote name='hpv']It's amazing how long some of these PS3 launch titles have held their full retail price. Definitely worth it for $20.[/QUOTE]

This wasn't a launch title. It came out nearly a year after the PS3 was released.

[quote name='rpnguyen']What does that have to do with Heavenly Sword priced at $20?[/QUOTE]

I was replying to the post above me.... :roll: And what exactly does your post have to do with Heavenly Sword being $20 at WalMart?

[quote name='jamesesdad']its obscene this mediocre god of war clone is only now going down to 20 dollars.[/QUOTE]

Actually, I enjoyed this more than I enjoyed God of War 2, so to each his own. It's a good game, and a definite buy at $20.00.

[quote name='Izod517']Folklore's been $20 at Wal-Mart for over a year - where were you![/QUOTE]

LOL.....wow...... just......WOW!!

[quote name='thebytewasbit']Between this, SOCOM bluetooth bundle, MGS collection, Folklore, & FO3 GOTY ps3 @ Sears, I'm gonna have to pick & choose! LOL[/QUOTE]

Well, Socom is terrible (eBayed it), and I never use my bluetooth headset.

[quote name='linkmon']LOL.....wow...... just......WOW!![/QUOTE]

I was replying to the post above me, seriously are you people fucking blind? I'm sooo sorry I didn't waste space by quoting the person DIRECTLY above me who said:

Damnit I was just there tonight getting the Metal Gear Solid Collection, now hearing this and Folklore are 20 bucks at walmart makes me wanna kick myself for not looking, but didnt know that i should be till i got home lol

[quote name='thebytewasbit']Between this, SOCOM bluetooth bundle, MGS collection, Folklore, & FO3 GOTY ps3 @ Sears, I'm gonna have to pick & choose! LOL[/QUOTE]

Is the bluetooth bundle on clearance or something? I've been looking for a headset.

[quote name='Izod517']I was replying to the post above me, seriously are you people fucking blind? I'm sooo sorry I didn't waste space by quoting the person DIRECTLY above me who said:[/QUOTE]

I actually read it correctly. That's why i said RIF.

Online says 56 but in store it could be marked down. Was waiting for the to drop price and it is a steal at $20. Never played but will try to find it now.

[quote name='ssjmichael']This wasn't a launch title. It came out nearly a year after the PS3 was released.[/QUOTE]

I would have sworn it was a launch title. Maybe it's because it really stood out among the first batch of ps3 games.

[quote name='confoosious']I actually read it correctly. That's why i said RIF.[/QUOTE]

Yar, thanks confoo. Think you were the only one who did, lol.

[quote name='Shimrra']Wow if only there was a Walmart by me I'd jump on this.[/QUOTE]

Even if there were Walmarts around you there is no guarentee that the game would be in stock at any of the stores.

All the ones around me don't have it in stock within a 50 mile radius.

[quote name='ssjmichael']This wasn't a launch title. It came out nearly a year after the PS3 was released.[/QUOTE]

who the fuck cares, do you feel better about yourself now that you corrected him? We all should have known it wasn't released in the 'launch window', but rather 10 months within the systems launch. Shame on him. Get a life looser.

I don't have any problem with this being its own thread instead of buried in the big Wal-Mart thread, but it should at least say YMMV in the title.

WalMart standard prices are always horrible. That's why if u find a cheap game elsewhere for $20, you can usually return at WM for $60 cuz their prices are so out of whack. And i know its kind of wrong, but so is charging $60 for a 1 1/2 year old game.

[quote name='Apathetic-Irony']Amazing that this title is just now going down to $20.[/QUOTE]
It isn't. I haven't found this NEW for under $40 yet.

correction i had to run back to wal mart and a couple of workers were gathered around the games, marking some of them all down. not to bring this back up, but i also noticed a new stack of forklore that wasnt there earlier as well.

[quote name='lllGurulll']I would pick this up if somebody could get me past the damn shooting arrows part of the game at the beginning. I couldn't hit anything with those things.[/QUOTE]

Uh, I hate to break this to you, but that was near the END of the game. Yep, It's that short. I thought the game was killer. Loved the combat and the graphics are still some of the best I've seen. The voice acting was probably close to the best of any game ever. FATAL FLAW: 6 hours of gameplay. :cry:

[quote name='Metroid64']Uh, I hate to break this to you, but that was near the END of the game. Yep, It's that short. I thought the game was killer. Loved the combat and the graphics are still some of the best I've seen. The voice acting was probably close to the best of any game ever. FATAL FLAW: 6 hours of gameplay. :cry:[/QUOTE]

There's a shooting arrows part in one of the earlier chapters too. The key is to follow the path of the arrows and use your sixaxis to make slight movements. I hated it at first, but it became realy fun and immersive after I got the hang of it

[quote name='ssjmichael']There's a shooting arrows part in one of the earlier chapters too. The key is to follow the path of the arrows and use your sixaxis to make slight movements. I hated it at first, but it became realy fun and immersive after I got the hang of it[/QUOTE]

Hmmm, if I've already forgotten that part then it is time to replay the game! Thanks.

[quote name='Metroid64']Uh, I hate to break this to you, but that was near the END of the game. Yep, It's that short. I thought the game was killer. Loved the combat and the graphics are still some of the best I've seen. The voice acting was probably close to the best of any game ever. FATAL FLAW: 6 hours of gameplay. :cry:[/QUOTE]

[quote name='ssjmichael']There's a shooting arrows part in one of the earlier chapters too. The key is to follow the path of the arrows and use your sixaxis to make slight movements. I hated it at first, but it became realy fun and immersive after I got the hang of it[/QUOTE]
Yep, it was the second level. Irritated the crap out of me that I couldn't get past the friggin second level because of a tacked on sixaxis gameplay requirement.

bread's done
Back