help!!! Cube memory card corrupted!!!

videogamejunkie

CAGiversary!
OK all you nintendo fan boys and girls, please help me out here. Just popped in a new copy of burnout 2 and after first save attempt says my card is corrupted. Please help. BTW nothing like this has never happened on my ps2!!! 40 plus hours of windwaker down the tubes.

Are you using a 3rd party memory card? If so that could be the problem. Just turn off the gamecube and try again or try a different game. Also it could be defective if it was bought within a month you should be able to return it no problem.

Can you access your memory cards through the GCN's menu? If so, I would recommend making a back up copy of your important files before trying to use the card again (assuming that the files are still there).

Now, if all your data is completely gone on the card you're basically screwed. I don't know of any way to recover a corrupt memory card. Are you using an official Nintendo memory card, or a third party card?

third party :cry: Have been using it for almost a year with no problems. I went to the main menu and tried other games and they all said it was corrupted and to reformat the card!!! I could care less, but that wind waker files is on that card.

thats why u should never use 3rd party crap. I only use 1st party brands and ZI have never had this kind of problem

my girlfriend had the same problem with a 3rd party card, only it manifested itself by making SSX 3 freeze every time she tried to save. Luckily we were able to transfer her saves to a different card, and reformatted the bad card and it works OK now. she just keeps all the important stuff on her new one.

i always use a first party card for the important things, and then have a 3rd party one for backup or just for games I don't care if I lose my saves

This happend on my 1st party card. I saved Animal Crossing and woke up to play it the next morning and it no longer worked and I had to format and start over. :( Sucks that's why I want one of those cards that I can hook up to the PC to store my game saves on.

If you want to save yourself some heartache, NEVER save an animal crossing or sonic adventure's Chao save on a 3rd party card. you cant actually make a backup or even move those files.

It happened to me one time half way through vice city! Power went out when I was saving my game! LOST EVERYTHING ON IT! STUPID POWER SHORTAGES!

Sadly breakdowns do occur more frequently on non licenced cards than official ones the more you use it. It's always a good idea to have a back up card and update it once a week (depending on the frequenecy of use.)

Third Party Cards = Risky Investment.

The only third party memory card I've purchased was a MadCatz memory card for my PS2. This was back when there was a shortage of the official PS2 Memory Card (remember that?). It's been pretty solid although I've had the occassional file corruption. Fortunately, it was isolated to one file rather than the whole card.

That will probably be the only time I make such an investment. I shelled out the $25 for the official 251 card when it first came out and then picked up another this past Christmas @ Target for $16 (on-sale) as a backup.

Put interact cards on the list along side MadCatz. All 3 of my Interact GC cards give me the corrupted message at random intervals. I've never had a Nintendo card so I can't vouch for their effectiveness. Although, I get a "CANNOT READ DISK" error message fairly often from my Gamecube so there may just be something wrong with my system in general.

I had this problem a couple weeks ago when saving Zelda 2 from the collector'e edition disc. The memory card told me that it needed to be reformated. I just about cried, but after a couple minutes of freaking out, I blew into the memory card itself and put it back in and everything was fine nothing had to be reformated. Kinda weird. Maybe there is some dust on the connectors. Try the "Air in a Can" technique and just blow out any dust particals that could be interfering with the card itself. Oh and I was using a Nyko 64Mb card.

I've had two 3rd party cards for over a year now and no corruptions. (cards were the 16x Interact one and the Target brand). Guess I'm just lucky. I should really go buy a official 251 before my luck is pressed too far.

I've never had to reformat, but while playing Arcadia Legends with a Nyko 59 block ( like when I payed $150 for my system, BLAST THAT PRICE CUT!) I got several "Corrupted Data" messages while trying to save. After getting real pissed, I realized that the memory wouldn't be gone until I tunred the game off, so after a few more save attempts, everything worked fine. That's the only game it ever did it on, by the way. Also, I am currently using the Interact 64MB card . One night, while over at my friends house, he tossed thecard to me while I wasn't looking; it bounced off my forehead and hit the floor effectively splitting it in half. I was frantic; the entire front half of the casing was completely across the room. 3 minutes and some Duct Tape later, I plugged the memory card back in and *
Ta Da* Absolutely no memory loss. I've been using the card since August and its new incarnation "ol' Tapey" for 2 months now and it's still going fine. I guess I'm just one of the lucky ones.

I can typically just remove the memory card in question, re-insert it into the same slot and it works fine. Try switching the slots, that may help. I've gotten a couple of ''format the card in Slot B'' messages from the gamecube menu to it not wanting to save Ocarina of Time data.

too late, already reformated the card. Lost hours on that little piece of plastic. I had to burn it in spite. Purchased a new 251 card (nintendo brand). Almost gave up on the cube too. Really not a big fan anyway.

The one time I had corrupted data, I just deleted it, I didnt have to reformat my card or anything. It was with NBA street, by the way. The corrupted data looked like a free block space, but when I clicked on it it turned out to be the source of my problems. So I got out lucky, without loosing my precious SSBM file.

bread's done
Back