HELP! Data lost!

SoulReaver

CAGiversary!
Feedback
99 (100%)
So, last week I bought a 16gb transcend usb stick (it was listed here) that was supported by the 360. I configured it all, and it passed the tests fine.

Transferred a ton of XBLA games to it.

Last night I played some Dead Rising: Case Zero.

Woke up today, all the data is corrupt. I restart the xbox and now it is asking me to configure the data. I try to configure it and it says it is failing the data loss test.

WTF? What to do?

Also, I just put it in my PC and all the folders are listed as random lettering, but it still the 5.6 gb worth of files listed like I had transferred to it. Can I recover it somehow?

EDIT: I said screw it and tried formatting it in FAT32. Still doesn't work on 360

It finally works. Just kept trying.

Took hours to re download everything.

Tonight, after several times turning it on and off, I turned it on and the data is gone again. WTF.

Sounds like a bad drive, SoulReaver. You could format it and use it on your PC, and then unplug/uh....re-plug (?) it in over and over and see if it loses data again.

That's my bet though. I don't know much about Transcend drives - maybe check it on Newegg/Amazon and see if other people have had issues? If so, get rid of it and pick up something else. I got this one from Newegg because it had a flawless record. Maybe you could go that route? Not the best answer I know, but it really seems like a bad drive right now.

Good luck either way.

happend to me once, formated it on my pc, then back to my 360. happend again but i just turned my xbox on and off again and it was fine, i don't know what the problem is, but you might want to try returning it, and seeing if another one (same kind) works.

[quote name='SoulReaver']So, last week I bought a 16gb transcend usb stick (it was listed here) that was supported by the 360. I configured it all, and it passed the tests fine. [/QUOTE]

Just wanted to point out, as Strell brought it to my attention, that the 16GB flash drive I had fail was also a Transcend. I'm not touching those with a stick now.

Yeah I think it's because the Transcend USB sticks aren't fast enough or something---reformatted on my PC but it keeps corrupting again on the Xbox 360.

I knew I shoulda bought the 360 slim when it was on sale at overstock....

Thanks for the link Strell, but $32 is kinda high for me...I think I might try to just pick up a bigger hard drive on the cheap

bread's done
Back