Heavenly Sword Pre-Order: $46 shipped at FamilyVideo.com AC

aaronmills

CAGiversary!
Feedback
8 (100%)
With the demo now out for Heavenly Sword I thought I'd search around for the best pre-order price. Here's what I came up with...

Heavenly Sword for $49.97 at FamilyVideo.com

Use Coupon Code NEWPGMEM to take $5 off for new members (code is verified as working) or Coupon Code NEWMEM3F to take $3 off for return customers (I have not personally tried this code yet, but it should work).

Shipping is $0.99.

New members total is $45.96 shipped...return customers would be $47.96 shipped.

Amazon.com doesn't have a price yet, but judging by the fact that Assasin's Creed is $59.99 I'd expect it to be around the same price. I also checked LionGames and didn't see anything on Tony's site yet either so if you really feel like getting ahead of the game this seems like the way to go.

Familyvideo's awesomeness never ceases to amaze. They shipped it to the wrong address even though I had a change requested (Again). And they entered in the wrong expiration date on my CC so i got a phone call from my credit card company this morning. Awesome..... They somehow shipped it out still... wtf?

I shall now beat myself over for dealing with these retards. At least it'll give me another invoice # to write some negative reviews AGAIN.

[quote name='tightclaws']Good for you I wish mine said shipped! I called though and they said it is shipping today for sure. So hopefully I will get an email and order status updated.[/quote]

I preordered like 1 day (09/12) before they shipped out (09/13). Thats kinda weird and I'm the lucky person to have them ship out the next day, yay!!! Mine will be deilvered by next Monday (09/17), since I selected Standard Shipping (5-10 Days).

wow...now I really feel horrible as I preorder it in early august and mine is still "in fullfilment" status :bomb:

....i'm officially done with these guys

I didn't really expect it to ship same day as release or anything. You get what you pay for, I guess. But I at least hoped it would be shipped before the weekend.

Luckily, I'm still finishing some other games and am not so much in a hurry. But for my first purchase there, it would've been nice to at least see some prompt service. They didn't answer any of my 2 emails as well. Live and learn.

its just that their service is ridiculously inconsistent

...like I ordered Blue Dragon a few days after it was released and it shipped THAT day!

....of course i've yet to actually receive it.....media mail :bomb:

and last year I ordered Gears of War only a couple of weeks early and that shipped the day it was released...

How do you cancel an order? Their site is such a mess I can't find it.

I'm not even going to bother trying to get Halo 3 from these guys if they can't ship Heavenly Sword in a timely manner.

[quote name='AgentOtaku']wow...now I really feel horrible as I preorder it in early august and mine is still "in fullfilment" status :bomb:

....i'm officially done with these guys[/QUOTE]

thats how familyvideo rolls. I learned my lesson NOT to preorder too early from these guys.

they did the EXACT same thing to me with Gears of war.

Actually better lesson is for all of you with horrible experiences to go and post reviews so EVERYONE knows not to buy from these idiots.

Thats sad for those who preordered WAY too early. If you want to preorder, just do it 1 day before the release date and they'll ship that order from those people who preordered yesterday. I never order anything from them, I'm happy to received the order status from my email! Hopefully, my order will come by next week! I'll have to wait to preorder Call of Duty 3 & Unreal Tournament 3 from that site 1 day before they ship out that order!

Thats sad for those who preordered WAY too early. If you want to preorder, just do it 1 day before the release date and they'll ship that order from those people who preordered yesterday. I never order anything from them, I'm happy to received the order status from my email! Hopefully, my order will come by next week! I'll have to wait to preorder Call of Duty 3 & Unreal Tournament 3 from that site 1 day before they ship out that order!

Got an email Saturday saying it shipped. I also ordered mine a couple days before it came out. Some of you guys need to chill. The official ship date of the game wasn't even until Wednesday when the normal date is a Monday.

If you can't handle a couple days wait, that's fine but I'll gladly take my $13 off (with tax) on new releases any day. It's not like they charge your card before they ship it either so they're not holding on to your money longer than they should.

