Help!! I think I got a reshrinkwrapped game from Ebay

paradise2894

CAGiversary!
Feedback
6 (100%)
I bought MGS for PS1 brand new in box sealed. Well i got it today and for some reason it looks resealed to me. Is there any specific way to tell??

Most PS1 titles were shrinkwrapped on the the top and bottom like a present or like a music CD. I used to work at GameStop and the shrink wrap machine we had would just leave hard "Lines" where the plastic was burned together.

If it feels like an unopened Music CD feels on the outside, it should be good. If it feels soft, and not plasticy, then it has been opened.

Hope this helps.

If there's a sticker on top of the case then you might be fine. Over time the wrap on games at retail stores sometimes gets ripped and ruined, so the store takes the original wrap off (keeps the seal on and does not open the game) and re-shrinks it so it can look acceptable. Post pictures here so we can tell for sure.

[quote name='kell']What makes you think it's a re-wrap? We need some more info on the wrap/seal to help.[/QUOTE]

Well I dont know exactly. There is a tear in the plastic wrapping and it doesnt have the Y Fold wrapping which got me wondering a bit.

[quote name='Todd803']Most PS1 titles were shrinkwrapped on the the top and bottom like a present or like a music CD. I used to work at GameStop and the shrink wrap machine we had would just leave hard "Lines" where the plastic was burned together.

If it feels like an unopened Music CD feels on the outside, it should be good. If it feels soft, and not plasticy, then it has been opened.

It feels pretty sturdy and not really flimsy or soft.

Hope this helps.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='drock']PS1 games generally had a sticker on the top of the case beneath the shrinkwrap. Like this - http://i3.iofferphoto.com/img/item/107/591/177/3JiQ.jpg[/QUOTE]

It has that seal still intact though there is a small dotted line going kind of diagonally on the little silver sticker on the seal. That looks to be normal though.

[quote name='Rozz']If there's a sticker on top of the case then you might be fine. Over time the wrap on games at retail stores sometimes gets ripped and ruined, so the store takes the original wrap off (keeps the seal on and does not open the game) and re-shrinks it so it can look acceptable. Post pictures here so we can tell for sure.[/QUOTE]

Will try getting pictures up later today or tomorrow

[quote name='Arakias']Is it from NorAm? Link the listing if theres a photo, NorAm is notorious for resealing games.[/QUOTE]

I had read through that thread with NorAm and that other seller selling resealed games. Luckily it is not from him. Here is a link to the auction on Ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170371227565&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

Appreciate the input and help guys!!

[quote name='paradise2894']It has that seal still intact though there is a small dotted line going kind of diagonally on the little silver sticker on the seal. That looks to be normal though.[/QUOTE]
That perforation is normal. However, take a good look at it to see if looks like it was ever separated and then just carefully placed back together. Does the wrap have any small pin sized holes, usually referred to as "vent" holes? Where, and how many, are the seams on the wrap (sides, top, bottom, etc.)?

bread's done
Back