Help guys, i have some problem with Paypal.

Porject D

CAGiversary!
Feedback
159 (100%)
Ok this is what happened. I brought 24 Season 1-4 from a ebay seller. Before i decide to buy from this seller i make sure this is authentic set but after a couple weeks i received a freaking Asian bootleg set of it. So i filed a complaint trying to return this item and get my money back. But today paypal is asking me to provide some additional info. Well, i have never done this before and i have no idea what to do at this point. I hope you guys can help me. This is the email i got from paypal.

In order to continue with the investigation of your complaint, we must
request documentation to support your claim that the item is damaged or
significantly not as described. Please obtain a document (such as an
estimate or invoice) from an unbiased third-party, such as a dealer, repair
shop, appraiser, or another individual or organization that is qualified in
the area of the item in question (other than yourself). This document
should detail the extent of the damage or clearly explain how the item
received significantly differs from the item advertised. Please do not
proceed with any repairs or alterations to the item, as doing so will limit
PayPals ability to successfully resolve your claim, and may result in the
cancellation of your dispute. If possible, the document should include a
serial number and description of the item, and the dollar amount required
to complete the repairs necessary to correct the damage. This document must
be on letterhead that includes the name, address, and phone number of the
individual, business, or organization so that PayPal may contact them if
necessary.

The documents should be faxed to PayPal at (402) 537-5760 (please note this
is a United States phone number, if you are faxing from outside the United
States, you will generally need to dial 00 1 before the number). Please
include a cover sheet with your fax that includes the email address
registered on your PayPal account and the ID number of your claim
(PP-215-283-109) so we may attach the document to your claim as quickly as
possible.

We must receive your fax within 10 days from the date of this message in
order to proceed with the investigation of your claim. If we do not receive
your fax within 10 days, your claim will be cancelled. We are unable to
grant extensions to this time period. PayPal is unable to reimburse you for
any costs or fees that may be incurred in obtaining the requested
documents. Any documents you provide may also be supplied to the seller in
your dispute.

Thank you for your cooperation and patience. We regret any inconvenience
this request may cause.

Sincerely,
Kamila
Protection Services Department

Please help guys. This stupid ass seller is claiming he is selling the real thing.:bomb:

Ok this is what happened. I brought 24 Season 1-4 from a ebay seller. Before i decide to buy from this seller i make sure this is authentic set but after a couple weeks i received a freaking Asian bootleg set of it. So i filed a complaint trying to return this item and get my money back. But today paypal is asking me to provide some additional info. Well, i have never done this before and i have no idea what to do at this point. I hope you guys can help me. This is the email i got from paypal.

In order to continue with the investigation of your complaint, we must
request documentation to support your claim that the item is damaged or
significantly not as described. Please obtain a document (such as an
estimate or invoice) from an unbiased third-party, such as a dealer, repair
shop, appraiser, or another individual or organization that is qualified in
the area of the item in question (other than yourself). This document
should detail the extent of the damage or clearly explain how the item
received significantly differs from the item advertised. Please do not
proceed with any repairs or alterations to the item, as doing so will limit
PayPals ability to successfully resolve your claim, and may result in the
cancellation of your dispute. If possible, the document should include a
serial number and description of the item, and the dollar amount required
to complete the repairs necessary to correct the damage. This document must
be on letterhead that includes the name, address, and phone number of the
individual, business, or organization so that PayPal may contact them if
necessary.

The documents should be faxed to PayPal at (402) 537-5760 (please note this
is a United States phone number, if you are faxing from outside the United
States, you will generally need to dial 00 1 before the number). Please
include a cover sheet with your fax that includes the email address
registered on your PayPal account and the ID number of your claim
(PP-215-283-109) so we may attach the document to your claim as quickly as
possible.

We must receive your fax within 10 days from the date of this message in
order to proceed with the investigation of your claim. If we do not receive
your fax within 10 days, your claim will be cancelled. We are unable to
grant extensions to this time period. PayPal is unable to reimburse you for
any costs or fees that may be incurred in obtaining the requested
documents. Any documents you provide may also be supplied to the seller in
your dispute.

Thank you for your cooperation and patience. We regret any inconvenience
this request may cause.

Sincerely,
Kamila
Protection Services Department

Please help guys. This stupid ass seller is claiming he is selling the real thing.

And this is the auction link....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...1534&rd=1&rd=1

Paypal wants you to take it someplace to someone who deals in DVD's regularly who can say "Oh, yea, this is definitely a bootleg".

