Heavenly Sword $28.31 shipped @ Amazon

nice, but still gonna wait til it goes lower. at the same time this is one of those games that never goes down in price. oh! decisions, decisions!

Thanks, OP.

Polo, like a lot of PS3 exclusives that stay at full retail for way too long, you can often find deals on eBay. I've seen new copies go for as low as $20 shipped.

[quote name='polo14player']nice, but still gonna wait til it goes lower. at the same time this is one of those games that never goes down in price. oh! decisions, decisions![/QUOTE]

Exactly. I am afraid that by tomorrow it will go back to its original price.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']Thanks, OP.

Polo, like a lot of PS3 exclusives that stay at full retail for way too long, you can often find deals on eBay. I've seen new copies go for as low as $20 shipped.[/QUOTE]

Enjoy, I know I finally will :bouncy:

[quote name='opportunity777']I got mine from eBay new and sealed for $17 shipped or something like that.[/QUOTE]

Oh, you lucky.... you.

Been wanting to buy this for awhile, good price but think I'll wait till it drops to $20 or below before finally biting on it...heard it was great but super short.

I was able to order this for $21.16 from Gamestop.com with cag16+ edge last week and felt like that was a decent price. Anyone else who's found it for cheaper new or used should consider themselves lucky.

I picked this up on Target clearance the winter following the PS3 launch for $14, which was too much. AFAIK it still lacks trophies. Rent it, if you can find it on shelves anywhere.

[quote name='wasurenai']It's 5 hours long with no replayability. A tech demo at best. I could hardly justify even $20 for it.[/QUOTE]

That's just not true. It's around 6-8 hours like most games now (sadly), and has the same replayability a god of war title would have (well, okay a little less). Still a great game for $20.

Amazing this is what's considered a deal on this game given that it came out in 2007. Oh Sony, why must your exclusives stay so high for so long. :bomb:

[quote name='wasurenai']It's 5 hours long with no replayability. A tech demo at best. I could hardly justify even $20 for it.[/QUOTE]

Most tech demos don't run five hours.

[quote name='the_punisher']That's just not true. It's around 6-8 hours like most games now (sadly), and has the same replayability a god of war title would have (well, okay a little less). Still a great game for $20.[/QUOTE]

I agree. I also think it made great use of the sixaxis with that "twing twang" bow and arrow game (once you got the hang of it).

Also calling this a tech demo because it's short borders on idiocy. The game no doubt takes a lot from God of War in terms of gameplay, but I also think it has a lot of unique qualities too. I thought the acting was also superb as well, especially from Andy Serkis and the motion caputre work is top-notch. The last few battles in the game were nothing short of epic. This is definitely an underrated game in my view.

I still can't believe it's this game is that high. A friend of mine gave me his copy a good while back and upon finishing it, I returned it back saying "Thanks, but please take it back".

Not a bad game by any means, but there's no way I could justify it for 30 odd dollars...

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']Thanks, OP.

Polo, like a lot of PS3 exclusives that stay at full retail for way too long, you can often find deals on eBay. I've seen new copies go for as low as $20 shipped.[/QUOTE]
Sure, but when it comes, it'll look like someone sat on it even though it's "new" and "sealed." I personally think a ton of "new" ebay games are resealed.

[quote name='ssjmichael']I agree. I also think it made great use of the sixaxis with that "twing twang" bow and arrow game (once you got the hang of it).
[/QUOTE]

Really, I also thought that felt especially tacked-on and detracted from the experience. That feature also felt to me like a forced tech-demo (not as bad as the shake off the chimera stupid/forced-feature but it still felt really bad) at least that is exactly what I was thinking at the time I played it. It certainly smacked of the late addition of motion control to the ps3 features that many launch era games saw.

It's a rent at best. If you can probably find it for $20 and then resell it for the same or a little less go for it, make your own decisions.

[quote name='bvharris']Amazing this is what's considered a deal on this game given that it came out in 2007. Oh Sony, why must your exclusives stay so high for so long. :bomb:[/QUOTE]

Maybe it would be lower if they finally released a Greatest Hits version.

[quote name='ssjmichael']
Also calling this a tech demo because it's short borders on idiocy.[/QUOTE]

It's a tech demo because it was marketed to publishers and game designers as much as it was to consumers. The game was a focal point for Sony to show what the PS3 was capable of in the hands of small developers (in this case, Ninja Theory, though they happened to have lots of Sony dollars in their pockets at the time). The money Sony poured into the development of the game is likely a chief reason why it never graduated to "greatest hits" status, even though the game itself has sold in excess of a million copies worldwide.

