Hello my name is "xxxx xxxx" and I have a gambling problem.

mr ryles

CAGiversary!
Feedback
50 (100%)
I don't have a gambling problem, but I am a fan of online gambling, basically this time of the year, football season. I only gamble $20-40 a week on the games, every week. I'd just like a topic here to talk about the gambling factor of football, the favorites, underdogs, spreads, etc.

Week 1 is always the hardest as it is hard to judge which teams are going to do what. Take tonight for example when the Saints got totally spanked. I expected the colts offense to fly, but I was expecting more out of the saints.

Anyone interested in this check out www.newbodog.com and set up an account
And it would be cool if you used my referral # when you signed up. P76EF44 Not what this thread is about, just throwing that out there.

I'm keeping it simple this week and just going with:

Vikings -3
Redskins -3
Broncos -3

Three picks that I think have the best chance and with a low spread. We'll have to see if the Falcons can do anything with out vick. I expect the Redskins to be a good team this year, and miami... not so much. Same thing going with the Broncos, Bills game.

i glanced at the title quickly and read "gangbang problem"

[quote name='Apossum']i glanced at the title quickly and read "gangbang problem"[/QUOTE]

I actually DO have that problem.

[quote name='longdillon']Hi. Is there a site I can go to , to learn more about online betting?
Thanks,
Dillon[/QUOTE]
This thread needs a circle of folding chairs and some bad coffee.

Houston +3 vs. Kansas City
St. Louis +1 vs. Carolina
Philadelphia +3 vs. Green Bay

Payout 6 to 1
Bet = $5.00 ;)

I don't use Bodog, but I was suprised on my parlay card to see that Houston was favored over KC by 3. Then I have some faith in STL and PHI that they should be able to win fairly easy this weekend. So hopefully this will be an easy $25 profit.

[quote name='munch']This is a good video that explains how to pick winners and losers. i found it very helpful.[/QUOTE]
nice try munch... nice try, but i've been burned too many times.

[quote name='Apossum']i glanced at the title quickly and read "gangbang problem"[/QUOTE]
"Gangbang" and "problem" should never be muttered in the same breath.

[quote name='munch']This is a good video that explains how to pick winners and losers. i found it very helpful.[/quote]

For once, I saw that coming.

Seriously though, I know a person who got hooked on that online gambling websites and she lost thousands and thousands of dollars.

I'll would go near those sites personally...

[quote name='munch']This is a good video that explains how to pick winners and losers. i found it very helpful.[/quote]

Damn! Rick Roll'd again! I love it.

[quote name='Xevious']For once, I saw that coming.

Seriously though, I know a person who got hooked on that online gambling websites and she lost thousands and thousands of dollars.

I'll would go near those sites personally...[/QUOTE]

I would have made out all right last year, lost about $200 through the course of the season, but then I tried redeeming myself by putting $200 on the super bowl for the Bears. SO ya last year wasn't good for me.

[quote name='AK85']Houston +3 vs. Kansas City
St. Louis +1 vs. Carolina
Philadelphia +3 vs. Green Bay

Payout 6 to 1
Bet = $5.00 ;)

I don't use Bodog, but I was suprised on my parlay card to see that Houston was favored over KC by 3. Then I have some faith in STL and PHI that they should be able to win fairly easy this weekend. So hopefully this will be an easy $25 profit.[/QUOTE]

ya I can't believe houston is favored, got to be one of the few times in their teams life span that they have been the favorite. But honestly the Chiefs don't have much going for them this year either. And I'm liking Carolina this year, but not enough to pick them over the Rams.

[quote name='rcannon']I have a gambling problem too, I lose all the time.[/QUOTE]

well keep trying, you'll win one of these times.

[quote name='Brak']"Gangbang" and "problem" should never be muttered in the same breath.[/QUOTE]

Unless the sentence is: "The problem with this thread is that it is about gambling problems and not gangbang problems."

[quote name='mr ryles']well keep trying, you'll win one of these times.[/QUOTE]

I really hope you're kidding, or this thread is a massive cry for help. You've managed to make at least 4 statements that indicate that you either A) already have or B) are well on your way to a gambling problem.

Get some help. Seriously.

[quote name='getmyrunon']I really hope you're kidding, or this thread is a massive cry for help. You've managed to make at least 4 statements that indicate that you either A) already have or B) are well on your way to a gambling problem.

Get some help. Seriously.[/QUOTE]

I only lost $400-500 last year, granted I didn't even win once. And after football season is over I stop, betting on basketball and baseball just ain't the same. You get once a week to enjoy a sport, fully analyze the game and guess who you think will come out on top. Adds more fun to it, and win or lose I'll be enjoying my Sundays kicked back watching football in HD on a 59" TV.

I wouldn't really call that a problem. Unless of course you hate America.

[quote name='jimfoley16']ryles and AK85, you guys didn't do so hot this week.[/quote]
What can I say, I was on top of my game this week :cool:
:cry::cry::cry:

There is always next week.

Broncos just didn't cover the spread for me. Not sure how ties work on bodog. Some sports books take ties in the spread as a loss and some just take it as a push then just drop your winnings from say 6:1 payout to a 5:1.

Either way Broncos didn't win by 3 so a loss for me.

Here's to next week. :beer:

Don't have the spreads yet, but the early picks for next week are looking like:

BUF @ PIT
NO @ TB
CIN @ CLE

but who knows what will happen after I get a look at the spreads.