Did anyone get a tracking #? mine says shipped but none.

And tanod, it's not the fact that they ship late only, but the fact that they shaft people who preorder EARLIER by shipping out later orders first AND that even though you call them to change the mailing addy they DON'T change it despite assuring you they will. Useless customer service at its finest.

[quote name='tanod']Got an email Saturday saying it shipped. I also ordered mine a couple days before it came out. Some of you guys need to chill. The official ship date of the game wasn't even until Wednesday when the normal date is a Monday.

If you can't handle a couple days wait, that's fine but I'll gladly take my $13 off (with tax) on new releases any day. It's not like they charge your card before they ship it either so they're not holding on to your money longer than they should.[/quote]

What the-? There's something wrong if they are handling the last orders first and the first orders last. I can understand why those people are getting upset.

[quote name='Zoglog']Did anyone get a tracking #? mine says shipped but none.

And tanod, it's not the fact that they ship late only, but the fact that they shaft people who preorder EARLIER by shipping out later orders first AND that even though you call them to change the mailing addy they DON'T change it despite assuring you they will. Useless customer service at its finest.[/quote] they dont offer tracking #s with the 99 cent shpping

I don't even care about late shipping and waiting until next for it to ship. What I do care about is thier lame customer service lying to me telling both times I called it would ship Friday 100% they flat out lied to my face on the phone twice. Plus they hold your order hostage by putting it in fulfillment last Mon. so you can't cancel it, but still not shipping it? Thats not right, Family Video sucks, my first order is my last order period.

Here is the Email I sent them I'm sure it won't do much but it makes me feel better:

I made My first order with Family video online. order xxxxxx. My first order will be my last order. Let me explain why, The order was placed a month and
half in advance. It was put in Fulfillment a Monday the 10th of Sept 2007. As of the 16th it has not shipped.
I was flat out lied to twice by your wonderful customer service, they said it would ship for sure on Friday when I called both Thurs. and Fri. It did not.
Not only that I was condescended to. I'm a 42 to year old successful business
person, Then on top of that you hold my order hostage with this fulfillment BS. Well if you don't have the game you except peoples cancellations and don't pull this kind of crap. I can't believe how long you claim to be in business, but it's certainly not your online store, it wont be online long either. Plus now I hear people that ordered the game day before and day of release already have been shipped. I ordered 6 weeks early and still you screw me over Im done with Family Video and well do the best to inform everyone I see talk to or get next to on a plane, a bus, subway, knows how awful FV is. Get your house in order, because this is not a sound foundation for a successful business. Oh those CS ladies who sound like they are too important to be bothered by your customers call really should be fired ASAP.
A completely unhappy ex-first time customer.
PS
If I want to be condescended, lied to, and felt completely ripped off I would have just gone to Best Buy in the first place.
PPS
people who buy games are real customers BTW, we buy lots of other stuff too, you better start to see it or Family Video is going to be hurting if you are not already. People forget a good deal, when the next one pops up, what they never forget even if you only did it once or if you think its something unimportant like say a video game in your opinion, is being lied to, treated poorly,simply awful service.

[quote name='tightclaws']Here is the Email I sent them I'm sure it won't do much but it makes me feel better:

.[/quote]

Amen Brother!!!!

I'm in no rush to get the game but i'm not ordering from familyvideo again. Retailers need to realize the the video game industry now grosses more than the film industry. Video Gamers are loyal and they drop considerable amounts of money. If a retailer wants to be a complete motard and not treat video game purchasers with a reasonable amount of professionalism then I say let their business rot.

I had no issues from my preorder. Although i did preorder LAIR :whistle2:(
I got it about 4 days after the release date which is fine by me.
Saved 13 +tax...But it is LAIR afterall so.. i think i really LOST 46.xx havent played it. Im scared to open it and decrease the value of thegame even more.

I haven't received a shipping confirmation either. And it appears like some of you here, that I was backburnered too. My order was placed July 27th. Sometimes Amazon pulls the same crap, but if I email them, they at least have the common courtesy to reply.

