Help!! Hardware Issues

ns27

CAGiversary!
I don't know if it's because of 2.41, but ever since I installed it, my ps3's been acting up, freezing every now and then. Today, I just exited a game and the screen turned black. I was able to eject the disc, but it still won't turn off! I know now my only option is turn it off from the back or pull the plug but I've heard that that might damage it internally or something (don't ask me why).

Did anyone else have to ever turn it off from the back or pull the cord while the thing was still on? Please help!!!!

[quote name='ns27']I don't know if it's because of 2.41, but ever since I installed it, my ps3's been acting up, freezing every now and then. Today, I just exited a game and the screen turned black. I was able to eject the disc, but it still won't turn off! I know now my only option is turn it off from the back or pull the plug but I've heard that that might damage it internally or something (don't ask me why).

Did anyone else have to ever turn it off from the back or pull the cord while the thing was still on? Please help!!!![/quote]

Hold down the button on the console, and it should go off.

[quote name='jman619']Hold down the button on the console, and it should go off.[/quote]

No, that's not working at all. I even put two damn fingers on the power button.

[quote name='ns27']No, that's not working at all. I even put two damn fingers on the power button.[/quote]

You held it for several seconds? It should triple beep you.

[quote name='StrandedBrit']You held it for several seconds? It should triple beep you.[/quote]

What he said. If that don't work I guess you will have to just unplug it. It shouldn't hurt it.

bread's done
Back