Hellgate: London

crystalklear64

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
I picked this up a couple days ago and its fairly fun so far. Tons of bugs and lack of knowledge in the community makes it a little frustrating, but the gameplay seems solid enough. I just would have thought they'd have some of these game breaking issues mostly worked out 2 months after release.

Anyway, did anyone else grab this? I've been playing it quite a bit and wouldn't mind having some other people to shoot zombies with.

What's wrong with it? When I played the preview build at CES last year the game seemed nearly complete but just needed to be optimized and have a bit of debugging. It actually played really really well.

[quote name='crystalklear64']I picked this up a couple days ago and its fairly fun so far. Tons of bugs and lack of knowledge in the community makes it a little frustrating, but the gameplay seems solid enough. I just would have thought they'd have some of these game breaking issues mostly worked out 2 months after release.

Anyway, did anyone else grab this? I've been playing it quite a bit and wouldn't mind having some other people to shoot zombies with.[/quote]

i have it.

I play with you whenever or where ever.

I am level 12 or 13 guardian I stopped playing though because the random crashes and bugs in the game pissed me off.

I put it on every so often but the game is still pretty buggy.

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']What's wrong with it? When I played the preview build at CES last year the game seemed nearly complete but just needed to be optimized and have a bit of debugging. It actually played really really well.[/QUOTE]
From what I've played some of the major things are:
Being randomly teleported back to the start of an area if you fall in a gap in the terrain (as in they haven't made all the ground textures solid or something).

Long load times. Apparently the latest patch made them longer than they were.

Random crashing/poor network stability. I find myself being dropped from games, though that may just be my internet here. However, I do seem to crash to the desktop on occasion.

Memory leak. This may not be a problem for people who play 1-2 hours at a time, but I'll admit I'm one of those all-night players and after about 4 hours of playing, windows will run out of memory and the game will crash. Apparently this has something to do with using Vista and an 8800 video card. The .7 patch was supposed to fix the memory issues, but I guess it didn't work.

There is also something wrong with either the DX10 or DX9 engine. I'm not sure what is up, but a lot of people have problems running the game in DX9. I personally have an 8800gts video card, and can run DX10 just fine with everything maxed save the textures with a steady 40fps. However, if I switch down to DX9, even with lower gfx settings my framerate drops to about 20fps.
---
There are also skill balance issues and broken game mechanics, but those are less critical than those other problems.

Even with all those issues, they only appear in specific situations and are all avoidable except for the random crash now and again. The gameplay itself is fun enough to put up with them for now.

[quote name='crystalklear64']From what I've played some of the major things are:
Being randomly teleported back to the start of an area if you fall in a gap in the terrain (as in they haven't made all the ground textures solid or something).

Long load times. Apparently the latest patch made them longer than they were.

Random crashing/poor network stability. I find myself being dropped from games, though that may just be my internet here. However, I do seem to crash to the desktop on occasion.

Memory leak. This may not be a problem for people who play 1-2 hours at a time, but I'll admit I'm one of those all-night players and after about 4 hours of playing, windows will run out of memory and the game will crash. Apparently this has something to do with using Vista and an 8800 video card. The .7 patch was supposed to fix the memory issues, but I guess it didn't work.

There is also something wrong with either the DX10 or DX9 engine. I'm not sure what is up, but a lot of people have problems running the game in DX9. I personally have an 8800gts video card, and can run DX10 just fine with everything maxed save the textures with a steady 40fps. However, if I switch down to DX9, even with lower gfx settings my framerate drops to about 20fps.
---
There are also skill balance issues and broken game mechanics, but those are less critical than those other problems.

Even with all those issues, they only appear in specific situations and are all avoidable except for the random crash now and again. The gameplay itself is fun enough to put up with them for now.[/quote]

Woah, that's pretty bad then. It sounds like an unworkable game basically. And this is coming from a lot of the employees that worked at Blizzard on WoW and Diablo. Not very good at all.

I'm going to grab it when It's $19.99 or less. I throughly enjoyed the demo, It's too bad to hear about all the glitches.

bread's done
Back