Hellboy II Blu Ray 11.49 at Amazon

No, definitely better than the first. It was a little sillier and more poorly plotted, but it was also livelier and more interesting, with less "And that's why there's a BPRD!" business.

Superhero sequels are often a ltitle better. SPIDER-MAN 2 vs. SPIDER-MAN 1, BLADE 2 vs. BLADE 1, DARK KNIGHT vs. BATMAN BEGINS, BATMAN RETURNS vs. BATMAN, X2 vs. X-MEN.

Strictly speaking of the Blu-ray picture quality of the first one, I found it abysmal. Part of the problem might have been the source of film and poor lighting, but I actually had to turn it off because it was so bad. The only thing worse I've experienced was HD-DVD Groundhog Day (that transfer guy needs to go to jail).

I would have great picture quality expectations of the new Hellboy since it's more modern (made after Blu-ray has become mainstream; as I would have for any movie made recently).

For the movies themselves (saw in theater), I liked both and the pacing is better in the second.

Seen this before and honestly it wasn't a great movie, but the audio on it was just out of control. I'm buying it soley on this reason alone. Thanks TC

It was my fav superhero movie the year it came out, and that was over Iron Man and Dark Knight. It was just a really fun movie.

I loved both Hellboy movies and this one on blu ray is amazing. I thought this movie was a little slower than the first but visually it made me keep watching and for 11.50 this is a no brainer for me.

[quote name='seanw']No, definitely better than the first. It was a little sillier and more poorly plotted, but it was also livelier and more interesting, with less "And that's why there's a BPRD!" business.

Superhero sequels are often a ltitle better. SPIDER-MAN 2 vs. SPIDER-MAN 1, BLADE 2 vs. BLADE 1, DARK KNIGHT vs. BATMAN BEGINS, BATMAN RETURNS vs. BATMAN, X2 vs. X-MEN.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I liked it better because of the reasons you mentioned. The only bad thing is I remember is feeling that the end battle was anti-climactic.

I didn't like this movie...in fact, I fell asleep on it twice on two different days. I liked the first hellboy much more.
Good price though if you want to get it.

bread's done
Back