Help formating C: drive

phatbunbao

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
when I try to format the C: drive (fresh install of xp pro) I get an error saying it is unable to do so because the C: drive has temporary files needed for the installation. I'm trying to remove all the bloatware from my new pc but when I installed xp pro in the C: drive all the junk folders are still there. Somebody help me because I'm about to just chuck the dame thing against the wall:bomb:

Try this site: http://www.nu2.nu/pebuilder/

This will allow you to create a boot CD which you can then use to format your C: drive. Since you won't be using your hard drive at the time, you should have no issues reformatting C:.

Once you've done that, pop in your XP CD and you'll be off to a fresh install. Just make sure you have your PC set to boot from CD (or choose it from a boot up list if you have one) when you put in the BartPE CD.

FYI a much simpler solution if you're going to do a fresh install is to just boot from the XP CD and delete, and then recreate, the main partition on the drive. When you select to install XP to the fresh partition, it will reformat it automatically.

[quote name='m6oo']FYI a much simpler solution if you're going to do a fresh install is to just boot from the XP CD and delete, and then recreate, the main partition on the drive. When you select to install XP to the fresh partition, it will reformat it automatically.[/quote]

Yea.... what he said.

I do this constantly at work. You turn on the PC and put the CD in. Then you follow the screens.

Or you could just boot of the XP Pro disc, and then install it again, and when it asks for a partition, you can delete the old one and make a new one and install a copy of windows.

bread's done
Back