Heavenly Sword 4.99 BBV

KILLER TREKKY

CAGiversary!
Was in Blockbuster today and picked up Heavenly Sword for PS3 for 4.99 (got it free with 3 other games I bought to trade in with the Buy 9.99, get 4.99 free).

Pretty good deal for what I've heard is a good game. It's 39.99 at EB, but with a $2 TIV :drool: (tivs.ca).

It's really button mashy, even moreso than most fighting games, but for 5 bucks you really can't go wrong.

I think it's regular price.. but along with many other AAA $4.99 titles (Zelda: Twilight Princess, etc) it's next to impossible to find in stock.

[quote name='Griptor']And this is new?[/QUOTE]

Of course not. The "buy 1 at 9.99, get 1 at 4.99 free" promo only applies to used games. But you'd be lucky to find this game anywhere now, you got lucky, OP! :applause:

It was a decent enough game, and yeah EB still sells it for too much considering how long it's been out :?:. I know the Hwy 7/Pine Valley location in Woodbridge had one a while back, maybe it's still there if anyone wants to snag it.

Yeah, I was looking through the bin of games, for titles I could trade at EB (Harry Potters and stuff :p), then the manager came over with this big pile of games she had just taken off the shelf (rentals) and put on the sale list. They had a couple cool ones, but Heavenly Sword really caught my eye.

Grabbed the last copy of it at the blockbuster on upper james, hamilton, ontario :D :D :D :D And as the cashier said, it is dirt ass cheap! Note to everyone, it was by the 360 games, not with the ps3 used games, so take a look there as well.

heavenly sword was impossible hard to find in the montreal area.
But i did find one BBV that forgot to remove the "buy a 10$ games get a 5$ game free" sign so I got that deal on some other old games...

I grabbed Ninja Gaiden Sigma (ps3), Bioshock (360), and Dirt (Ps3) all for 4.99 today at BBV.

too bad the "buy 9.99 game get a free 4.99 one" deal is done.. it looks like they just saved putting all these new 4.99 titles out until that deal finished. I also saw Blue Dragon for 4.99 but passed on it.

Lair and Dirt were $4.99 at mine. Picked up Dirt, but the disc has what looks like a deep scratch :/
Will they hassle me if I try to return it?

Asked a teller about the price of "Heavenly Sword" for PS3, the dude just did a search and found it used at another location. Reserved it, and I picked it up for $4.99. Huzzah.

picked up heavenly sword and ninja gaiden sigma. But they didn't give me the instructional manuals for either of the games. Is this common with blockbuster? do they just throw out the manuals?

No they don't toss manuals. They're used games, possibly former rentals even. So incomplete copies aren't uncommon. If you care you need to pay attention to what you're getting.

[quote name='Cthulhu8u']Lair and Dirt were $4.99 at mine. Picked up Dirt, but the disc has what looks like a deep scratch :/
Will they hassle me if I try to return it?[/QUOTE]

i think the thing with bbv is that theyll charge a restalking fee for returns
oh my bad i forgot ppl do hoard credits and are content on keeping store credit instead of getting good old cash back on recent buys cuz they are just using the credits theyve hoarded to get the game in the first place:p theres the option to exchange for something else you like

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='lowlowgoodprice']i think the thing with bbv is that theyll charge a restalking fee for returns[/QUOTE]

I've returned there a couple of times without any restocking fee. Usually it's only a store credit you get, unless you where told otherwise.

[quote name='lowlowgoodprice']i think the thing with bbv is that theyll charge a restalking fee for returns[/QUOTE]

Ya service at BBV has gone down the shitter as of late. I remember the good old days when I could just buy stuff from them and not be bothered. Now they follow me around for days after I purchase a game. I'm always looking over my shoulder. I get calls in the middle of the night and all I hear is breathing. I swear I think they even watch me sleep.

Then when I want to return said game, they charge me a restalking fee, and it happens all over again. I think they are taking the term "go the extra mile" a little too literally.

I have to go, I think I hear someone in the bushes...

[quote name='imcrazy']Ya service at BBV has gone down the shitter as of late. I remember the good old days when I could just buy stuff from them and not be bothered. Now they follow me around for days after I purchase a game. I'm always looking over my shoulder. I get calls in the middle of the night and all I hear is breathing. I swear I think they even watch me sleep[/QUOTE]

Now I see why your names imcrazy. Everyone knows BBV's employees aren't that committed. :lol:

I'm keeping the game anyway, I played it and it seems to work fine. The only other $4.99 alternative was Lair. And to be on the safe side, I don't want to get stalked.

PS: Just to add to the list, I've seen Untold Legends $4.99. The trend I've noticed for the PS3 selection is games without trophy support.

bread's done
Back