Help choosing a 32" LCD TV from Sears/Kmart

galvatron2k1

CAGiversary!
Feedback
179 (100%)
I'm going to buy a 32" LCD TV in the next couple of weeks from Sears or Kmart using my Sears charge card (I'm waiting on another 12 month, no interest deal). My budget is $600-700. I went and looked at some and wanted some opinions from CAGs that may have or know about the following models:

1. Sharp LC-32D43U (I'm hoping to pricematch Crutchfield.com at $699)
2. Vizio VX32L - white or VW32L - black (I prefer the black trim over the white).

I'm open to any other suggestions in that price range as well. Also, should I get the extended warranty that may push me over budget? Thanks for the help.

Edit: Oops, I put Olevia, I meant Vizio.

Odd that neither of those TV's have any reviews On amazon....

I vote for sharp. They usually have a very competitive picture quality compared to the other major brands. I havent heard much about Olevia other than they are cheap and a good "starter set"

[quote name='Lice']Odd that neither of those TV's have any reviews On amazon....

I vote for sharp. They usually have a very competitive picture quality compared to the other major brands. I havent heard much about Vizio other than they are cheap and a good "starter set"[/quote]

Oops, fixed!

Was better off the first way, Olevia is actually a rather good brand. I don't personally own one, as I have an 32 inch LG, but I've heard nothing but praise about them on here and other websites. As for Sharp, you are pretty much paying for the name, sure, they look nice, but no nicer than one of the Olevia's. I'd personally stay away from Vizio, or Element for sure though.

I was just reading reviews on the Panasonic LX80 and LX800. I know for sure they don't stock the 800 but I can't remember if they had the 80. Any thoughts on those? Decisions, decisions....

Also, I'll have to take a closer look on the Olevia models. I don't like the bezels too much, but I haven't gotten a good look at the pictures (like the store models matter :roll:).

You dont want the VW32L model Vizio. They use inferior parts and people who have bought them say you can definately tell. Thus the $50 price difference. Stick with the VX model if you go the Vizio direction.

bread's done
Back