Most game stores I've been to still has it at $60 and like $50 used which is just too funny. Game was too short to be worth anything over $20.

[quote name='grumpier']Wtf seriously? This was $15 two years ago on BF on amazon. Its still that high?[/QUOTE]

it was 19.95 then, not $15. That's when I ordered it.

[quote name='wasurenai']It's a tech demo because it was marketed to publishers and game designers as much as it was to consumers. The game was a focal point for Sony to show what the PS3 was capable of in the hands of small developers (in this case, Ninja Theory, though they happened to have lots of Sony dollars in their pockets at the time). The money Sony poured into the development of the game is likely a chief reason why it never graduated to "greatest hits" status, even though the game itself has sold in excess of a million copies worldwide.[/QUOTE]

You clearly don't understand what a tech demo is then. According to you, many games this generation would fit under the tech demo moniker.

This game drove me nuts... The gameplay isn't horrid, but the dialogue.. My god, the dialogue! It's so bad that I've never actually gotten around to finishing the game.

I got this...in 2008 for 20 dollars off Gamefly (back when it seemed they had good selection). Surprised this is set at such a high price now.

It's $21 (used) at Gohastings btw. Just wait for a 20/30% off sale, or a B2G1 sale and pick it up then. Even at $23ish shipped it's a good deal

This is an OK GoW clone. I don't think it is worth $28 but the damn thing never drops. I got a copy from Goozex a year ago.

[quote name='Methadon']I'd buy this @ $20 if they'd give it a trophy patch....[/QUOTE]

yes with a trophy patch this game would easily be worth 25-30....

Fun fact for Fringe fans. Anna Torv played the voice of the main character Nariko in the video game Heavenly Sword where her face was also used for the character model.

[quote name='ssjmichael']You clearly don't understand what a tech demo is then. According to you, many games this generation would fit under the tech demo moniker.[/QUOTE]

Alas, your perceptions of what constitutes a tech demo differ from my own. Perhaps with your infinite wisdom and majesty you will be able to change my mind.

Buuuuut probably not. In the meantime, I still don't believe this game is worth $20.

[quote name='wasurenai']Alas, your perceptions of what constitutes a tech demo differ from my own. Perhaps with your infinite wisdom and majesty you will be able to change my mind.

Buuuuut probably not. In the meantime, I still don't believe this game is worth $20.[/QUOTE]

Yes surely these are just my perceptions. According to Wikipedia:

A tech demo (technology demonstration) is a prototype, rough example or an otherwise incomplete version of a product, put together with the primary purpose of showcasing the idea, performance, method or the features of the product. They can be used as demonstrations to the investors, partners, journalists or even to potential customers in order to convince them of the viability of the chosen approach.

Is Heavenly Sword a prototype, rough example or otherwise incomplete version of a product? No. Don't let me stop you from holding on to that ignorance though.

Heavenly Sword Quick Review!
The good:
Great visual design
Sharp Controls(Except for maybe the six axis part)
Game runs smooth
Great voice acting

The bad:
It's too short.

This game goes for 27 bucks used at gamestop. Great thing about PS3 users is that they get their used games like new lulz.

Simma down kids lol. I was gonna Goozex this game, it's sitting at $30 (600) points right now but now I'm tempted to go for new. I had been watching the price tracker daily looking for a price drop too, of course the day I don't check though..

[quote name='ssjmichael']Is Heavenly Sword a prototype, rough example or otherwise incomplete version of a product?[/QUOTE]

Yes.

Next question?

I'm just gonna say that someone who calls heavenly sword a "tech demo" is very ill informed that's all I'm gonna say about that cause I don't want to get into an internet flame war with an idiot cause there's no way too win.

Anyway back on topic heavenly sword is fun but it's super short. I think the motion control arrows and cannon balls are kinda annoying but it's a cool idea. The game was overall rather fun. I think the game is a better rental because there is basically no replayability and it can be completed in a day or two.

At least the developers didn't add fetch quests or back tracking in an attempt to make the game longer. The ride is short but fun. The question is would you pay 30 bucks for 6 hours of fun? There is a "hell mode" after you beat the game that unlocks some videos if your into that kind of thing. If your the kind of gamer who beats the game then never plays it again I suggest you just rent it.

bread's done
Back