[quote name='mr ryles']I only lost $400-500 last year, granted I didn't even win once. And after football season is over I stop, betting on basketball and baseball just ain't the same. You get once a week to enjoy a sport, fully analyze the game and guess who you think will come out on top. Adds more fun to it, and win or lose I'll be enjoying my Sundays kicked back watching football in HD on a 59" TV.

I wouldn't really call that a problem. Unless of course you hate America.[/QUOTE]

Well, I'll agree with you on one point here. If you can afford to lose what your gambling, it isn't a "problem". I know the 12 steps and everything, but in reality, there is nothing wrong with gambling. There is nothing wrong with losing consistantly and doing it. It's just another way to spend your money, and that choice should be up to the individual who owns the money.

That being said, you went a whole football season, and lost every single week. Now, you have every right in my mind to do it, but, honestly, are you enjoying it somehow? Why not just predict the games on your own, and have a few winning weeks before putting real money on it? Right now, your just giving money away. You don't seem to be a good sportsbetter. Losing all the time, your better off playing for fun.

STAY THE fuck AWAY FROM BODOG ALA NEWBODOG.

I play a lot of online poker. They might go donk down. Them recently changing their URL is not a good sign and they are in a heap of legal shit. A lot of people that are regular tourney players I know took all their money that site. Immediately do that and save yourself from getting screwed over.

GET YOUR MONEY OFF THAT SITE. They have been have problems not paying out or honoring some people's cashout. BOUNCING CHECKS ON PEOPLE IS another.

http://www.gambling911.com/Bodog-Website-Down-082807.html

Honestly, the trick to gambling is just when you have been losing for a while, take every last cent you have and bet it on a longshot! This way if you win you have all your money back.

well this week I'm going big,with a 5 team pick. I told myself I was going to stick to 3-4 teamers this year, but i am confident in this one.

Bengals -7
Vikings +3 1/2
Cowboys -4
Seahawks -3
Seahawks vs. cardinals under 42 1/2

[quote name='ItsTrueItsTrue92']I like:

Bills +10
Lions -3
Colts -7
Seahawks -3
Rams -3[/QUOTE]

Well the Vikes are gonna beat the lions, so your ticket is done. ;)

Ok, I am shooting for 1 game this week ;)

Cincinnati vs. Cleveland +6
New Orleans vs. Tampa Bay +3
Dallas vs. Miami +4

Bet = $5.00
Payout = 6 to 1

YTD Bets = $10.00
YTD Winnings = $0.00

There is another trick to gambling I forgot to include in addition to my first tip.

If that first trip didnt work (bet every cent you have). Start taking money from your wife or your parents and bet that money. You can pay them back WHEN (not if) you win.

I got murked this week.

I've recruited a new guy into this too. He was pissed at me all day today that he lost $20.

He'll get over it.

With all the upsets and disappointments this week, next weeks picks are going to be tricky.

Just adhere to my tips and you will be fine. Actually if you follow them closely, you might as well go ahead and quit your day job and just gamble for a living. You can't lose!

I got my 1 game that I was shooting for ;)

I think I am staying away from any game that includes the Saints this week, since they could very easily come out with a huge game this week, but they could also keep sucking ass. :roll:

Indianapolis vs. Houston +6
Tampa Bay vs. St. Louis +4
Carolina vs. Atlanta +4

Bet = $5.00
Payout = 6 to 1

YTD Bets = $15.00
YTD Winnings = $0.00

I'm feeling good about my picks this week, but then again I feel the same way every week, and haven't been so hot. So this week is probably no different :cool:

[quote name='AK85']Indianapolis vs. Houston +6
Tampa Bay vs. St. Louis +4
Carolina vs. Atlanta +4

Bet = $5.00
Payout = 6 to 1

YTD Bets = $15.00
YTD Winnings = $0.00

I'm feeling good about my picks this week, but then again I feel the same way every week, and haven't been so hot. So this week is probably no different :cool:
[/QUOTE]

It just didn't feel right picking the Browns. I sure hope they don't screw me over.

[quote name='mr ryles']It just didn't feel right picking the Browns. I sure hope they don't screw me over.[/quote]

I thought real hard about taking the Lions since Philly was favored by 7, but I figured about the time I take the Lions, they will actually start playing like the Lions ;)

Baltimore vs. Cleveland +6
Dallas vs. St. Louis +12
Pittsburgh vs. Arizona +6

Bet = $5.00
Payout = 6 to 1

YTD Bets = $20.00
YTD Winnings = $0.00

Who you got this week ryles?

[quote name='AK85']Baltimore vs. Cleveland +6
Dallas vs. St. Louis +12
Pittsburgh vs. Arizona +6

Bet = $5.00
Payout = 6 to 1

YTD Bets = $20.00
YTD Winnings = $0.00

Who you got this week ryles?
[/QUOTE]

I haven't checked all the spreads yet, I'll probably make my ticket tonight though.

Isn't Stephen Jackson injured? Or was that last week.

[quote name='mr ryles']I haven't checked all the spreads yet, I'll probably make my ticket tonight though.

Isn't Stephen Jackson injured? Or was that last week.[/quote]

He is out for this week, maybe more.

So any running game the Rams might have had against Dallas is now gone, plus the Rams haven't looked very good so far this year with Jackson, so...

I am a big Jackson fan too, so it hasn't been a good year so far :cry:

bread's done
Back