That thing better ship on Monday. I realize the shipping cost they're charging is cheap. But at least get the thing out in a timely manner whether it be media mail or whatever. Now it just seems as though they didn't have enough stock on hand and screwed the people who had earlier purchase dates and sent the most recent purchases out first.

[quote name='magykmyke']I haven't received a shipping confirmation either. And it appears like some of you here, that I was backburnered too. My order was placed July 27th. Sometimes Amazon pulls the same crap, but if I email them, they at least have the common courtesy to reply.

That thing better ship on Monday. I realize the shipping cost they're charging is cheap. But at least get the thing out in a timely manner whether it be media mail or whatever. Now it just seems as though they didn't have enough stock on hand and screwed the people who had earlier purchase dates and sent the most recent purchases out first.[/QUOTE]

Thats exactly the reason why I dont do business with EB anymore. I pre-ordered my 360 in full at my local store in the July before it came out. I was 5th on the list of people to get it. Come launch day, I call up to ask when I should come in, and they tell me "sorry, but you are 29th on the list" - why, because I didnt camp out the night before. I shouldnt have to when I made the smart decision to pay for it in full months beforehand.

I got it a month later, and havent done business with EB since, nor will I do business again with them.

The email is incredibly over dramatic for not shipping a game out the exact business day.
Weekends do not even count.
Hold on to your guys' knickers and deal with the bad, cheap service.
You knew the consequences of Family Video, most people mention it in every FV topic.

[quote name='McNutsack']The email is incredibly over dramatic for not shipping a game out the exact business day.
You knew the consequences of Family Video, most people mention it in every FV topic.[/quote]

..says the irish testicle

Yeah, I had a similar experience with Persona 3 and Metroid Prime 3.

I preordered Persona 3 a few days before it was scheduled for release and Metroid 3 a few months beforehand. I get Persona 3 in a few days and then Metroid 3 in a few weeks. It really seems their fulfillment algorithm is using a "stack" instead of a "queue" (gotta use Computer Science jargon when applicable!); which means they're giving service to people who pre-order closer to the release date.

Those are the only things I've ordered from them. They offer pretty good prices so I'm really not gonna complain. I can wait a few extra days for >$10 off. It's not like I'm hurting for things to do.

Well, on the positive side; at least I know I'm not alone in rising annoyance. I knew it was a risk; but I hoped a relatively safe one since the game had already shipped. My order has been "Marked for Review" since I placed it. About 4 days.

Intellectually, I know this is what happens when you try to save money - and I also know having to wait a while isn't the end of the world. Plus which I know you can't count the weekends - but that still gives them at least two days to "review". Deep down I had hoped to be able to play it when my console arrives, and UPS called; they're dropping off the PS3 tomorrow.

(irritation level...rising...rising)

[quote name='McNutsack']The email is incredibly over dramatic for not shipping a game out the exact business day.
You knew the consequences of Family Video, most people mention it in every FV topic.[/quote] Yeah, typically e-mails like that one do nothing more then make you sound like a nutjob. If you have a problem with them thats fine, but there are better ways to write your letters then that.

sigh, mines still showing up as IN FULFILLMENT (i pre-ordered a month ago)... can i cancel my order or it's too late?

never mind, i just sent an cancellation e-mail to FV. Sorry, i rather pay $15 more to have it in my hands this week than wait. Either now or later in the bargain bin.

[quote name='Serpentor']sigh, mines still showing up as IN FULFILLMENT (i pre-ordered a month ago)... can i cancel my order or it's too late?[/quote]

I thought I would step in here and explain a few things even though Family video is a competitor. When a video game comes out it is either a street dated or non street dated title. Street dated titles such as halo 3 get to the distributor in plenty of time so that all retailers get their product no later then street date. A non street dated title such Heavenly Sword arrives to my distributor right on street date, and then my distributor has to ship it out to me which is normally 2 days and sometimes 3. In this case heavenly sword released on thursday and I am getting my product to ship to my customers on tuesday. The delay here is not my fault or family videos vault. In my opinion this is the fault of the publisher for not caring about all retailers and making it a street dated title. All they would need to do to do this is to make sure all distributors are shipped a few days earlier so they can ship their retailers the product in time for street date. This is just a really stupid part of the gaming business. The dvd business does not have this problem as the movie studios are a bit smarter then the game publishers. The problem is sometimes this makes the small online retailers look bad but trust me it isnt in our control.

