Help failed transaction on Amazon.com

mrkool899

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Okay so I thought my checking account was an ACH account. I ordered something on Amazon and received it. However the it was a fail transaction since Amazon never received the payment. They email me stating that they have handed the situation over to TRS (some type of debt collectors). My question is how would I be able to clear my name up. I don't want to clear it up over the phone since I don't want to give my information out on the phone. Will they just send me the bill so I can pay by mail? Help please.

[quote name='mrkool899']Okay so I thought my checking account was an ACH account. I ordered something on Amazon and received it. However the it was a fail transaction since Amazon never received the payment. They email me stating that they have handed the situation over to TRS (some type of debt collectors). My question is how would I be able to clear my name up. I don't want to clear it up over the phone since I don't want to give my information out on the phone. Will they just send me the bill so I can pay by mail? Help please.[/quote]

Something sounds fishy here. Collections isn't called just because of a failed transaction; they're usually called if an account is delinquent for a while and after at least one notice of said delinquency.

God just call them, stop being afraid of the "omg identity theft" that the fucking local news makes you think is happening to every single person on the face of the planet just by logging onto the internet.

I mean, it's Amazon, cmon!

You can't call Amazon, they have to call you so problem solved as far as calling a misleading number. Manually type in and visit the Amazon.com site and click call me. Fix the situation. Problem solved.

[quote name='crunchberries']Something sounds fishy here. Collections isn't called just because of a failed transaction; they're usually called if an account is delinquent for a while and after at least one notice of said delinquency.[/QUOTE]

This. mrkool889 might be targeted in a phishing scheme. Just to be safe, change your password on Amazon, the password of the email address you received the notice in, and if possible, the email address provided to Amazon.

Normally I'd say ignore this stuff, but if the email you got mentions specific details about your transaction, the phishers might have your passwords, too. I don't know if it's possible to see any damning information on Amazon's user control interface such as credit card numbers, so see if it's possible to pull that sort of information off of the site. I think it just shows stuff like ####-####-####-1234, though. If you can pull off damning information, though, you may be at risk for identity theft, as awful as that is to say. But that's a worst case scenario. I don't even know if the email you got gives any specific details.

bread's done
Back