Heavily Rain, Uncharted 2 & GOW 3 - $20 @ Kmart

They has only GH ver. Heavily Rain near 2 of Kmart... I got God Of War 3 last copy and....... Demon's Souls 14.97!! black label they still have more than 4!

i bought Demon's Souls at k-mart today... but i bought Demon's Soul GH version at gohastings last week. if i take the GH version to k-mart.. do you think they'll refund the GH version i bought at gohastings??? since it's the same barcode...

[quote name='War Machine']That is the stupidest nomenclature I've ever seen. Nobody uses that, come on. Why would the O be capitalized for God of War only? Also...

1247541652841_f.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Also, Prince of Persia is PoP not POP

Heavily Rain - If there is only thing about stupid jokes, it's that they get funnier after the 50th time. /sarcasm

Thanks op for the post. Hopefully, amazon will match.

[quote name='Static-Jak']Probably a repost but whatevs

Edit: LOL, meant Heavy Rain sorry[/QUOTE]

Buy all three of these (geez, all three for $60, if you don't own them :D)

i bought Demon's Souls at k-mart today... but i bought Demon's Soul GH version at gohastings last week. if i take the GH version to k-mart.. do you think they'll refund the GH version i bought at gohastings??? please help guys.,

I got the non-GH version of Heavy Rain, last copy, at my local Kmart (West Seneca, NY). It was like searching for the Ark of the Covenant, my Kmart's gaming section is a botched abortion of fail. Games were all over the place, not alphabetized, some in the cabinet that were old, discounted titles (think Madden 09) while brand new titles were right on the shelf where you could easily walk off with them (LA Noire). Oh well. There was one copy of Heavy Rain stuck underneath a pile of Bulletstorms in a cardboard box in the locked cabinet. Glad we found it.

[quote name='Double-J']I got the non-GH version of Heavy Rain, last copy, at my local Kmart (West Seneca, NY). It was like searching for the Ark of the Covenant, my Kmart's gaming section is a botched abortion of fail. Games were all over the place, not alphabetized, some in the cabinet that were old, discounted titles (think Madden 09) while brand new titles were right on the shelf where you could easily walk off with them (LA Noire). Oh well. There was one copy of Heavy Rain stuck underneath a pile of Bulletstorms in a cardboard box in the locked cabinet. Glad we found it.[/QUOTE]

Any difference between GH and non-GH?

[quote name='Green Card200']Any difference between GH and non-GH?[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure non-GH doesn't come with some DLC, but I really didn't care about that (would've been nice, but meh). I know some people hate the GH packaging and will run out and pick up a non-GH box as soon as it is announced, but again, I could care less about my red Resistance and Assassin's Creed boxes. I'm a CAG, it's more about price for me.

tl;dr I think you miss out on some DLC, but otherwise, nothing else. Again, I could be wrong though, I'm not sure if DLC is included.

[quote name='Double-J']I'm pretty sure non-GH doesn't come with some DLC, but I really didn't care about that (would've been nice, but meh). I know some people hate the GH packaging and will run out and pick up a non-GH box as soon as it is announced, but again, I could care less about my red Resistance and Assassin's Creed boxes. I'm a CAG, it's more about price for me.

tl;dr I think you miss out on some DLC, but otherwise, nothing else. Again, I could be wrong though, I'm not sure if DLC is included.[/QUOTE]

If you look through this thread you'll see a lot of discussion on this. It sounds like in the states the GH and non-GH heavy rain is exactly the same.

[quote name='Double-J']I'm pretty sure non-GH doesn't come with some DLC, but I really didn't care about that (would've been nice, but meh). I know some people hate the GH packaging and will run out and pick up a non-GH box as soon as it is announced, but again, I could care less about my red Resistance and Assassin's Creed boxes. I'm a CAG, it's more about price for me.

tl;dr I think you miss out on some DLC, but otherwise, nothing else. Again, I could be wrong though, I'm not sure if DLC is included.[/QUOTE]

I've never seen a Greatest Hits version of a game be any different than the launch day release. If it's a matter of people not liking the red box, seems like they are trying to cover up the fact that they are CAG's. Seems a bit elitist if you ask me. Like being the smartest kid on the short bus. Just my $0.02.

