Heavy Rain Move Edition $45.99 FS

SpartenOmega117

CAGiversary!
Feedback
96 (100%)
This edition will unfortunately not come to the U.S. It includes a soundtrack, DLC, and 3 dynamic themes. It is , I believe, the UK version. The PS3 is not region locked so you can still play it on your own ps3.

check it out- http://www.cdwow.us/games/heavy-rai...ion-move-compatible-playstation-3/dp/17719379

P.S. Im not sure about the credibility of this website.

The normal price for this, if you import from hmv, is about $55. TheNA version, which does not include all of the extras, is still going for about $55 as well

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Jackie Chandler']I hope that becomes the actual term for it.[/QUOTE]

Me too. I coined it a few months back here on CAG, it makes perfect sense and is a good play on words, so we'll see.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']Me too. I coined it a few months back here on CAG, it makes perfect sense and is a good play on words, so we'll see.[/QUOTE]
should we contact Merrian-Webster for an update on their database?

[quote name='cRodz']should we contact Merriam-Webster for an update on their database?[/QUOTE]

Coined the phrase in regards to Move compatible games. I did not say I created the word.

Would the display of the game change any since its the PAL version of Heavy Rain? For example, would it be less detailed or would the display be cropped. Also, would this have any effects on future Downloadable Content? Thank you.

Got a little excited thinking the "Move Edition" was a bundle of Heavy Rain with Move. For that price, it'd be a steal. =)

[quote name='DealHunter']Would the display of the game change any since its the PAL version of Heavy Rain? For example, would it be less detailed or would the display be cropped. Also, would this have any effects on future Downloadable Content? Thank you.[/QUOTE]

From what I understand they got rid of the different Hz when it comes to games and even possibly movies as far as bluray goes. I am not sure on the exact specifics I just know that any PAL and JP game that is region free (I believe most if not all are). The only difference is yes the online aspects. Most games that have online co-op/vs/leaderboards etc are locked to their respective regions, that is not a rule though. Also, DLC is usually region specific, so DLC from the US won't work on an EU game.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']From what I understand they got rid of the different Hz when it comes to games and even possibly movies as far as bluray goes. I am not sure on the exact specifics I just know that any PAL and JP game that is region free (I believe most if not all are). The only difference is yes the online aspects. Most games that have online co-op/vs/leaderboards etc are locked to their respective regions, that is not a rule though. Also, DLC is usually region specific, so DLC from the US won't work on an EU game.[/QUOTE]

The Hz are still the same actually but the resolutions have been streamlined for HD. Meaning, PAL still has 25/50 Hz but it won't get cropped because 720p and above are the same as NTSC. If you run standard def, then you will be getting the old 576i 25/50 Hz.

[quote name='DealHunter']Would the display of the game change any since its the PAL version of Heavy Rain? For example, would it be less detailed or would the display be cropped. Also, would this have any effects on future Downloadable Content? Thank you.[/QUOTE]

For standard def, there may be an incompatibility. Not due to hardware but due to software coding. Some games are affected, some aren't. I read something about a workaround with Resistance when Mortal Kombat vs. DC came out in the UK and people in the US wanted that version.

I've ordered stuff from cdwow for years. They're 100% legit, for those wondering, though more popular in the UK where they likely get the bulk of their traffic.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']Me too. I coined it a few months back here on CAG, it makes perfect sense and is a good play on words, so we'll see.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Saix_XIII']Just remember, all copies of Heavy Rain are Moveable.[/QUOTE]

I hereby coin the phrases "Able to Move", "Ready to Move", "Movin", "Movin me", "Movin Movin", "MoveN", "Movelicious", "Movetastic", "Movetacular", "Movers", "MOVE-shaka-laka", "Shakin it's Move thang", "Gettin its Move on", "Like to Move it Move it", and "Better than Kinect/Wii". Just replace Moveable with your preferred phrase.

[quote name='WilliamG']I've ordered stuff from cdwow for years. They're 100% legit, for those wondering, though more popular in the UK where they likely get the bulk of their traffic.[/QUOTE]

Yep, I remember they used to ship from asia (free shipping tho) dunno if they are still shipping from there nowadays...

Hmmm...I did a lot of research but no where does it say the retail Move Edition will come to the USA. =(

I want the free Taxidermist DLC.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']From what I understand they got rid of the different Hz when it comes to games and even possibly movies as far as bluray goes. I am not sure on the exact specifics I just know that any PAL and JP game that is region free (I believe most if not all are). The only difference is yes the online aspects. Most games that have online co-op/vs/leaderboards etc are locked to their respective regions, that is not a rule though. Also, DLC is usually region specific, so DLC from the US won't work on an EU game.[/QUOTE]

So, would PS1 and PS2 imports work with a U.S. PS3? Though I'm guessing most PS1 and PS2 games weren't region free.

[quote name='DealHunter']So, would PS1 and PS2 imports work with a U.S. PS3?[/QUOTE]

Nope. The PS3 still honors any region specific lock-outs on PS1 and PS2 disc based games.

bread's done
Back