Helluva Coupon for HP Gaming (HDX) Laptop -$500 off

xepherys

CAGiversary!
Feedback
69 (100%)
So...

I've been in the market for a new laptop. I want it for gaming, for school and for work. My buddy pointed me to the announcement yesterday of HP's new HDX16 and HDX18 lappies. Not bad AT ALL. You can order the 16" online now, and get any at retail at the end of the month.

-HOWEVER-

There is a coupon code: NB0915

that gives you $500 off any CUSTOM BUILT Pavillion laptop.

So, I had decked mine out pretty well and it was $1909. I found the coupon code and tested it. It worked! I got greedy and went back and added more stuff (blu-ray, HDTV tuner, etc.), got to the cart, added the coupon. BAM! Coupon invalid! I was pissed! Went back, made it my old config and it accepted it again. Sooo... $1409 for the following:

- HP Pavilion HDX16t Entertainment Notebook
*sweet looking, by the way!
- Upgrade to Genuine Windows Vista Ultimate with Service Pack 1 (64-bit)
- Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo Processor T9600 (2.80GHz)
- 16" diagonal High Definition HP Ultra Brightview Infinity Display (1920x1080p)
- 4GB DDR2 System Memory (2 Dimm)
- 512MB NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GT
- 250GB 5400RPM SATA Hard Drive with HP ProtectSmart Hard Drive Protection
- [For BrightView Infinity Display] Webcam + Fingerprint Reader
- HP Color Matching Keyboard
- Intel(R) WiFi Link 5100AGN
- No TV Tuner w/remote control
- 6 Cell Lithium Ion Battery
- Microsoft(R) Works 9.0
- Blu-Ray ROM with SuperMulti DVD+/-R/RW Double Layer
- HP Home & Home Office Store in-box envelope

The Blu-Ray I'm unsure about. I had checked it when I had "got greedy" and put it back to the normal one before the code worked. BUT... it is what my invoice I printed online says, AND what my email from HP says. So... we shall see!

p.s. - If this is in the wrong forum, please move. It isn't a video game itself, but some of us here ARE PC gamers as well. *shrug* Maybe my judgement is off... dunno! :p

Decent coupon, and I'm truly not to flame or anything when I say this, but Laptops and Gaming don't really mix...in other words, don't buy this overpriced machine to game.

[quote name='GBmanNC']One of the gateways with an 8800 or 8900 is going to be a better gaming laptop. they are usually sold at best buy http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=8892825&type=product&id=1211587727985[/quote]

Well, true. But frankly I don't care about getting 140fps in an FPS. I generally play RPGs and MMORPGs. And, even for most FPS', a 9600/512MB will do pretty well. *shrug*

Laptops and Gaming don't really mix...in other words, don't buy this overpriced machine to game.

Depends on the kind of gaming you do. Read above. Also not to flame, but I stopped worrying about how many fps I got (over 30) on pretty much any game. Really, it just doesn't make that much difference.

Just bought a laptop from HP about two weeks ago. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

It still is within the 21 day return period so hopefully I can get a price-adjustment. Worse comes to worse, return and reorder.

[quote name='opportunity777']I wish I could use the coupon with the cheapest config because I don't need the extras.[/quote]

I think you can, actually!

ok whats the minimum you have to spend or certain laptop you have to buy cause its not working for me

[quote name='svt1029']ok whats the minimum you have to spend or certain laptop you have to buy cause its not working for me[/quote]

My bad... it says:

Use web-only coupon NB0915 to save $500 off a customized HP Pavilion Notebook PC greater than $1399. Offer excludes SE dv6700t, SE dv2700t and Artist Edition dv2800t. Offer limited to the first 2,700 coupons redeemed. Max 1 redemption per person or address. Not valid with instant rebates or other promotions. Restrictions apply.

sorry but that battery is gonna last half hr tops and why spend that much to end up with a drive speed of 5400?

The battery tests to about 75 minutes from what reviews say. Also, who cares? That's why engineers invented power cords.

Secondly, that isn't a lot of money for those specs. You obviously haven't looked at notebook prices anytime recently. And I did so because I don't care about getting a 7200rpm drive. I'm old enough and patient enough to wait another 3 seconds for my game to load.

In all fairness, I understand where you are coming from. I used to have the same hardware mentality. My desktop at home has 2x WD Raptor drives, an 8800GT, 4GB of low-latency Mushkin RAM. I mean, I GET hardware. But, this is a laptop. I'm willing to make concessions for portability. I no longer care to spend hours growing more pasty. Now I can go outside, enjoy the weather, and still smoke you in some RvR action.

*shrug*

bread's done
Back