Heavenly Sword Pre-Order: $46 shipped at FamilyVideo.com AC

aaronmills

CAGiversary!
Feedback
8 (100%)
With the demo now out for Heavenly Sword I thought I'd search around for the best pre-order price. Here's what I came up with...

Heavenly Sword for $49.97 at FamilyVideo.com

Use Coupon Code NEWPGMEM to take $5 off for new members (code is verified as working) or Coupon Code NEWMEM3F to take $3 off for return customers (I have not personally tried this code yet, but it should work).

Shipping is $0.99.

New members total is $45.96 shipped...return customers would be $47.96 shipped.

Amazon.com doesn't have a price yet, but judging by the fact that Assasin's Creed is $59.99 I'd expect it to be around the same price. I also checked LionGames and didn't see anything on Tony's site yet either so if you really feel like getting ahead of the game this seems like the way to go.

[quote name='codeninja']The demo on ps3 was a meh at best. I don't know what happened since the E3 2006, but all the charms are gone, and became a generic beat'em up with major frame rate issues.[/QUOTE]

Short but sweet. I think I'm with the majority when I say that the fighting stances and countering stuff keeps this from being a clone. I mean, yeah, it has a lot in common with God of War, but the combat has a lot more depth to it.

Plus I like the story a lot better already for HS than I ever did for GOW.

Kratos: I SMOLDER WITH GENERIC RAGE.
PS2 users: *swoon*

There are no games out there that make me miss the next-gen as much as this game right now :whistle2:( Too bad law school is pretty much taking up every dollar I have, otherwise I'd love to get my hands on a PS3 for this title.

[quote name='jedijeff']I tried to pre-order another game using the returning customer coupon code but it wouldn't work. Could someone please verify the code and let me know if it still works?[/quote]

I tried the code again tonight and this time it worked. Not sure if my previous order had to be verified or what, but I'll take an extra $3 off whenever I can.:)

done and done. i preordered Spider-Man 3 from them back a few months ago and everything went smoothly, got the game within a matter of days (and i'm out in Hawaii too). glad to see there's some love for returning customers with the $3 coupon. first game for my new PS3 - woot!

I was a new member, and the coupon applied correctly, but then I never got a confirmation email. Does anyone know whether Family Video waits to send emails until the package ships?

[quote name='codeninja']The demo on ps3 was a meh at best. I don't know what happened since the E3 2006, but all the charms are gone, and became a generic beat'em up with major frame rate issues.[/QUOTE]

The demo IS very old--don't be so hasty in judging this game, especially based on the demo. If you want a much more recent, in-depth analysis of Heavenly Sword, check out "The 1up Show" episode from 7/27/07)

Each time I look at another Heavenly Sword video at 1Up, it makes me want to play this game that much more :D

[quote name='sventhebruin']What debacle with Gears??[/QUOTE]

I preordered it long before release, and they didn't ship it out until well after. In fact people who ordered AFTER me had their's shipped first.

WarHawk is $52.99.

So with it comes out to be either $48.98 or $50.98 with shipping.

The PSN version is $39.99, but if you need a BT Headset, you can grab one with this package for only $9-11 more along with all the extras.

I got in on this deal. Considering all the good games coming out I can wait a few days to get the game to save some money.

Just decided to bite on this. Had decided to cancel my EB preorder, since $66 (after tax) was too rich for my blood given its reported length. I told a friend today that I'd bite on it for $40, and $46 is close enough.

I'm assuming they don't charge until they ship, right?

The review is up on IGN now. Looks like the game is only about 6 hours long. I was gonna get this deal but it looks like I might be renting now.

i got in on this deal early on, and decided to cancel due to the length of the game. ill probably wait til its 29.99 or just rent it.

For those of you waiting, what is the current status of your order? Mine has said "In Fullfillment" for the past few days and I'm hoping it changes to shipped soon.

[quote name='gamer4432']Has anyone's pre-order shipped out yet? Mine hasnt.[/QUOTE]

Not mine. Still in "In Fulfillment" stage. I will give them a week to ship before I cancel.

I went ahead and bit on this. On one end, I know it's controversial because it's short. And I know FV is listing them "backordered"; but I feel like I should have ONE PS3 game at least, and given a choice inbetween Lair or Heavenly Sword I think it's kind of a no-brainer. Even if it means I have to wait for a bit for them to get in more copies.

Besides, I, like the OP - looked around for a bit and it's going for 60 in most places. 45 is actually pretty good.

[quote name='jadedcritic']I went ahead and bit on this. On one end, I know it's controversial because it's short. And I know FV is listing them "backordered"; but I feel like I should have ONE PS3 game at least, and given a choice inbetween Lair or Heavenly Sword I think it's kind of a no-brainer. Even if it means I have to wait for a bit for them to get in more copies.

Besides, I, like the OP - looked around for a bit and it's going for 60 in most places. 45 is actually pretty good.[/QUOTE]

Interesting, I just looked on FV site and the Availability shows: IN STOCK: This product usually ships within 1 Business Day.

Ordered mine at the end of July, says "In Fulfillment." Not worried, since I JUST got Lair from Overstock. I can wait a few weeks for it.