i bought Demon's Souls at k-mart today... but i bought Demon's Soul GH version at gohastings last week. if i take the GH version to k-mart.. do you think they'll refund the GH version i bought at gohastings??? please help guys., im gonna go in a hour. plzzzz

[quote name='NMReign']I've never seen a Greatest Hits version of a game be any different than the launch day release. If it's a matter of people not liking the red box, seems like they are trying to cover up the fact that they are CAG's. Seems a bit elitist if you ask me. Like being the smartest kid on the short bus. Just my $0.02.[/QUOTE]

Doesn't Uncharted 2's GOTY/GH edition come with DLC?

[quote name='Double-J']Doesn't Uncharted 2's GOTY/GH edition come with DLC?[/QUOTE]
It comes w/ DLC because it's the Game of the Year edition, not because it's a Greatest Hits title. I'm 99% sure there is a distinction between GOTY vs. GH.

[quote name='NMReign']It comes w/ DLC because it's the Game of the Year edition, not because it's a Greatest Hits title. I'm 99% sure there is a distinction between GOTY vs. GH.[/QUOTE]

KK, no worries. That's why I said I was unsure. Good to know. ;)

[quote name='onyzukae']i bought Demon's Souls at k-mart today... but i bought Demon's Soul GH version at gohastings last week. if i take the GH version to k-mart.. do you think they'll refund the GH version i bought at gohastings??? please help guys., im gonna go in a hour. plzzzz[/QUOTE]

I am dying to know how this drama turned out.

[quote name='onyzukae']i bought Demon's Souls at k-mart today... but i bought Demon's Soul GH version at gohastings last week. if i take the GH version to k-mart.. do you think they'll refund the GH version i bought at gohastings??? please help guys., im gonna go in a hour. plzzzz[/QUOTE]
As long as the UPC is identical and it's sealed, they don't/won't care.

Price match confirmed @ Wal-Mart with printed ad in hand.

Just search the interwebs for the weekly ad, print, find a store near you with what you want. disco!

It's pretty cool that Uncharted 2 GH is the GOTY. I'm super happy :D

If you live near Tulsa, OK, Memorial @ Admiral had a bunch of Heavy Rain. Memorial @ 68th had about 5 or so Uncharted 2. Cheers!

[quote name='aus_nacht']If you look through this thread you'll see a lot of discussion on this. It sounds like in the states the GH and non-GH heavy rain is exactly the same.[/QUOTE]
Some GH exception:
Midnight Club LA GH
Mafia 2 GH

These GH titles have more contents than the original.

Went to K-Mart to pick up the ad - the game section was really a mess. The $60 dollar games were neat but everything else was all over the place. They had copies of all the games minus the GOTY Uncharted 2. Couldn't find anybody to help me open the cases so I PM'd at a local target with no problems at all.

Nice sale might get Heavy Rain later in the week

[quote name='H3m1 R4m']Give OP a break. I have a iPod Touch that does the exact same thing and I hate it. Nice find OP. Amazon did PM God of War 3 but it is Sold and Shipped by GoHastings. But if you add other stuff to your cart you should get Free Shipping.
http://www.amazon.com/God-War-III-P...9QCS/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1307287775&sr=8-2[/QUOTE]

Seconded (or thirded). I use a 1st gen iPod touch when I'm on the road that does the same thing. You have to hit "X" next to the wrong word to get it to print what you want. It will stop the auto-correct then, and you can type what you want.

[quote name='MrshllJcb']Picked up the Move yesterday so very tempted to drive the 20 min to pick up Heavy Rain at this price. Might wait to see if Amazon price matches this, please everyone submit the lower price to Amazon.[/QUOTE]

Submitted prices... surprised they still haven't dropped as this has been on sale all week. Walmart, Target, and Best Buy usually price match weekly ads too... not sure what Amazon is waiting on.

I'd prefer to get these games tax-free from Amazon. But if they don't match by tomorrow still I guess I'll have to run over to some store and get this.

They were stingy when Fling Smash hit $20 at Target, and never budged. Probably not matching because they've sold enough already at higher prices and just don't need to. Who knows.