That's the jist of it, anyways, and I'm not sure where you're going to find a "DVD expert". Maybe a pawn shop? They'd be able to tell if it was a fake I would think.

[quote name='Roufuss']Paypal wants you to take it someplace to someone who deals in DVD's regularly who can say "Oh, yea, this is definitely a bootleg".

That's the jist of it, anyways, and I'm not sure where you're going to find a "DVD expert". Maybe a pawn shop? They'd be able to tell if it was a fake I would think.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for your reply. I understand what they are asking me but i have no idea where to go from there. Or if there is anyone willing to do that.
I was hoping if there is anyone here that can help on it. Of course i will pay this person a bit for the work.

I don't suppose you bought this from a powerseller? Ebay loves to kiss their asses with insane policies like this.

Basically you need help from a manager or owner of any store that sells or rents DVDs (even blockbuster should work). What they have to do is oN OFFICIAL LETTERHEAD write out that the product does not look like the US release and that the UPC code (if it even has one) does NOT match the one found on the official US release.

Sadly this would really require someone to stick their neck out rather far for you (espeically since you're basically asking people you DIDN'T buy this item from for help) since by doing this they are agreeing to answer any future questions paypal may have regarding your claim. But if you spend enough money on this set (your link is broken) then you might try to get someone at a pawnshop or local movie store to help for $20.

That is the dumbest thing I ever heard. If this was a high priced item I would understand the need for an expert, but for a freaking DVD boxed set what does Paypal expect you to do? If I owned a store and some guy came in asking me to write a letter I don't even think I would let him finish his story. It's just common sense people! I think it would be more reasonable for them to read the auction description and ask you to email pictures of the item proving that it is indeed an asian bootleg. That would be reasonable. Yet another reason why Paypal sucks! Paypal...yeeesh!

First off: The seller is no longer a registered user :) That'll make this cake.

What you need to send Paypal: a short note from any U.S. Retailer willing to verify it's an import. You should be able to bring it to Best Buy, FYE, Gamestop, or any retail establishment that sells DVDs. If you have FYE, I would go there first since they take trades. More than likely they'll say "sorry, we can't take this, it's an import copy." Once they say that, explain your situation briefly and ask the clerk to write a note to Paypal explaining what he/she just told you.

Once you've got the brief letter, fax it to Paypal (be sure to include a cover sheet with all of your info). You can fax it at Kinko's for $2 (cover sheet is free).

Honestly, I don't think your case will be denied if you don't do the fax, since it's an issue of import/bootleg vs. authorized Region 1 release, but it won't hurt to send them something just in case they try squirming out of paying you back.

That is exactly my thought. No one will go that far to just help me on this.
I can provide pictures and everything but asking someone to help confirm this is indeed a bootleg copy is something else. I can walk into a video store asking for help but they will just give me the look.

I'd consider going to my credit card company with the dispute at this point. Not sure how PayPal would react to that, but at some point you have to say fuck em, they aren't trying to help.

Barring that I'd see if a local DVD shop owner would help you out. If you explain the situation I could see somebody being willing to fire off a short note confirming they are bootlegs.

And as has been mentioned, your link doesn't work.

[quote name='wubb']I'd consider going to my credit card company with the dispute at this point. Not sure how PayPal would react to that, but at some point you have to say fuck em, they aren't trying to help.

Barring that I'd see if a local DVD shop owner would help you out. If you explain the situation I could see somebody being willing to fire off a short note confirming they are bootlegs.

And as has been mentioned, your link doesn't work.[/QUOTE]

I wish i can do that but i used my debit card to pay it. So i dont think that will work.
Anyway, i am hoping anyone here that work in video store can help me on this.
Whoever, get help me get to the buttom of this i am will to pay this person $40 paypal for the work. That is if i can get my money back of course. PM me if you are interested.

Well he is in the US so you can file mail fraud charges against him. That probably won't get you any money back, but I'd do it. If you haven't already request his info from eBay and/or check the return address on the package he sent you. (But I guess either of those could be faked?) He cheated you on a sale using the USPS and used the USPS to ship bootlegged goods. Both of those are probably illegal.

Was his feedback private when you made the purchase?

"In addition, all of

our listings are held private to protect our consumers from

malicious contacts by reported overseas scammers. Thank you

for your cooperation."

That also seems a little fishy to me. Of course none of that really helps now.

And this bit is neither here nor there, but I thought it was amusing - "Returns are not accepted.DVD Depot is dedicated to providing the best in quality and customer service" Better customer service through a no return policy. Wasn't that Dupont's slogan for a while?

bread's done
Back