I cant speak for family video but I have a fulfillment account with my distributor. my normal process is the distributor ships the product to me and then I mail it to my customers. I do have the option of shipping the order directly to my customers and that would be in the fulfillment account. The problem is if it doesnt get shipped ups I found that my customers actaully received the product quicker by them shipping it to me first and me then mailing it to my customers first class mail or priority mail. The fulfillment account actaully goes media mail and that could take anywhere form a few days to a few weeks. When I mail the game from my distributor it actually goes to ups first and then ups drops it off at the post office and then the post office delivers it. Another problem I found it the delivery confirmation numbers dont get updated that often by doing it this way. That is why I elect to personally handle all USPS shipments on my end. Once again I dont know family videos policys and procedures but I am guessing this is just an industy scenirio and not bad customer service. Hopefully this explains a bit to you guys and gals. Have a good day

Tony-Liongames.com

[quote name='liongames']I thought I would step in here and explain a few things even though Family video is a competitor. When a video game comes out it is either a street dated or non street dated title. Street dated titles such as halo 3 get to the distributor in plenty of time so that all retailers get their product no later then street date. A non street dated title such Heavenly Sword arrives to my distributor right on street date, and then my distributor has to ship it out to me which is normally 2 days and sometimes 3. In this case heavenly sword released on thursday and I am getting my product to ship to my customers on tuesday. The delay here is not my fault or family videos vault. In my opinion this is the fault of the publisher for not caring about all retailers and making it a street dated title. All they would need to do to do this is to make sure all distributors are shipped a few days earlier so they can ship their retailers the product in time for street date. This is just a really stupid part of the gaming business. The dvd business does not have this problem as the movie studios are a bit smarter then the game publishers. The problem is sometimes this makes the small online retailers look bad but trust me it isnt in our control.

I cant speak for family video but I have a fulfillment account with my distributor. my normal process is the distributor ships the product to me and then I mail it to my customers. I do have the option of shipping the order directly to my customers and that would be in the fulfillment account. The problem is if it doesnt get shipped ups I found that my customers actaully received the product quicker by them shipping it to me first and me then mailing it to my customers first class mail or priority mail. The fulfillment account actaully goes media mail and that could take anywhere form a few days to a few weeks. When I mail the game from my distributor it actually goes to ups first and then ups drops it off at the post office and then the post office delivers it. Another problem I found it the delivery confirmation numbers dont get updated that often by doing it this way. That is why I elect to personally handle all USPS shipments on my end. Once again I dont know family videos policys and procedures but I am guessing this is just an industy scenirio and not bad customer service. Hopefully this explains a bit to you guys and gals. Have a good day

Tony-Liongames.com[/quote]

Thanks Tony, that does clear up the process quite a bit. I don't mind the waiting part so much but the lack of a clear description of what "In Fullfillment" means on FV's website did leave me worried. It would have been nice if they put up some form of status descriptions or at least gave that information to the customer when replying to an e-mail inquiry.

[quote name='liongames']I thought I would step in here and explain a few things even though Family video is a competitor. When a video game comes out it is either a street dated or non street dated title. Street dated titles such as halo 3 get to the distributor in plenty of time so that all retailers get their product no later then street date. A non street dated title such Heavenly Sword arrives to my distributor right on street date, and then my distributor has to ship it out to me which is normally 2 days and sometimes 3. In this case heavenly sword released on thursday and I am getting my product to ship to my customers on tuesday. The delay here is not my fault or family videos vault. In my opinion this is the fault of the publisher for not caring about all retailers and making it a street dated title. All they would need to do to do this is to make sure all distributors are shipped a few days earlier so they can ship their retailers the product in time for street date. This is just a really stupid part of the gaming business. The dvd business does not have this problem as the movie studios are a bit smarter then the game publishers. The problem is sometimes this makes the small online retailers look bad but trust me it isnt in our control.

