Heavy Armor Brigade DS -- anyone play it?

donssword

CAGiversary!
Feedback
6 (100%)
I can't find much in the way of reviews of this game. Apparently it is actually "Tank Beat 2"--and I haven't played that one either. I think I saw it for $10 at Walfarts this week, but I am not certain it was supposed to be in the $10 end cap.

Anyone play it and/or like it? How is the online play? Is anyone ever online?

Last edited by a moderator:
Heavy Armor Bridage DS -- anyone play it?
For starters, try searching for Heavy Armor Brigade :)

But seriously, it doesn't seem to have much exposure. A small handful of customer reviews will most likely poop up on Amazon eventually, or you can take one for the team and buy it blind...you know, like back in the NES days. $50 for "Werewolf" just because it looked cool at TRU. Turns out it actually was.

images

fixed "Bridage" -- thanks

re: search?
Yeah, I poured through some Google links yesterday. I did find some impressions on GameFAQs, but opinions on GameFAQs and Amazon are like noses... every game has a fan somewhere who loves it.

Will play more tonight and see what its really like. All I got so far is:

You pick between Germany/USA/Russia and each has their own storyline. The first stage as U.S is a timed clear the map level. You control 1 tank and have 2 support tanks. The bottom screen is a map, you draw a line with the stylus on the map and your tank follows that line. The map is pretty big and becomes ungrey as you go by it..

Thats all I got from playing for 5 min. Will try some more tonight.

Well Kerig, I decided to meet your challenge and take one for the team -- I went to 3 Walmarts -- 1 near my office, 1 half-way home, and 1 near home, and I couldn't find a single damn one.

I'll have to keep my eyes open for it to pop-up again, or maybe homeland will tell us it is worse than "American Girl: Julie Finds a Way," and I'll save some money ;-)

Nice try.

$29.82 @ Walmart.com, very possible that it was misplaced when you saw it.

If you decide to bite, You can get it for $20 shipped BIN on eBay. The chances of there being bootlegs of this game are about the same as it winning a "most sold game of 2009" award...

...and we all know that award will be going to American Girl 2: Chrissa findz a bridage.

Well I played a little more of this game and honestly not sure why your so interested. While it isn't a horrible game, I didn't find it that exciting.

You control 1 tank while 2 other AI tanks assist you. on the top screen is the nice graphics which shows the movements, firing, and if you destroy the tank it will zoom up on its explosion. Though, you could play the game solely by using the bottom screen. Each map is a big square with random forests, burned out buildings, or man made trenches to navigate. You drive the tank by drawing a line from your tank to where you want to go. You can change the angle of your turret from 0,8,16, and 24 degrees (each increase angle increases the range). The range is shown by a blue cone projected out of your tank on the map screen. When an enemy tank enters the blue area it is in range. The challenge is leading your shot as the enemy tanks come towards you so to prevent any close encounters. To shoot you just double tap where you want to shoot.

types of mission:
Survivor for x minutes
destroy all tank in x minutes
protect supplies for x minutes.

As you progress you unlock different tanks with different stats (which are only speed and armor) I couldn't play it online but due to no one talking about this game.. (not even on gamefaqs) I doubt there is much of an online following. Overall the game just is kind of unexciting. Though I found it better than B-17 flying fortress, which is just a pile of shit of a game.

Hope that gave you somewhat of an idea of the game.

Just did a google search and found a video for you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QR0oL9VVLA4

bread's done
Back