And for my own stupidity, I bought GoW and didn't realize I already had it. Duh. Never ignore spidey senses that tell you something looks awfully familiar.

Went to pm heavily rain at BB (to use those la noire GCs) and they had none. Broke down and went to kmart and they were out. Now I'm sad.

[quote name='DtotheP']Went to pm heavily rain at BB (to use those la noire GCs) and they had none. Broke down and went to kmart and they were out. Now I'm sad.[/QUOTE]
Walmart & Sears pm too

[quote name='Enuf']Walmart & Sears pm too[/QUOTE]

Went to 2 different Best Buy's to price match after my KMart was sold out of Heavy Rain. Only after the 2nd Best Buy was OOS did I even consider Wal Mart pricing matching for some reason and when I went they had like 10 copies (even some without the GH case for those that care) and I was able to PM for 21.xx after tax

This is Leominster MA if there happens to be other CAG's in this area

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='MrshllJcb']Went to 2 different Best Buy's to price match after my KMart was sold out. Only after the 2nd Best Buy was OOS did I even consider Wal Mart pricing matching for some reason and when I went they had like 10 copies (even some without the GH case for those that care) and I was able to PM for 21.xx after tax

This is Leominster MA if there happens to be other CAG's in this area[/QUOTE]

Too bad BB was OOS, grab these 3 plus another $40 purchase use the coupon get a $10 giftcard on top of it.

[quote name='Enuf']Walmart & Sears pm too[/QUOTE]

Do they do it off showing them your phone's screen? I vaguely remember my Walmart wanting the store's official printed ad in order to pm, like stupid target.

[quote name='Enuf']Here's walmart's written policy
http://walmartstores.com/10563.aspx
says just tell them ad not needed[/QUOTE]

I looked up the policy as well before PM'ing at Wally World. Was shocked that you didnt need to bring in the print ad, but I had one so I brought it just in case. Does that mean the cashiers look up the competitors ad online? cause I cant imagine theyd just take your word for the match.

[quote name='MrshllJcb']I looked up the policy as well before PM'ing at Wally World. Was shocked that you didnt need to bring in the print ad, but I had one so I brought it just in case. Does that mean the cashiers look up the competitors ad online? cause I cant imagine theyd just take your word for the match.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, just like BB their pc's have internet they look it up. I always have it pulled up on my iPhone especially if it takes time to find it.

[quote name='Enuf']Too bad BB was OOS, grab these 3 plus another $40 purchase use the coupon get a $10 giftcard on top of it.[/QUOTE]

What's OOS and what coupon do you use to get a $10 gc?

[quote name='bruceg']Thanks. Guess my local Walmart doesn't know/follow their own policy, since they always tell me I need the physical ad.[/QUOTE]

I don't blame them... at my local Walmarts there are signs above each register post that have fine print that says to bring in the local competitors printed ad for PM's.

One Walmart even has an "Competitors Ad Center" at the front of the store with numerous stacks of competitors ad, with signs that encourage you to take the competitors ad while in store for PM purposes.

I'm thinking that this "no ad required" deal is fairly new...

I bought the last Uncharted 2 GOTY edition at my Kmart earlier today. They still had 3 vanilla copies left. All 4 copies that they had in stock were black label.

Crap. Best Buy refuses to let me PM it because I already ordered UC2 GoTY online. fuck Best Buy. I'd always choose Amazon over BBY even if it means paying a buck or 2 extra sometimes.

Bought Heavy Rain, thank goodness it was a non greatest hits copy. It did have 50 price stickers on it. 59.99, 39.99 then 29.99....the guy didn't make me pay for it in electronics so it was a nice purchase.

[quote name='scarhawk']Crap. Best Buy refuses to let me PM it because I already ordered UC2 GoTY online. fuck Best Buy. I'd always choose Amazon over BBY even if it means paying a buck or 2 extra sometimes.[/QUOTE]

Buy it again in store w/the pm & return it using the online slip. At least you'll get the savings.

[quote name='scarhawk']Yeah but the thing is I used a $15 digital coupon and $10 RZ cert D: And I receive the game on June 14-16th lol[/QUOTE]

Damn, I feel you

bread's done
Back