Tony-Liongames.com[/quote]

Hey thanks Tony for adding your experience here, its not even that they did not ship, its how the customer service lied to me twice not just once and the fact that they hold your order hostage for over a week I might add then won't let you cancel it. Well also it appears they shipped a handful of orders but not others so, I don't think these things hold water for FV.
Not only that but they have it instock to buy on their website since Thurs sorry no excuses here.

Tony-Liongames.com[/QUOTE]

I would still argue some liability on the part of the seller. It seems to me that sellers have some obligation not to misrepresent when a game will and will not be available. At least in the case of non-street-date games, I would think businesses that intend to sell the product should make it clear that they will not have it until it arrives. Whether it be because of distribution issues or delays from the publisher.

I realize that I'm being a tad unsympathetic to small business, because my attitude basically requires that they advertise that they will have X game (2-3 days after the rest of world), but that's just the price of being honest. Seems to me that if they want it sooner - they ought to either be leaning on their distributors to get it out faster or finding other distributors.

I just called again, at least this time I got a decent rep, she promised to call me back or Email me what the heck is going on. There is some problem appearently. Supposed to call or email within an hour or two we will see.

Ahh well here's the deal they Called me back, the game is now offically back ordered. Two weeks is what they said. So you know what I can live with that but don't freaking lie to me. I kept the order I don't need the game today, as long as someone is not BSing me but what really sucks is they have a horrible buyer you take pre orders months in advance but can't cover them? Then some people on here say they ordered the day before and it shipped. FV has a lot a of work to do if they want my business again.

[quote name='tightclaws']Ahh well here's the deal they Called me back, the game is now offically back ordered. Two weeks is what they said. So you know what I can live with that but don't freaking lie to me. I kept the order I don't need the game today, as long as someone is not BSing me but what really sucks is they have a horrible buyer you take pre orders months in advance but can't cover them? Then some people on here say they ordered the day before and it shipped. FV has a lot a of work to do if they want my business again.[/QUOTE]

Backordered...two weeks...yet the website still says "in stock"; @#$@#$ this - I'm cancelling as soon as I can figure out how.

[quote name='jadedcritic']I would still argue some liability on the part of the seller. It seems to me that sellers have some obligation not to misrepresent when a game will and will not be available. At least in the case of non-street-date games, I would think businesses that intend to sell the product should make it clear that they will not have it until it arrives. Whether it be because of distribution issues or delays from the publisher.

I realize that I'm being a tad unsympathetic to small business, because my attitude basically requires that they advertise that they will have X game (2-3 days after the rest of world), but that's just the price of being honest. Seems to me that if they want it sooner - they ought to either be leaning on their distributors to get it out faster or finding other distributors.[/quote]

It isnt a question of changing distributors or leaning on distributors. The publishers ship everyone in the country the same day end of story. I think they should ship distributors early but they just refused to do it. It is very stupid.

It sounds like there's a problem because some folks are saying their orders shipped while others are saying they pre-ordered weeks in advance and their status hasn't changed. I don't think it's a case where FV's distributors back ordered the item or are slow--it sounds like FV just screwed up somehow.

[quote name='jadedcritic']Backordered...two weeks...yet the website still says "in stock"; @#$@#$ this - I'm cancelling as soon as I can figure out how.[/QUOTE]

You have to email them to cancel.

I'm going to email them again since it is backordered now. I didn't want it anyways.

[quote name='liongames']It isnt a question of changing distributors or leaning on distributors. The publishers ship everyone in the country the same day end of story. I think they should ship distributors early but they just refused to do it. It is very stupid.[/QUOTE]

Wouldn't begin to question you there, but it also wouldn't surprise me if the dsitributors aren't doing all they could. Do they overnight? It didn't sound like you thought much of their efforts, considering you've already said that it's getting to your customers faster if they ship to you and you ship to them. Maybe the solution isn't necessarily for the publishers to ship sooner - so much as for the distributors to ship faster.

