Help a fellow Cag not suck at Counter Strike

Mr.Answer

CAGiversary!
Good Grief I am awful, anyone have any pointers?

(Aside from stop playing--get better--- play more dumbass---etc.)

[quote name='Mr.Answer']Good Grief I am awful, anyone have any pointers?

(Aside from stop playing--get better--- play more dumbass---etc.)[/quote]

I have no experience with Counter-Strike (on PC), but I'm just curious. Or you playing Source on the original version?

I am a BIG CS player. Currently I play CZ (Condition Zero). I would suggest you find a solid server to play on. Play on a real server with real maps and not AIM or FY maps. Also get a mic if you do not have one. Find a server to play on regularly that way you get to know certain opponents. Try to complete objective as often as possible. Do not be a pussy but at the same time learn to pull back.

I could give you more specific details but those are starters.

hmm...here is one specific which might help too...
Shadow other players when possible..in other words try not to go somewhere alone and try to be on someones back side. It's better to use another player as bait than it is to be bait.

Learn the rifles too....AK and Colt. They are main weapons. Deagle is an amazing handgun...buy it and use it often. I seen good deagle players who can own maps all day with just that weapon.

I gotta stop....or I will type all night...it's time to go play.

My CZ server which is normally full.
66.36.236.37:27015 PuNx

Practice on Official Tourn. CS maps, like nuke, inferno, etc.

Learn how to use the best weapons. Like defendo said, Deagle is probably the best handgun, AK/M4A1 is the best rifle, Magnum/AWP is the best sniper rifle, etc.

Jump like crazy when you're being shot at. You'd be surprised how much you can avoid.

Don't be afraid to walk, especially on small maps. Sound can be a huge key to sneaking up on people, especially those who are camping.

Learn the recoil for your main weapons. For example, the AK has terrible recoil that goes in a straight-up motion. The MP5, on the other hand, has excellent control, and has little recoil.

Master the use of grenades. Know when a Flashbang, smoke, or frag grenade will be useful. Know where to launch one (meet-up places, places where the other team usually comes through, etc.), as well.

Good luck.

I think the Navy is a useless SMG. As a matter of fact most of them are. I prefer a deagle and nade. I can always get a rifle from a dead person.

I am awesome at knifing guys but that takes some practice.

[quote name='defender']I think the Navy is a useless SMG. As a matter of fact most of them are. I prefer a deagle and nade. I can always get a rifle from a dead person.

I am awesome at knifing guys but that takes some practice.[/quote]

I used to be a MP5 whore, but people got pissed because it's so easy to get headshots with it. xD

jumping and crouching when being shot at does nothing but make you more vulnerable.

Stay low to the ground. Crouch at all times, walk whenever. Some people say crouching makes you easier to hit.. not for me. It usually makes me have better accuracy.

Speaking of accuracy, if you have an automatic, fire in short one to two shot burts, especially with the M4 or SG. The more you let go, the less accurate you are, so short burts do the trick.

Aim for the head. Duh.

If you're in a firefight and you run out of ammo, do not reload. Quickly switch to the pistol. If you run out of ammo, pull out the knife. DO NOT RELOAD IN CLOSE QUARTERS BATTLE.

Yeah, and what Defender said.. stay with someone that knows what they're doing.

[quote name='Scorch']jumping and crouching when being shot at does nothing but make you more vulnerable.

Stay low to the ground. Crouch at all times, walk whenever. Some people say crouching makes you easier to hit.. not for me. It usually makes me have better accuracy.

Speaking of accuracy, if you have an automatic, fire in short one to two shot burts, especially with the M4 or SG. The more you let go, the less accurate you are, so short burts do the trick.

Aim for the head. Duh.

If you're in a firefight and you run out of ammo, do not reload. Quickly switch to the pistol. If you run out of ammo, pull out the knife. DO NOT RELOAD IN CLOSE QUARTERS BATTLE.

Yeah, and what Defender said.. stay with someone that knows what they're doing.[/quote]

THat reload thing makes sense now, I spectated several people and couldn't figure out why they were switching guns so frequently.

I"m actually pretty decent as a 'wingman' but my solo mode things (such as knifing or sniping is poor) also if I come across someone by surprise It seems my aiming gets really poor and they usually end up getting me.

i need to get this for PC, i have it for XBOX and i used to play it on Live all the time, but i stopped playing after i got halo 2........

[quote name='defender']I am a BIG CS player. Currently I play CZ (Condition Zero). I would suggest you find a solid server to play on. Play on a real server with real maps and not AIM or FY maps. Also get a mic if you do not have one. Find a server to play on regularly that way you get to know certain opponents. Try to complete objective as often as possible. Do not be a pussy but at the same time learn to pull back.

Shadow other players when possible..in other words try not to go somewhere alone and try to be on someones back side. It's better to use another player as bait than it is to be bait.

Learn the rifles too....AK and Colt. They are main weapons. Deagle is an amazing handgun...buy it and use it often. I seen good deagle players who can own maps all day with just that weapon.

66.36.236.37:27015 PuNx[/quote]

thought I'd check out your server, but couldn't find it. (further evidence that I should be called Mr. Dumbass)

i would just say play the game for hours man. thats how i learned.
when you first start playing you always immediately suck, but if you keep at it you'll get tons better. theres no real tips on how to get better, its just you getting more comfortable with it.

gl with that man, i tried to c what the hype was all about a year ago and after continuously getting wasted i decided to stop after like a month or 2. i still pick it up on and off just when i'm bored, and although its not as frustrating as it used to be i'm still no where near the really good people. iono if its so much the learning curve as all the other players r so dam good they seem to kill u b4 u even c them.

one thing that really helped me out though was just studying some teammates. i'd pick out the best person on my team atm and follow him around, c what he did, where he went, etc. try even just spectating for a while and follow the good players. it should give u a feel for how things are done in the game.

[quote name='Mr.Answer'][quote name='defender']I am a BIG CS player. Currently I play CZ (Condition Zero). I would suggest you find a solid server to play on. Play on a real server with real maps and not AIM or FY maps. Also get a mic if you do not have one. Find a server to play on regularly that way you get to know certain opponents. Try to complete objective as often as possible. Do not be a pussy but at the same time learn to pull back.

thought I'd check out your server, but couldn't find it. (further evidence that I should be called Mr. Dumbass)[/quote]

His server runs CZ, not regular Counter-Strike.

[quote name='Scorch'][quote name='Mr.Answer'][quote name='defender']I am a BIG CS player. Currently I play CZ (Condition Zero). I would suggest you find a solid server to play on. Play on a real server with real maps and not AIM or FY maps. Also get a mic if you do not have one. Find a server to play on regularly that way you get to know certain opponents. Try to complete objective as often as possible. Do not be a pussy but at the same time learn to pull back.

thought I'd check out your server, but couldn't find it. (further evidence that I should be called Mr. Dumbass)[/quote]

His server runs CZ, not regular Counter-Strike.[/quote]

Dang it, I wish I could read. This hasn't been my night for me. I feel like Homer tonight. "I am so smart, I am so smart, SMRT I mean SMART."

I took much of your opinions and I must say it did work! :)

On to play some more and lose one more level of suckiness!

bread's done
Back