I emailed them on 9/10 to cancel and they say they can't cause the order is going to be shipped soon.

They recommend I write Return to Sender on the package and send it back to them to get a refund.

I guess it ain't too bad since shipping is only 99 cents.

They'd be the kings of cheap new games if their process was a lot quicker. If they had the muscle to recieve and ship games on Tuesdays instead of Thursdays, I'd buy all my stuff from them.

[quote name='crunchb3rry']They'd be the kings of cheap new games if their process was a lot quicker. If they had the muscle to recieve and ship games on Tuesdays instead of Thursdays, I'd buy all my stuff from them.[/QUOTE]

The older I get, the more patient I think I become. Even if it's a game I'm desperate to receive, I still buy it from Family Video (e.g. Bioshock and Warhawk).
At the end of the day, I won't remember that I waited a few extra days, but I'll certainly remember that I saved money.

Heavenly Sword from FamVid is almost $20 saved, when you factor in tax. The thought of paying about $64 for a game kills me...

My copy that I ordered earlier this week is "In Fulfillment" as well. I couldn't find any information on their website that says what that means though. :\

Anyways, can't wait to get it. I'm not in too huge of a rush but hearing other people's impressions on message boards has me really excited.

[quote name='WilliamG']The older I get, the more patient I think I become. Even if it's a game I'm desperate to receive, I still buy it from Family Video (e.g. Bioshock and Warhawk).
At the end of the day, I won't remember that I waited a few extra days, but I'll certainly remember that I saved money.

Heavenly Sword from FamVid is almost $20 saved, when you factor in tax. The thought of paying about $64 for a game kills me...[/QUOTE]
Are there really CAGers who drop over $50 on games anymore? I mean, it's one thing if you're got credit somewhere, but even then, any game can be within 2 weeks of release for 20% off retail.

My order is in fulfillment as well, I clicked the view button next to the status and found this note at the bottom of the page
"08/27/2007 Marked For Review Hello,

Please call us at your earliest convenience. We need to verify your address information before we can process your shipment.

Thank you for choosing FamilyVideo.com as your choice for entertainment.

Your Friends at FamilyVideo.com

1-888-332-6843".

I am not going to call as I wanted to cancel the order anyway, but some of you may have this same message. It would have been nice of them to send an email if there is an issue with my order. Hope this helps.

I don't either but I would really like mine to switch from In Fullfillment to shipped. It would be nice to get this game before Halo 3 comes out.

[quote name='soulless']I don't either but I would really like mine to switch from In Fullfillment to shipped. It would be nice to get this game before Halo 3 comes out.[/quote]

That reminds me... now I'm afraid to pre-order halo 3 from them because if it takes this long to get Heavenly Sword, they must have a hella lot of Halo 3 preorders to get through

You guys also need to remember its only been 1 day.

Hell I bought NHL 08 from ToysRus.com during the madden 08 discount, they have bumped the release date 3 times now. Went from 9/11 (when the game actually came out) to 9/13 and now 9/15.

Has anyones order gone to shipping yet? I hate the way they do things at FV but I love that ships in IL a few miles from where I live. Last Game Lair I got in one business day, it shipped on the Sat before labor day I got it Tues!

My order says Shipped now.

Wow. It says shipped, but it shipped to my home address. I had requested a change of address for the order two months ago, and they confirmed it. I won't be ordering for these guys again, and I probably won't even get this before Halo 3 if it has to be shipped from home. I saved $0.

[quote name='gamer4432']Did they send you an email telling you it was shipped?[/QUOTE]

Mine still says "In Fullfillment". What's going on? Ack, and I have a Halo 3 Preorder with them too....

Anyone else have there's shipped?

Slow shipping, possibly lost packages through USPS, dissatisfied CAGs who wanted the game early but didn't get it.

The game did just come out yesterday, but people are already concerned.

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']Mines said shipped via email and fv order status![/quote]

Good for you I wish mine said shipped! I called though and they said it is shipping today for sure. So hopefully I will get an email and order status updated.

I sent an e-mail to see if my status would be switching to shipped anytime soon. The response I got was addressed to the wrong person and about Skate for 360. So if anyone named Daniella is reading this you will be happy to know your copy of Skate should be arriving today or close to today.

Still no update for me. no surprises here... I might just go pick it up at best buy today and return the family video one since they're taking so damn long. I did the same with Gears as well.

Family video is pure crap, shame on me for trying to order from them again...

[quote name='Zoglog']Still no update for me. no surprises here... I might just go pick it up at best buy today and return the family video one since they're taking so damn long. I did the same with Gears as well.

Family video is pure crap, shame on me for trying to order from them again...[/quote]

Yeah I was told it would ship for sure today but no update and now they are closed. Typical, not real reliable games are not a priority with these people :(
Oh BTW Lair shipped extra fast before I could cancel it LOL. They seem to ship crap they are stuck with pretty darn fast. Wink Wink.

Still never shipped mine:( I gave them a shot but they are awful. Its been in fulfillment for 4 days and still did not ship, so they keep you limbo, while holding your order hostage but then don't ship it.

Heh, I hadn't thought to check this thread until now - thought I was the only one. :p

At least I have other games to keep me busy, so no harm.

bread's done
Back