Although at least in the case of FV, I really don't think this is about a 2-3 delay caused by a delay from the distributors - I think it's more likely that they're either incompetent - or word got out that they had a good price on Heavenly Sword and they weren't properly prepared for it. (They got slammed). In either case, I shan't be doing business with them again. It isn't that I'm unsympathetic to a couple days delay or if even the "sky is falling" to get a game a little later then most, but we're not talking about 2-3 day delay, we're talking about a month after ship date. I simply can't justify waiting that long for the savings, considering I could go down to the mall on lunch break and pick it up myself.

So is it backordered? The site says it'll ship in a day.

I e-mailed them using the stupid form letter generator on their site because I couldn't find any other area to contact them. They have the worst fucking website for trying to sell shit. A pain in the ass to do anything but place an order.

Tony-Liongames.com[/QUOTE]

That still doesn't explain why they should be shafting people who preorder earlier by shipping out LATER orders first. Also I called in to have my address changed and they assured me it was.... but still they shipped it to the old one. Great....

Most of my issues aren't with shipping delays

Fam Vid has always given priority to those that do not preorder, but instead buy the day before.
It's a consistent complaint, and I suggest we just start buying it last minute like the other people, see if that starts to fix these issues.

Although it seems simple to just ship out based upon the date ordered, like retail stores do.
A first come first server sorta' thing.
2 weeks is an amount of time that I would consider untolerable, I was expecting Monday at latest.
Oh well....Thank God for RPG's

now that this game is out, how is it?

from the sounds of it, not many people in this thread got it?

i preordered bioshock from them and it shipped the day before release.

So WTF is the point of a "preorder" anymore if you don't get it first? Same shit happened to me with Forza 2 buying from Amazon. My preorder took a week after the street date to show up while the site was listing post-launch orders shipping out within 24 hours.

These assholes should be satisfying preorders before normal sales.

[quote name='Phaethon360']My order says Shipped now.

Wow. It says shipped, but it shipped to my home address. I had requested a change of address for the order two months ago, and they confirmed it. I won't be ordering for these guys again, and I probably won't even get this before Halo 3 if it has to be shipped from home. I saved $0.[/quote]

Well it looks like I was wrong. Although the message I received informed me that the game shipped to my home address, it arrived here at my dorm. I'm glad, but confused.

Got my backorder email as well. What the fuck is wrong with this place? 6 week pre-order and I get a back-order email? Are you kidding me? By the time I even get this thing, I'll be knee deep into Halo 3 (don't fail me now, Liongames!).

There is no excuse to not have enough stock on hand for a pre-order 6 weeks old. That's bad business. Friggin ridiculous. I guess I'll just rent Heavenly Sword instead.

[quote name='crunchb3rry']So WTF is the point of a "preorder" anymore if you don't get it first? Same shit happened to me with Forza 2 buying from Amazon. My preorder took a week after the street date to show up while the site was listing post-launch orders shipping out within 24 hours.

These assholes should be satisfying preorders before normal sales.[/QUOTE]

Isn't it obvious? The point of a pre-order is to start generating revenue from a game well before release. Oh, you meant for the consumer!

Ummm...yea, for us there's really no point if you can't walk into the store on launch day and claim your copy. (Metaphorically speaking)

By the way - for the benefit of those who may have been displeased with the situation/want to cancel - unhappy with the responses they are getting.

I found this number on their site: 1-888-332-6843
http://www.familyvideo.com/contact.php

Called it - and granted, I had to sit on hold for a bit, but had a reasonably straight forward conversation with a rep who only wanted my order number. Was off the phone in 5 min. Couple hours later, this turns up in my email

"Per your request, we have sent a request to our shipping department to cancel
your title(s). This message is not a confirmation. You will be receiving a confirmation shortly."

It's not the THUNDERING cancellation I'd hoped for, but they're woking with me, so it's all good.

(I post this on the off-chance that others may be trying to cancel, and may have more satisfying results by calling rather then email.)

bread's done
Back